spc
Search similar:

uniqs

snipereone
@rr.com

snipereone

Anon

Banned speed HELP PLEASE!!

Hi, i need help! The problem is i was downloading some file in rapidshare like 15Gigabites than i noticed in next day my download speed decrease to much!!! from 1.3Ms speed to the low 70kbs i think the problem was rapidshare than i test my account in other house and i see the account has no problems!!! and think the road runner time warner cable bann me for that size of file !! and now in the past day i find another good free server than again i get banned my speed now my download speed in that server is 43kbs !!! come on!!!! maaaaaan!!! i test in bayfiles and its ok my conection no problems!!! my speed its ok!!! but the problem are in those websites!!! WHAT CAN I DO!!!???

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium Member
join:2004-11-29
Corpus Christi, TX

CptGemini

Premium Member

the problem is with rapidshare not time warner. time warner has no caps and therefore does not ban people
etaadmin
join:2002-01-17
united state

etaadmin to snipereone

to snipereone
said by snipereone :

Hi, i need help! The problem is i was downloading some file in rapidshare like 15Gigabites than i noticed in next day my download speed decrease to much!!! from 1.3Ms speed to the low 70kbs i think the problem was rapidshare than i test my account in other house and i see the account has no problems!!! and think the road runner time warner cable bann me for that size of file !! and now in the past day i find another good free server than again i get banned my speed now my download speed in that server is 43kbs !!! come on!!!! maaaaaan!!! i test in bayfiles and its ok my conection no problems!!! my speed its ok!!! but the problem are in those websites!!! WHAT CAN I DO!!!???

What kind of crap can some 15GB file contain?

Again I'm not judging anybody... just curious. I've downloaded with no problems before and after some linux ISO and some pirated s%$t but never 15GB worth of it.

ok 2
@leapwireless.net

ok 2

Anon

it was a game on parts!! the problem is not the size!!

ok
@leapwireless.net

ok to CptGemini

Anon

to CptGemini
ok if rapidshare is the problem why i can download at full of speed in other house with my rapidshare account!!!?? and now from other site i have the same problem!!
etaadmin
join:2002-01-17
united state

etaadmin

From their website I assume that you have a pro account right? Because if not your speed is 'restricted'

Again from their website you can use SSL, have you tried that? If you use SSL any ISP or government agency won't know what you are downloading (cross fingers) and if they don't know they won't bother.

Its going to be very interesting to know what is happening since you are having problems in 'that other site' too.

weird
@leapwireless.net

weird

Anon

some friend tell they think some one is trying to hack my service!! so the bann the conection to that site for security reason!! y report that problem and they gone call me back!!

Defiance
Computer Elite
Premium Member
join:2002-09-11
Minocqua, WI

Defiance to snipereone

Premium Member

to snipereone
Use a download manager such as Internet Download Manager and your problems will be solved. It will connect multiple times to download the files and you will get much faster speeds than http speeds.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_ to snipereone

Premium Member

to snipereone
HTTP was not meant for large download it was meant for text data

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium Member
Corpus Christi, TX

CptGemini to weird

Premium Member

to weird
said by weird :

some friend tell they think some one is trying to hack my service!! so the bann the conection to that site for security reason!! y report that problem and they gone call me back!!

no one is trying to hack you, its rapidshare. even their premium service sucks. i should know i used to have a premium account with them and even then the speeds werent that great. but as others said use a download manager of some sort like flashget, getright or jdownloader.

thanks
@rr.com

thanks

Anon

thanks all great forum!!! i download Jdownloader!! im gone use that!!

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium Member
Corpus Christi, TX

CptGemini

Premium Member

jdownloader is awesome, it should have rapidshare support allowing you to add your premium login info if you got one so that you dont have to enter it in any time you download from there. i would recommend about a max of 3 threads per download or so when downloading from most services unless you know the people who run any site you are downloading from

motoracer
join:2003-09-15
united state

motoracer to snipereone

to snipereone
Your download is a low priority since you're using a free account. You basically get the left over bandwidth (and limited at that). Your speed will fluctuate throughout the download.

snipereone
@rr.com

snipereone

Anon

my download speed is 11M but since i dont know why? i have experience low bandwith in rapishare and some site called Karelia!! i think they bann my speed download from that sites!! i still have premium acc from rapidshare!!! but! i download from jdownloadre at 200kps thats noob!!! so i think for second time get banned!!! my premium account work fine in other house!!!

Lowtarget
Premium Member
join:2003-12-22
Alger, OH

Lowtarget to snipereone

Premium Member

to snipereone
Just like CptGemini alll ready said about this issue. Time Warner places no cap limits on the website you go to.

The issue is with Rapid Share site it self not Time Warner. A while back Rapid Share changed the way they run. By placing a bandwidth limit on free users who download from there site. In the past free users was able to see some nice speeds from them.

Cause they want you to buy a subscription with real money. Time Warner it self don't place limits on the sites. It's all about how much bandwidth the server you downloading from has available for you.

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium Member
Corpus Christi, TX

CptGemini

Premium Member

said by Lowtarget:

A while back Rapid Share changed the way they run. By placing a bandwidth limit on free users who download from there site. In the past free users was able to see some nice speeds from them.

I remember that lol

snipereone
@rr.com

snipereone to snipereone

Anon

to snipereone
Im very angry with roadrunner dont tell me they not have caps!!! GRRRRR!!!! look this numbers!!! this picture are from rapidshare and bayfiles both PREMIUM ACCOUNT PREMIUM ACCOUNT PREMIUM ACCOUNT PREMIUM ACCOUNT!!! GOT IT!!! this is just in this 2 i test in other KARELIA!!! and the same thing!! whats happen!! come on readrunner !!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium Member
Corpus Christi, TX

CptGemini

Premium Member

dude time warner does not have caps. its the crappy servers you are downloading from as they are out of the US. you cant and shouldnt expect very high speed from servers thoughsands upon thoughsands of miles away overseas.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to snipereone

Premium Member

to snipereone
Your issues are with the PREMIUM ACCOUNT servers that are based off shore. Might want to start with them.

Good luck.

Hob

snipereone
@leapwireless.net

snipereone to CptGemini

Anon

to CptGemini
look man rapidshare was bad and than i decide to use bayfiles and my downlod speed was 1.20mb i say COOL!!! this server is good!! the party ends on just a week!! and the CUT speed again!! God hope can fix this thing!

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium Member
Corpus Christi, TX

CptGemini

Premium Member

said by snipereone :

look man rapidshare was bad and than i decide to use bayfiles and my downlod speed was 1.20mb i say COOL!!! this server is good!! the party ends on just a week!! and the CUT speed again!! God hope can fix this thing!

like everyone has told you many times it is the servers you are downloading from not time warner. if you really are dead set on thinking its time warner then vote with your wallet and find another provider. you will find things will be the same. a lot of the places that host files no one in the US should be hosting are hosted on servers outside the US since they are harder to touch.

snipereone
@rr.com

snipereone

Anon

FIXEDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D YEEEEEEEI!!!!!!!!!! they just change my old ambit modem!!! now im ready!!! thanks for the support!!! i just take pictures of my lowspeed and than after a month finaly they change my modem!!! THANKS all!!

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium Member
Corpus Christi, TX

CptGemini

Premium Member

those old ambits are garbage, if youd of mentioned it any sooner the first thing id of said would be to exchange it