spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

SHoTTa35

@mycingular.net

[OOL] Minor Internet Outage in CT till "10PM"

Came home to see internet is "out" - in that the modem is still connected and I could ping google but couldn't really browse anywhere. They didn't fail just was sloooooooooww, took like 10mins to load Google.com. DSLReports and Engadget looked like all the CSS was stripped out but then refresh it and it worked instantly. Still randomly fails to connect however to even cached sites.

Reset the modem the "Online" light blinked forever and just keeps rebooting and wont connect, all other lights locked obviously. Eventually it connected again and back to partially failing and super slow connection speeds. Modem showing 5 downstream channels still and correcteds are going up fast after resetting the modem.

Just called CV and once my number was inputted, they mentioned an outage in my area with a 10PM resolution. This is the 2nd time it's been like this with it happening on Saturday also, didn't call then but yesterday it was fine all day long. Not complaining though as this is the 2nd time in 2yrs i've ever had an issue.

Using Android tethering on AT&T now, another good reason to jailbreak/root phones - Surpirsed how fast this thing is too!

NAC

@mycingular.net

At&t tethered here too
Anyway, outage in Northern NJ, it's been out for a few hours now, my modem is just like you described, online led flashes and never goes solid...TV still works, maybe they are doing maintenance? if its still out in the morning I will put a call in

SHoTTa35

@optonline.net

Forgot to update but it came back at about 9pm last night, didn't need to reboot or anything. Pages just started loading like normal which makes me think it's something past the CMTS. Oh well, let's hope there's not another one tomorrow (tonight has been "normal" so far)

SHoTTa35

@optonline.net
reply to SHoTTa35

Seems we are semi-down again. Having packet loss it seems is the main cause as I can ping google (with some loss) but sites wont connect, well only sometimes like now

They better be doing 8channel DS and 4 US activations or something for it to be going out like this all the time! Before this as I said was like almost 2yrs of no errors (that I experienced anyways).

thinkpad

join:2000-07-26
Stamford, CT

This past weekend I was having packet loss of up to 20% and pings over 200+ to Brooklyn.

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to SHoTTa35

said by SHoTTa35 :

Seems we are semi-down again. Having packet loss it seems is the main cause as I can ping google (with some loss) but sites wont connect, well only sometimes like now

They better be doing 8channel DS and 4 US activations or something for it to be going out like this all the time! Before this as I said was like almost 2yrs of no errors (that I experienced anyways).

Additional downstream channels are added at night time, so it's not anything like that. Don't know if there's anything that was previously found in your area though.