Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Tweakbl

join:2008-09-25
Rosedale, WV
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..

New Password reset to Old Password after restore?

When the site was being restored and basic login functionality was put into place I was one of the ones that did a reset on my Password.
The new password is gone. I see no posts about it (Granted I am busy and have not looked into every place on here.) But my Old Password is now back.

What happened?

Tweakbl

Rosedale, WV
I went ahead and changed it again. It does not like doing it from within the site instead it wants the email confirmation to get it to go thru.

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
reply to Tweakbl
The same thing happened to me (and I assume to everyone else who did a password reset in the first few days after the site came back up). The 'reset' password reverted to my old pre-outage password when all the old topics, reviews, etc. were restored.
--
Bohemian Rhapsody

tnsprin

join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL
kudos:1
Something strange going on. I reset my password, cutting and pasting the new password I had setup when the system was up but still being restored.

I now have had to repeat a password reset on two more consecutive days.

Tweakbl

Rosedale, WV
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to fatness
Glad I am not alone then
Back about a year or more ago I reset my password to a more complex one....it failed to take then to.(Same issue but way before the big crash took place) So I just left it be. Until the crash happened.
I figured it was a restore issue and that when the site was restored things got reverted back.

So long story short,I did a Password request with email verification and that fixed it. Trying to do it manually from within your profile does not seem to work.

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
Well I'm glad you're reporting the problem. You're not alone in having password issues at the present time (although the number of people having them has dropped markedly since 2 weeks ago). Thank you.
--
Bohemian Rhapsody