how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

allank
Premium
join:2002-08-04
Leawood, KS

[TW] Switched from RR to EL - is TWC My Services correct?

Due to dropping TWC cable TV and general frustrations with TWC, including "the no cable" add-on internet fee, we just switched from TWC 10/1 $49.99 with no cable to EL Max 20/1 $39.99 for 6 months/$51.95 after that.

However on the TWC My Services / My Internet service page it lists Internet Service (2) and lists both Earthlink Cable Max and Earthlink Standard as services. Is that correct? It could be if the Max is just an add-on price eg $10, instead of the total $39.99 price. I wont receive a bill for about another month. Or did something get mixed up in the conversion and I'm now being billed for two internet services?

Racerbob
Premium
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY
kudos:1

I think you are ok. In My Services, my internet service is listed as Turbo (20/2) and I actually have Extreme (30/5). Like you...after my 1 year deal with Time Warner ends, I will be looking at Earthlink.
--
DirecTV is pretty neat. If you want a referral ask me.

cramer
Premium
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
kudos:8

Maybe by then Earthlink will be offering TWC's DOCSIS3 tech.

allank
Premium
Leawood, KS
reply to allank

Checked today and the services are correct but the prices are not. It is listed on the bill as Earthlink Standard $41.95 and Earthlink Max $9.95 for a total of $51.95. Now I just need to call up and get the correct price.

allank
Premium
Leawood, KS
reply to allank

So called in, initially got the "there is no campaign we can attach to a service downgrade" (RoadRunner to Earthlink is a "downgrade"), but the agent without much prompting researched the issue and finally came back saying a campaign should now be attached giving the promotional price. We'll see what happens on the next billing cycle.