share rss forum feed

superdog
I Need A Drink
Premium,MVM
join:2001-07-13
Lebanon, PA

1 recommendation

[Equipment] New DLB gear

Is anyone using the new Deliberant gear? While it says it connects to UBNT stuff, I am sure it is only A/B/G/N only? The prices are down to the same level it seems. It also looks like they may have their own proprietary "Airmax" type scheme?
--
»www.wavecrazy.net

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON
kudos:2

Yeah they have a polling protocol it looks like, not quite the same as airmax (TDMA), afaik its like nstreme on mikrotik, and airmax is like nv2 on mikrotik. It will connect to any N based AP in 802.11 mode yea but only other deliberant APs in polling mode.

I have a few mixed mode G/N APs I was interested in trying out the integrated 20db grid on, price is right for a single chain high power integrated device.
--
OptionsDSL Wireless Internet
»www.optionsdsl.ca

SipSizzurp
Fo' Shizzle
Premium
join:2005-12-28
Houston, TX
kudos:4

1 recommendation

reply to superdog

How is DLB firmware as compared to the AirMacks 5.3.5 or something good ? Bugs, Stability,Prerfance, Firmware GUI easy ?
--
Bu Bye, My Sweet Baby Donna Summer. 05-17-1912. We are crying like babies at loosing you.

superdog
I Need A Drink
Premium,MVM
Lebanon, PA

2 recommendations

reply to superdog

Maybe it is time for me to buy some and see what happens? I got rid of my SmartBridges T shirts and underwear, but I still have a DLB tattoo on my butt cheek, Lol (old alliances die hard, haha)
--
»www.wavecrazy.net

viperm
Carpe Diem
Premium
join:2002-07-09
Winchester, CA

WOW smart bridges are they even still around..

EDIT___ guess they are »www.smartbridges.com/

does anyone even use them I gave up on them when the nexus series came out and I tested a few for them with okay succes but they failed after a couple months.. Swapped out to Canopy for the customer I Was testing with..

Thier little 1 foot dish was such a joke. Poorly made, had rust on and in it. looked like they used an old Wok and turned it into a dish to used for thier radios.

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to superdog

said by superdog:

Maybe it is time for me to buy some and see what happens? I got rid of my SmartBridges T shirts and underwear, but I still have a DLB tattoo on my butt cheek, Lol (old alliances die hard, haha)

Yea Im on the buy some and see what happens boat too, for the price why the hell not?

Ill skip the tattoo on my ass though.

(this coming from a guy that has almost 70 HGA 8186 radios still in operation)
--
OptionsDSL Wireless Internet
»www.optionsdsl.ca

superdog
I Need A Drink
Premium,MVM
Lebanon, PA

said by Inssomniak:

[
(this coming from a guy that has almost 70 HGA 8186 radios still in operation)

Up until 2 years ago, I had 3 in the field still working. If it 'aint broke, why fix it?, Lol
--
»www.wavecrazy.net