spc
Search similar:

uniqs
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

[TIVO] Whole Home System Announced

Now I may finally be interested in Tivo -- whole home system announced w/IP boxes that talk to the DVR:

»pr.tivo.com/easyir/custo ··· stom_150
tennisman94
join:2010-02-18
Palm Harbor, FL

tennisman94

said by kes601:

Now I may finally be interested in Tivo -- whole home system announced w/IP boxes that talk to the DVR:

It will be nice to have a choice between this, the Ceton system, and the Verizon whole home system by the end of this year.
OwlSaver
OwlSaver
Premium Member
join:2005-01-30
Berwyn, PA

OwlSaver

Premium Member

said by tennisman94:

said by kes601:

It will be nice to have a choice between this, the Ceton system, and the Verizon whole home system by the end of this year.

Don't forget the Silicon Dust HD Home Run Prime. I have the 6CC model and it works great with FiOS. We use both laptops and XBOX 360s to watch live TV and record. I still have three Verizon STBs but I am considering replacing them with XBOX 360s or Windows Media Center devices.

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt to kes601

Premium Member

to kes601
Hopefully the six tuner box they announced for cable companies comes out next year for retail. Then I'll sell my two Elites and get two of the IP STBs. Athough I already plan on getting one and dumping a cable card and selling my lifetime Premiere XL. With a six tuner box I can be down to one cable card. At one point I had eight cable cards on FiOS. At $4 each, the less the better.

The only bad thing about the Ip STBs, at least initially, they will only work with the Elite/XL4/Q boxes. And a tuner will have to be dedicated to the IP STB for it to use. A later software version is supposed to make the tuner assignment dynamic.
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601 to OwlSaver

to OwlSaver
The HD Homerum Prime is ruled out for me because of the Windows requirement for streaming. Ceton looks promising depending on the price of the Q and each Echo box. I'd be looking at one Q and 3 Echos. Then keep my 2 free digital adapters and Vz gets zero hardware money from me except for a cable card for the Q.