spc
Search similar:

uniqs

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to telcodad

to telcodad

Re: [X1] Xfinity TV on X1 Platform and X1 Remote Control App!

I was hoping the pittsburgh region would get it as well.
Russ6
join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX

Russ6 to telcodad

to telcodad
said by telcodad:

An article today on the Light Reading Cable site about which markets may get the X1 next:

Where Will Comcast's X1 Land Next?
By Jeff Baumgartner, Light Reading Cable - May 30, 2012
»www.lightreading.com/doc ··· d=221481

Strangely, the article states:
Early on, Comcast will introduce that capability on the RNG 150, an IP-capable HD digital set-top (also made by Pace) that has the horsepower necessary to run the new cloud-based guide.

The only RNG150 box that I knew about is the one made by Cisco (which I have). However, this page on Comcast's site also shows an RNG150 that is made by Samsung: »customer.comcast.com/hel ··· ramming/

The author might have the RNG150 confused with the Pace RNG110 box that is detailed in the article (»www.lightreading.com/doc ··· d=199901) that he referenced right after that statement.

The areas that you listed in the linked post are an exact match:
»Re: [DVR] Spectrum Quad Tuner DVR revealed

The scheduled dates will probably continue to slip, but your source is well informed.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to mikedz4

MVM

to mikedz4
said by mikedz4:

Is there a website for x1?

Even though the X1 platform should have been officially launched in Boston now, I have not found an official, supporting webpage for it on Comcast's site yet.

The only pages about it that I've seen so far have been the press release (»www.comcast.com/About/Pr ··· RID=1186), on the Comcast Voices blog (»blog.comcast.com/2012/05 ··· iew.html), and various threads in the Comcast Help and Support Forums (for example: »forums.comcast.com/t5/Xf ··· /1291543 and your own post at: »forums.comcast.com/t5/Xf ··· /1294993).
telcodad

telcodad to reactor550

MVM

to reactor550
said by aguiar0016:

The Boston DMA will have it. Fall River will be one of those areas.

said by gt1racer:

New Bedford should be getting it too, since Fall River and New Bedford are on the same Headend.

said by reactor550 :

does anyone know if South shore will get it? Raynham, Taunton?

According to an item on the X1 boxes on the Boston Globe site (»www.boston.com/business/ ··· tml?pg=1), it should be available in all those areas as it says "the system is available now for new customers in eastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The upgrade will be available for existing subscribers in the near future—estimated to be about a month later."
aguiar0016
join:2006-01-23
New Bedford, MA

aguiar0016 to reactor550

to reactor550
Yes you will. New customers first
aguiar0016

aguiar0016 to NHHD99

to NHHD99
Cancel service.
JK
Only to new customers right now.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by telcodad:

said by mikedz4:

Even though the X1 platform should have been officially launched in Boston now, I have not found an official, supporting webpage for it on Comcast's site yet.

aguiar0016 just posted this on another thread:
aguiar0016
New Bedford, MA

aguiar0016 to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
Launch has been delayed till June 6th.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
»forums.comcast.com/t5/Xf ··· 7#M50439

mannolc12 wrote:

What about for current existing customers (I'm a triple play subscriber)? Is there a date for that yet?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would be available for existing customers at the same time.

Once it is available, you will need to arrange to obtain new cable boxes from Comcast in order to get the new X1 guide experience.

Some additional information can be found here: »x1.comcast.net/webportal

So any news on areas other than massachusetts?
chadb97
join:2009-07-14
Osceola, IN

chadb97 to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
I live in Northern Indiana and have 1 Motorola RNG200N and 2 Motorola RNG150N. I know eventually I'll be getting a new guide for these boxes, but I'm confused which of the new guides I might receive. There is Onscreen guide 2.0 and now this x1 guide. Is there any way of knowing what will get distributed to my boxes? (although this might not happen for a few years though)
gt1racer
join:2008-11-19
Fall River, MA

gt1racer to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
So basically June 6th Current Triple Play Customers in Eastern MA could get the X1 Box at their local Comcast center via pickup?

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

1 edit

telcodad to chadb97

MVM

to chadb97
Not sure about the new Motorola RNG boxes, but there is a thread in this forum on On-Screen Guide 2.0 for older ones: »[STB] On-Screen Guide 2.0+ on Motorola (legacy) boxes?
Russ6
Houston, TX

Russ6

What are the differences between On-Screen Guide 2.0 and the X1 Guide?
aguiar0016
New Bedford, MA

aguiar0016 to gt1racer

to gt1racer
No pickup , tech is needed for install.

Not sure about current customers getting it. Comcast doesn't want to roll trucks when they feel it is "unneeded".
The Q
join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA

The Q to Russ6

to Russ6
said by Russ6:

from what i can tell, on-screen guide 2.0 is for selected SA-Cisco areas and X1 is for selected motorola areas (X1 probably used to be called on screen guide 3.0).

some links to compare:

Guide 2.0 »info.xfinity.com/Portal/ ··· ult.aspx

X1
»x1.comcast.net/webportal/

»blog.comcast.com/2012/05 ··· iew.html
NHHD99
join:2009-10-17
Hampton, NH

NHHD99 to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
I live in Hampton, NH which is part of Greater Boston, where this X1 Platform is supposed to be available. So I did an online chat this afternoon, June 4, to find out if I could get this. After getting transferred to 4 different customer service people, and having to explain to one of them that I was NOT talking about a Home Security System, I was finally told that the new guide and boxes were only available in Augusta (must have meant Georgia) and in Foxboro, MA, and they were "adding new areas all the time". Not sure if the final guy knew exactly that I was talking about a new cable box and guide but he was insistent that it was not available in my town but only in Foxboro.
gt1racer
join:2008-11-19
Fall River, MA

gt1racer to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
What a bummer, i was really thinking i could get my hands on the new box but only new customers get it.
Russ6
Houston, TX

1 edit

Russ6 to The Q

to The Q
said by The Q:

said by Russ6:

from what i can tell, on-screen guide 2.0 is for selected SA-Cisco areas and X1 is for selected motorola areas (X1 probably used to be called on screen guide 3.0).

some links to compare:

Guide 2.0 »info.xfinity.com/Portal/ ··· ult.aspx

X1
»x1.comcast.net/webportal/

»blog.comcast.com/2012/05 ··· iew.html

I think the new guides will eventually be available in both Motororola and SA/Cisco areas based on the following comments in Comcast's Ted Hodgins, Sr. Director, Video Product Development - Navigation, in Media & Entertainment, "New Guide for Scientific Atlanta Cable Boxes" blog:
quote:
. . .

Other SA/Cisco areas that are in states that I have not listed above are not currently targeted for On-Screen Guide 2.0 this year and some of those areas (that I have not listed) may get our On-Screen Guide 3.0 (also called the X1 guide) this year or next year.

The long term plan is to get all of our newest cable boxes (regardless of hardware manufacturer or geography) onto a common guide starting in 2013 to provide a consistent experience.

Ted Hodgins replied to comment from Russ | April 18, 2012 2:08 PM

»blog.comcast.com/2010/05 ··· nt-45967
aguiar0016
New Bedford, MA

aguiar0016

Confirmed: New triple play customers only because of low inventory. Tech install is required. no self install.

Current customers will be offered the X1 DVR at a later date.

JasonWw
@comcast.net

JasonWw

Anon

No offense, but FIOS has been offering this type of service years ago. Now with Xfinity you need all new equipment, DVR service, tech install, ect. Give me a break, I am so glad I switched to FIOS a while ago.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to aguiar0016

to aguiar0016
go figure. Give the new customers the new equipment but heck with your curent long time devoted and loyal customers.
NHHD99
join:2009-10-17
Hampton, NH

NHHD99 to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
This is a link to an article that in the April 7 edition of the Boston Globe. Apparently the Technology writer was able to have this new X1 Platform installed but no one else can:

»www.bostonglobe.com/1970 ··· ory.html
JoeSammamish
join:2009-06-10
Sammamish, WA

JoeSammamish to mikedz4

to mikedz4
said by mikedz4:

go figure. Give the new customers the new equipment but heck with your curent long time devoted and loyal customers.

Cut Comcast a little slack. It will take them a while for Comcast to build up inventory of the new boxes. I can't blame Comcast for not wanting a big run on a limited supply of boxes.

Also, I think most of the DCX series boxes are Tru2Way capable and so they should be able to run the new guide. If so, it would make sense that Comcast would want to avoid truck rolls to deliver new boxes to existing customers if the new guide is close to being deployed on their existing boxes.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by telcodad:

said by telcodad:

said by mikedz4:

aguiar0016 just posted this on another thread:

Just found this new website for the X1 platform: »xfinity.comcast.net/x1/

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

So does anyone know if X1 provides Anyroom DVR functionality?

So, if I were a new customer signing up, would only my DVR be on the X1 software and my other 2 HD boxes would have the A28 guide?

owlyn
MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA

owlyn to telcodad

MVM

to telcodad
I don't really car that much about the guide features- I want the extra tuner(s), although I suspect the three tuner limit is due to signal level problems.

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA

cypherstream to SeattleMatt

MVM

to SeattleMatt
That's a good question. Better yet, could you have X1 in all of your rooms, and they all talk to eachother?
Joe12345678
join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL

Joe12345678 to owlyn

to owlyn
or maybe box CPU power or the box useing tuner 4 for data?
Russ6
Houston, TX

Russ6 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
said by SeattleMatt:

So does anyone know if X1 provides Anyroom DVR functionality?

So, if I were a new customer signing up, would only my DVR be on the X1 software and my other 2 HD boxes would have the A28 guide?

quote:
An industry source says the first multi-room DVR implementation involving the X1 will team the hybrid device with the RNG150, an all-digital HD client box from Motorola Mobility Inc. (NYSE: MMI), with trials expected late this year.
The previous excerpt is from:

Comcast Sizes Up All-IP Set-Top

By Jeff Baumgartner, Light Reading Cable - April 4, 2012
»www.lightreading.com/doc ··· r_cable&

telecodad posted excerpts from this article at:

»Re: [DVR] Spectrum Quad Tuner DVR revealed
aguiar0016
New Bedford, MA

aguiar0016 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
No Anyroom functions.

Good question, i'm going to guess yes. Let me see if I can get a better answer for you.