how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Zoder

join:2002-04-16
Miami, FL
reply to Joe12345678

Re: [X1] Xfinity TV on X1 Platform and X1 Remote Control App!

Why does Pace say the box have six tuners? Is Comcast deactivating 3 of them?

owlyn
Premium,MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA

said by Zoder:

Yes.

aguiar0016

join:2006-01-23
New Bedford, MA
reply to JeepMatt

Jeep, only the DVR will be X1 the others would be on the current guide.

Zoder

join:2002-04-16
Miami, FL
reply to owlyn

said by owlyn:

said by Zoder:

Yes.

That's disappointing. At least it's something they could change with a future software update.

ric

@spcsdns.net

Denver will be 2nd market to get X1(July/August)

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

still no news on the pittsburgh area. I know they said probably not this year but I'm still holding out hope

The Q

join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA
reply to gate1975mlm

Found this X1 review online (complete with video and images) from someone (presumably in Boston).

»bwone.com/comcast-x1-box-an-in-depth-look/

aguiar0016

New Bedford, MA

nice find.

It defintely is from the Boston area the channel guide matches mine, It sounds like a Comcast Employee explaining it because he references as what "we" have done.

Russ

join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX
kudos:1

said by aguiar0016:

nice find.

It defintely is from the Boston area the channel guide matches mine, It sounds like a Comcast Employee explaining it because he references as what "we" have done.

I don't think he is a Comcast Employee. He says he likes to review high tech gadgets. Also, he is waiting to get his "review" X1 installed so a lot of the information is from Comcast and not from using the X1 box.
--
SA 8300 HD DVRs with Patched S25 Guide
Links:
'S25 Guide Blog' 'Schedule' 'Info' 'Patch Thread'

aguiar0016

New Bedford, MA

The one holding doing the recording is the person into reviews and such. The other guy I believe is a Comcast employee.

Anku247

join:2012-06-20
Downers Grove, IL

any word when Chicago will be able to try it out or at least the burbs?

Joe12345678

join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL

what about useing all tuners and multi room with this box as the main?

Where is X1 for non DRV boxes??

Also Chicago needs big ten ALTs in HD and CLTV HD. RCN has both.

Directv has all big TEN HD feeds and better guild then i guide with a MUCH better channel map.

JMody

join:2012-07-17
Lynn, MA
reply to Russ

It is definitely a Comcast employee and it's taking place inside a Comcast center or whatever. Look at the color on the walls. If you've been into a center recently, it's almost the exact same set up for the TV too.

Russ

Houston, TX
reply to The Q

said by The Q:

said by Russ:

What are the differences between On-Screen Guide 2.0 and the X1 Guide?

from what i can tell, on-screen guide 2.0 is for selected SA-Cisco areas and X1 is for selected motorola areas (X1 probably used to be called on screen guide 3.0).

some links to compare:

Guide 2.0 »info.xfinity.com/Portal/content/···ult.aspx

X1
»x1.comcast.net/webportal/

»blog.comcast.com/2012/05/watch-c···iew.html

On-Screen Guide 2.0 is NOT currently scheduled for the Motorola footprint (see »Re: New Guides for SA/Cisco Areas (Info from Ted Hodgins Blog) ). On-Screen Guide 2.0 is a way to introduce significant improvements and new features (including AnyRoom DVR) to the Cisco footprint (see »Re: New Guides for SA/Cisco Areas (Info from Ted Hodgins Blog) ).

Comcast is deploying the X1 guide (also known as On-Screen Guide 3.0) to select customers in Boston using the Pace box.

The newer Motorola DCX series of boxes in some markets are scheduled at some point in 2013 to get the new X1 guide .

Comcast continues to test and trial the new cloud-based X1 guide on the Cisco RNG cable boxes and the plan would be to deliver the X1 experience on the Cisco RNG 200N and the Cisco 150N cable boxes by the end of 2013.
--
Links:

kb1

join:2008-11-15
South Bend, IN
reply to chadb97

As stated above since we are in the Motorola area we should be getting the X1 guide. Too bad we still have to wait till sometime in 2013.

kb1

join:2008-11-15
South Bend, IN
reply to chadb97

said by chadb97:

I live in Northern Indiana and have 1 Motorola RNG200N and 2 Motorola RNG150N. I know eventually I'll be getting a new guide for these boxes, but I'm confused which of the new guides I might receive. There is Onscreen guide 2.0 and now this x1 guide. Is there any way of knowing what will get distributed to my boxes? (although this might not happen for a few years though)

As stated above since we are in the Motorola area we should be getting the X1 guide. Too bad we still have to wait till sometime in 2013.

NHHD99

join:2009-10-17
Hampton, NH
reply to gate1975mlm

So does anyone in the Greater Boston area actually have this now? Since Comcast stated it was available in the area about 2 months ago.

NHHD99

Hampton, NH

Had an online chat with a Comcast rep last night about this. She said that the new boxes, guides and remotes are available to new triple play customers in the Boston area but not any current customers, as of right now. Expected to be available to current customers "in the next couple months".

comcastito

@comcast.net
reply to NHHD99

I am a Comcast technician and have been actively installing the X1 DVRs for almost a month now. I work out of the North Reading warehouse, tho I work primarily in Wakefield, MA. I live in Dracut and was just authorized to upgrade my DVR to the X1. I just installed it about an hour and a half ago. I must admit, it's pretty cool! Haven't been able to mess with it much until now. Logging on to Facebook and pandora is super easy. Also, I downloaded the remote app for my iPhone. So far, everything that you can do with the remote, you can do with the app...plus more!

NHHD99

Hampton, NH

Are these X1 DVR's just for new customers of the Triple Play package or are they for anyone that calls up and wants one? The CSR I spoke with last week had no idea when they would be available for existing customers and we are just 50 miles or so from Wakefield, here in the NH Seacoast area. Seems like you get a different answer from whoever you happen to get when you call, no one seems to have a definitive answer.

cypherstream
Premium,MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
kudos:3
reply to gate1975mlm

Here's Steve Garfield's hands on review:
»storify.com/stevegarfield/comcas···rst-look

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:2

Nice find Cypher!

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
reply to gate1975mlm

All I want for christmas is the x1 cable box, or a new channel guide and more hd channels!!!

aguiar0016

New Bedford, MA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to gate1975mlm

I just had the X1 installed on 8-19-12. Install was painless, he was out of the house within 30 mins. I was swapped out a DCX 34XX for it. Overall the box is nice. Some of the new features like the sports app and the new guide work pretty good.

The way the 3 tuners work is that you still can only record 2 shows at one time, but now you can also watch another live show while the other 2 are recording or watch something previously recorded. I assume comcast is doing this so people don't get rid of 2nd or 3rd DVR's.

Couple of things I miss (or its too early to tell) is the option to search by just sports. Now everything is a universal search so trying to find what sports are on right now is a pain.

As of right now for the same price it's worth the change to the X1 DVR.

gate1975mlm
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA
kudos:8

4 edits

said by aguiar0016:

I just had the X1 installed on 8-19-12. Install was painless, he was out of the house within 30 mins. I was swapped out a DCX 34XX for it. Overall the box is nice. Some of the new features like the sports app and the new guide work pretty good.

The way the 3 tuners work is that you still can only record 2 shows at one time, but now you can also watch another live show while the other 2 are recording or watch something previously recorded. I assume comcast is doing this so people don't get rid of 2nd or 3rd DVR's.

Couple of things I miss (or its too early to tell) is the option to search by just sports. Now everything is a universal search so trying to find what sports are on right now is a pain.

Only 3 tuners thats kind of disappointing to hear

What was all the talk about the new box having like 6 tuners?

And the fact that it has 3 tuners and you can still only record 2 programs at the sametime instead of 3 really blows the big one!

In my opinion these new boxes should have at least 4 tuners and allow you to record 4 things at the sametime if we need to.

Who's bright idea at Comcast was this?

Also whats the Hard Drive size? Atleast 1TB hopefully?

And are these new guides on these boxes at least a lot less buggy then the crappy guildes we have been using for years now?

aguiar0016

New Bedford, MA

The box is capable of 6 tuners but Comcast activates only 3.

hard drive is 500GB .

Less buggy so far but I want to give it some time to see.

Russ

Houston, TX
reply to aguiar0016

said by aguiar0016:

The current dual tuners also allow you to watch a previously recorded show while recording 2 other shows. What is new is the ability to watch a live show while recording 2 other shows.

Was there a charge for getting the X1 box installed? If so, how much was it?
--
Links:

Joe12345678

join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL
reply to aguiar0016

said by aguiar0016:

r 2 are recording or watch something previously recorded. I assume comcast is doing this so people don't get rid of 2nd or 3rd DVR's.

said that you can't use more then 1 drv in multi room

They should let the X1 use all tuner and have be used in multi room.

Directv wins again.

aguiar0016

New Bedford, MA
reply to Russ

I didn't pay any install charge, not sure if that is the norm.

aguiar0016

New Bedford, MA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to gate1975mlm

Some other things I've noticed:

When the box is powered off there is not time display on it at all.

When you are recording there is also no Red light on the box indicating that you are recording.

No input button on the remote to change inputs on the TV.

Also no Power button for the box itself, only all on/off and TV power.