Premium
join:2003-05-26
USA/MidWest
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Comcast

[Help] PAID Blu Ray burning software?

What do folks know of, have used the *Shudder* old CyberLink suite and PowerDVD, uses far too much resources and I hear the latest releases are gymped with forced $$ updates. Have AnyDVD and also CloneDVD2. Seems a sparse item to find. A few burn and less compress -Together, Don't want two products if it's avoidable nor want DVDFab either. Anybody use Nero?

Perusing around lead down this path, in no particular order?

»www.starburnsoftware.com/product···features

»www.nch.com.au/burn/index.html

»www.sothinkmedia.com/bundle/movie-burner.htm

»www.aimersoft.com/how-to-burn/fr···ner.html -This looked great, but does not actually burn.

»www.nero.com/eng/slp-nero-burnin···10.R2972

»www.mp4converter.net/blu-ray-cre···win.html

Looking at reviews becomes tiresome, much, much easier with DVD's -Started with Shrink way back.

Prefer to use backups rather than the original media, like to keep those pristine as I can.

Ideas? Thanks in advance. Lil?

Cheers

techguy2012

join:2012-05-17
Mundelein, IL
What about ImgBurn ?

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
reply to Kiwi
said by Kiwi:

Prefer to use backups rather than the original media, like to keep those pristine as I can.

Most blu-rays come with digital copies now. want to try again?

Kiwi
Premium
USA/MidWest
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Comcast
Want to try what? Digital copies are available on those bought that way -Some, but more important they are not Blu Ray and I don't spend money on blu ray to watch DVD.

I have used Cyberlink OEM, however I want a paid program that does burn, compress and rip; most only do two of the three, then there are those that decrypt -Not looking for that feature. If more people in the States had respect for others property and their own, I would not have to do this; but with four early twenty kids bringing their friends in throwing disks around to each other and generally lacking a full quota of respect for others, I would be good. Something coming back from NZ a few weeks ago that I seriously miss, very, very clean and people are nice and compared to here, completely respectful of others.

Inflex

join:2002-09-05
reply to Kiwi
DVDFab

Kiwi
Premium
USA/MidWest
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Comcast
May come to that, thanks.
In the past I have whole sets stolen, it's far easier and less stressful to place copies out there for the rif raf and thieves.

Don't think I'll do the box sets [Band of Brothers/The Pacific, Resident Evil, Matrix, Jurassic Park, Life,Planet Earth, Human Planet, Rambo and small sets like Sparticus] just marked those "Don't touch."

There were a couple listed on this years software (forum) poll.

Cheers

Rojo_P

join:2001-10-03
Lancaster, OH
If you go in the DVDFAB direction be sure try the evaluation version first before purchase.
While most agree that FAB is great at decryption, "decrypt - compress - burn" is not entirely reliable with one program, despite what the authors and those with the latest hardware would lead you to believe.
Lot's of people using FAB for an "all in one" solution have reported fast-forward, reverse, pause and related problems with a duplicated disk. Many needed to go something like "BD Rebuilder" to compress and perhaps "ImgBurn" for burning, in order to get a properly working copy.
--
There's nothing big I want to prove,
No mountains that I need to move,
Or even claim what's right or true for you.

Kiwi
Premium
USA/MidWest
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Comcast
Thanks, after the time spent on this, it seems that's the only real way to go. I know somebody that has the issue you describe with FAB and the reason I was trying to avoid it.

I'm not in any hurry, so I'll probably dabble with 'ImBurn' and BD.

Cheers