Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
There is something like 4 1/2 weeks until we close.
I desperately need to find a job for the off season. I wasn't able to save money for the winter this year.
That said, over all. This has been a good year. Hotels have been at or near full much of the summer and restauants have been busy.

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:1
reply to Dominokat
Closed for the Season
See you in the Spring!

Screwed the sign on this morning with a wonderful hangover.
Stayed overnight and "cleaned out the fridge". Not a bad season numerically but just felt flat. Not very interesting.
No police, fire and the one ambulance was during the day whilst I peacefully slept.
I had a great tan through mid August but almost winter pale now. Fishing was meh.

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
I have 4... f-o-u-r DAYS LEFT! (But who's counting?)
We close for the season Saturday night. Then it is scrubbing and cleaning for a few days, then I am done for the season.

Over all, after all is said and done, business has been up. That is the conscious with just about all restaurants, and businesses that rely on tourism in Boothbay. The clincher is, that they are not spending a lot of money. But since there were "more tourists" then the last couple of years, businesses are happy.

Now, what am I planning to do?
Normally I don't do anything all winter. But this time, I am going to take a position as a cook at a hospital. I have to go through medical tests and things, and I will probably be starting near the end of this month, or early November.