uniqs
share rss forum feed

raypsi1

join:2001-04-09
Redford, MI
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..

The $50 plan for $45 walk this way

I signed up for the automatic pay out of my plastic card account every month when it's due and VirginMobile gives my account a $5 kickback, when that account hits $50 buck we will see if they give me a kickback for using my account balance.
and now they coming out wit 4G, the mifi2200 is only $99 from VirginMobile web site

I just seen my account page and now they gots for 4G:
5MB for $55 and
2MB for $35 options

whatsayu

@spcsdns.net

I see on mine as well

plans

$10 100MB
$20 1GB 1 month (if you bought device at Walmart)
$50 Unlimited to 2.5 GB 3G then lower 256kibs

new 4G Plans
$35
$55

I don't see any new 4G mifi on the site to buy ???
and I'm not buying one either because there really are now 4G signals around here and really only if your by a large city...

also it says below that if you switch from the $50 you can't go back? that's a bit miss leading as I don't have the 4G mifi and I used to be able to switch to the $20 plan and Back to the $50 so now I will have to call them up and complain if I'm going to loose my $20 Walmart 1 GB and the $50 option if I switch down to the $20 plan now?? So they expect to sell me a $55 plan with a 3G mifi device???

I have never really got 3G speeds at all for the 3 years I own this mifi 2200 so what is the point of even upgrading to a 4G device?

Yet Another switch bate maybe I will have to go with another company.

whatsayu

@spcsdns.net

It looks they are trying to get rid of the $50 unlimited 3G plans.

The $35 and $55 plans says unlimited 4G up to 5GB - what? that really make no sence. What happens after you hit 5GB? lol there is no referance to any fall back to 3G speeds in the terms...
assuming it falls back to 3G when there is no 4G around so in reality they are jacking the price up $5 while eliminating the $50 plan and the unlimited 3G access completely if you switch plans even if you only have a 3G mifi 2200 device.. piff

Really Sprint Broadband2go is this your plans?

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO
reply to whatsayu

said by whatsayu :

I don't see any new 4G mifi on the site to buy ???
and I'm not buying one either because there really are now 4G signals around here and really only if your by a large city...

It goes on sale May 31, 2012 and it uses the wimax network for the 4g.

So they expect to sell me a $55 plan with a 3G mifi device???

Yup this is how they do things when they changes plans, as long as you never switch plans or let your account elapse (365 days after last plan) you can keep the old plan. I am still using the $40/unlimited (that later became the $40/5-gig-then-throttle) on my personal mifi.

I have never really got 3G speeds at all for the 3 years I own this mifi 2200 so what is the point of even upgrading to a 4G device?

If your not in an area with wimax coverage there is no real reason to do it service wise... I suppose there might be more features on the new wifi hotspot device. It appears it will be the Sierra Wireless Overdrive Pro.

Yet Another switch bate maybe I will have to go with another company.

If they forced you off the old plan it would be bait n switch... since they allow you to keep using it it's not

dib22

Kansas City, MO
reply to whatsayu

said by whatsayu :

The $35 and $55 plans says unlimited 4G up to 5GB - what? that really make no sence. What happens after you hit 5GB? lol there is no referance to any fall back to 3G speeds in the terms...
assuming it falls back to 3G when there is no 4G around so in reality they are jacking the price up $5 while eliminating the $50 plan and the unlimited 3G access completely if you switch plans even if you only have a 3G mifi 2200 device.. piff

At 5GB you get throttled to 256k up and 256k down... just like now... at least on the 3G side... their verbiage is very odd about the wimax so until they update the real terms of service who can say. Some reports say the wimax won't throttle, some reports say it will.

Really Sprint Broadband2go is this your plans?

Nope it is their VirginMobile broadband2go plans. Sprint plans are different and require a 2 year contract.

You might check tmobiles coverage for prepaid data devices... they have really upgraded their network lately and they also offer a prepaid 5GB then throttle plan for $50.

whatsayu

@spcsdns.net

The fact that I have the $10 $20 and $50 plans for 3G should not have any effect on a 3G mifi only device.

They are using this "if you change plans" as a trigger to elliminate yes the $40 plan that they took from me and now the $50 plan if I choose to use any other plan I already had access to so they can charge another $5 for 4G that will not work on my 3G mifi.
This is a form of bait and switch with a gotcha.

I should be able to use the $20 plan and the $50 plan at my will for the 3G mifi with out loosing any plans as they are the ones advertised when the devise was bought. Actually the $40 should be returned to me.

Their verbiage is always deceptive.

These new 4G plans $35 and $55 should not even be available in my account as they know what device I have registered and they should not appear untile I decide to upgrade to a newer devise.

They should send me and every other 3G mifi 2200 owner a free 4G mifi if they want to pull this BS. Then I would be satisfied to be charged the $55 4G plans.

dib22

Kansas City, MO

said by whatsayu :

They should send me and every other 3G mifi 2200 owner a free 4G mifi if they want to pull this BS. Then I would be satisfied to be charged the $55 4G plans.

Vote with your wallet!

raypsi1

join:2001-04-09
Redford, MI
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..

The 4g area

i don't suspect 4g coming here soon they have it in Grand Rapids but not in Motown, maybe if I put the hotspot up a 50 ft tower in front of a 3 foot dish I might get it to reach Grand Rapids. I'm not going to spend $299 on a 4g mifi to find out.

Now only 3g plan is the $50