how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

raypsi1

join:2001-04-09
Redford, MI

GPS on mifi 2200 or not?

Trying to set up port forwarding, by enabling dmz, only available if you edit the config file.

I seen a GPS enable setting, anybody know how that works thru the mifi or just a virgin mobile thing?

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

said by raypsi1:

Trying to set up port forwarding, by enabling dmz, only available if you edit the config file.

I seen a GPS enable setting, anybody know how that works thru the mifi or just a virgin mobile thing?

GPS hardware isn't included on the VirginMobile branded mifi 2200.

raypsi1

join:2001-04-09
Redford, MI
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..

1 edit

on a mifi 2200 I found these specs:
MiFi® 2200 Information
Dimensions
Length: 59 mm (2.32")
Width: 89 mm (3.5")
Depth: 9 mm (0.35")

Weight: 59g (2.08 oz)

Battery
• Removable Li-ion battery

Antennas • Integrated diversity antenna
• Integrated WiFi antenna
• Integrated GPS antenna

I guess this was for Sprint network, they have a menu for GPS, upon further smurfing

whatsayu

@spcsdns.net

you have to login and downlaod your config (be sure to back up a copy)... save it and rename it to config.xml (remove .savefile at end of it)

change the 0 to 1 to enable it.
save it then upload it back to mifi in back control pannel of mifi.

GPS
GpsEnable 1 /GpsEnable
GpsEngine 1 /GpsEngine
GpsUpdateInterval 3000 /GpsUpdateInterval
GPS

What does it do? it will make maps find you and works well with my location when using my ipod touch at least it seems to find my location ( not sure if this is just a triangleation from cell towers or if it is actually using GPS satilites) - I think it is if your outside or in your car like a regular GPS needs to be in view of satilights...

there is a security risk they say someone could get your access wifi code if they are withing 100 feet. just google it you wil see all about why they disabled the GPS... I have it enabled on mine because I'm not scared of anything... lol

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO
reply to raypsi1

said by raypsi1:

I guess this was for Sprint network, they have a menu for GPS, upon further smurfing

Yes the sprint branded one has the GPS installed... I think they removed it from the VM line to make it lower cost. Some VM branded mifis might have the GPS on the on the board, but not activated... but the majority of them do not... it's a customer option (virgin mobile being the customer).