uniqs
share rss forum feed

nagetech
Nagetech

join:2001-09-27
Keyport, NJ
kudos:33

[Rant] New Western Digital Support Site

I have always loved how simple it was to RMA a drive with WD. I've used the online system plenty of times in the past with no issue what so ever.

Now, they changed over to some new system that requires you to create a user account and such, no biggie right? I try to sign up, and when it comes time to pick my state, guess what..... NOT THERE!!!

NJ is completely missing! I call up tech support and speak to peggy..... who just runs in circles with me. He couldn't seem to grasp the concept that I wanted to RMA online but couldn't because the state I live in is just NOT an option.

Why did they mess up a perfectly good online system

Bamafan2277

join:2008-09-20
Jeffersonville, IN

The person who did the coding for the site probably lives in NY and left NJ out on purpose.

Hopefully they resolve the oversight soon.

Boricua
Premium
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto
reply to nagetech

Welcome back, nagetech See Profile.

nagetech
Nagetech

join:2001-09-27
Keyport, NJ
kudos:33

Howdy!

Long time no talk

Pissed

@cox.net
reply to nagetech

I've been using the WD support site to get RMAs for the last 10 years. So simple...until now. A couple of weeks ago I received an e-mail stating that WD was re-classifing us a a Business because of our volume. Funny?...I always submitted RMAs as a business. We buy/sell/use over 3oo HDDs a month. Now when I try to get an RMA, I have to set a new password and the non-existent state. You call WD and sit through 10 minutes of BS before you get put on hold...then no one picks up. WD should have left the website alone.