El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron to Ott_Cable

Premium Member

to Ott_Cable

Re: HUAWEI in Canada. And right beside (900ft!) the USA border.

said by Ott_Cable :

I am just pointing out that the opportunities are there and not necessarily the motives. My scenario is what I can come up within minutes of reading your initial post.

That was some serious anon-lag, I been waiting to read your post for hours now.

More on this later, I have a bit of work to catch up on.

Ott_Cable
@teksavvy.com

Ott_Cable

Anon

BTW this is an interesting article. Whoever done is very smart in bouncing that data to a 3rd party phone (could be a burner) on the network in real time. The equipment is made by Ericsson and time frame is 2004.

»spectrum.ieee.org/teleco ··· affair/0
"COVER - The Athens Affair - How some extremely smart hackers pulled off the most audacious cell-network break-in ever"

>To diagnose the failures, which seemed highly unusual but reasonably innocuous at the time, Vodafone contacted the maker of the switches, the Swedish telecommunications equipment manufacturer Ericsson.

>We now know that the illegally implanted software, which was eventually found in a total of four of Vodafone's Greek switches, created parallel streams of digitized voice for the tapped phone calls. One stream was the ordinary one, between the two calling parties. The other stream, an exact copy, was directed to other cellphones, allowing the tappers to listen in on the conversations on the cellphones, and probably also to record them.