uniqs

zacron
Premium Member
join:2008-11-26
Frozen Hoth

zacron

Premium Member

WTF MATE!!!???!!! RE: Canada Post/Postes Canada

I have sent out over 23 Packages in a 30 day period and none of them made it to destination, then out of the blue, I get a wonderful notice of delivery. Magically, it was all 23 packages in one giant sized clear "sorry, we couldn't make these happen... no refund, eff you you're the idiot, not us"... it took all of me to not reach over the counter and spill the mailchimp's coffee all over them... ARGHHHHHHHH!!! Seriously! I demand restitution.

According, because I made them size and weigh them and I even over paid postage so Canada Post can S.... Ah, never mind.

Z

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

What did your 23 tracking numbers say?

FaxCap
join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC

FaxCap to zacron

to zacron
Yeah I got a bitch about Canada Post also. We have a communal
post box. One cubbyhole for each house. The woman who has been
delivering our mail this last 4-5 months can't get the letters in the
correct boxes. Lots of missing mail.

When you talk to CP all they do is defend their letter carrier. WTF, it
isn't US who are mixing up the mail!!! We only found out when one
person got a friends mail in her post box and was able to deliver it to
her. Trouble is when mail is put in the wrong box people have been
circling the house number and putting it into the outgoing mail slot.
She doesn't even look at it. She just grabs it and trows it in a bag.

FaxCap

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

said by FaxCap:

FaxCap

Meh, I get my neighbours mail all the time, and it's door to door delivery here (area built in 1960). I just walk down, burn a few calories..good way to get to know everyone.

Just odd, because their sometimes off by over 100. (as in 450 instead of 590).

My ex works at the post office, occasionally I helped her sort the mail at her cubicles into the slots then pull it for the route, I can't understand how you could screw it up. You sort it, pull so much mail out of the slot, elastic band it, then onto the next grouping of mail, etc.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26 to zacron

Premium Member

to zacron
Well they never say parcel deliveries are time sensitive. They only say it should arrive on X date. And even then they won't take responsibility if it doesn't reach the recipient.

urbanriot
Premium Member
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

said by BACONATOR26:

Well they never say parcel deliveries are time sensitive. They only say it should arrive on X date. And even then they won't take responsibility if it doesn't reach the recipient.

We utilize Canada Post with a VentureOne card that practically anyone can get and our parcels always arrive earlier than we're told it'll take. We do about 5 - 7 items a day and we haven't had an issue in about 7 years with the exception of a company claiming they didn't receive our package despite the tracking number clearly showing its delivery. I received an insurance payout for that which I was quite happy with.

zacron
Premium Member
Frozen Hoth

zacron

Premium Member

Just got an email from CP, going to have alambaste with the local carrier tomorrow, Beer in Cooler and Sun Shades. She isn't going to get away with this.

I am beyond livid, I'm sorry, they are always on time with my mail but since there strike, it's been so sporadic an old guy with a shriveld peice can make more than the bloody postal system.

Screw you harper! Screw you!

BonezX
Basement Dweller
Premium Member
join:2004-04-13
Canada

BonezX

Premium Member

said by zacron:

you mean screw you fat lazy assholes that wouldn't be hired anywhere else in Canada for a management position because of how horrible of a job you do, but somehow still manage to get a bonus as the end of the year.

if the staff are horrible, more often then not it starts at the top and the attitude travels down.
26206549 (banned)
join:2012-05-21

26206549 (banned) to zacron

to zacron
said by zacron:

Just got an email from CP, going to have alambaste with the local carrier tomorrow, Beer in Cooler and Sun Shades. She isn't going to get away with this.

I am beyond livid, I'm sorry, they are always on time with my mail but since there strike, it's been so sporadic an old guy with a shriveld peice can make more than the bloody postal system.

You have some anger issue you should go seek help for.

zacron
Premium Member
Frozen Hoth

zacron

Premium Member

In all honesty, it will amount to me having a peacful discussion with my carrier to aquire the postmaster's telephone number.

I will escalate from there within cp.

All I want is a written I'm sorry letter.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav

Premium Member

said by zacron:

In all honesty, it will amount to me having a peacful discussion with my carrier to aquire the postmaster's telephone number.

Why you havent fessed up as to why the 23 packages were rejected. What did you do wrong.

urbanriot
Premium Member
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

... or what the tracking numbers say.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium Member
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON

Teddy Boom to zacron

Premium Member

to zacron
Check out eshipper.com, they aggregate rates from UPS and FedEx, and they have corporate discounts at both companies. You can ship a modem sized package around Ontario/Quebec for under $8, sometimes as little as $5.50. Larger stuff is an even better deal, 40lbs Toronto to Hamilton for something like $20.

zacron
Premium Member
Frozen Hoth

zacron to urbanriot

Premium Member

to urbanriot
I had the menial worker at the post office check each and every one of them for errors, as well as weight, price paid and the location of the addresses, etc.

She personally declared them all A.O.K.

I, in this case sadly didn't do anything incorrectly.

So CP is SOL! Burn Harper, Burn Baby, Burn!
26206549 (banned)
join:2012-05-21

26206549 (banned) to zacron

to zacron
said by zacron:

AIn't gonna happen.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to zacron

Premium Member

to zacron
Don't go postal, look what I googled for you.

»www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc ··· OCALE=en

What you should know about making a complaint
You must contact Canada Post Customer Service first to report your complaint.

A Customer Service agent will attempt to resolve your complaint and provide you with a file number referencing your complaint.

If you are not satisfied with the solutions proposed by Canada Post, you may appeal to the Ombudsman.

For your complaint to be assessed by the Ombudsman, you must have a Canada Post file number referencing your complaint.

Call up customer service and deal with them, get the number and when/if they treat you with utter indifference move on to the Ombudsman and your local MP.
decx
Premium Member
join:2002-06-07
Vancouver, BC

decx to Anav

Premium Member

to Anav
said by Anav:

said by zacron:

Why you havent fessed up as to why the 23 packages were rejected. What did you do wrong.

I was wondering about that too. If Canada Post is going to refuse to delivery 23 packages they must have given the sender some reason.

zacron
Premium Member
Frozen Hoth

zacron to Thane_Bitter

Premium Member

to Thane_Bitter
I find that postal reference rather detrimental to our online relationship. I also reject that you would think that because I am using stronly worded, mal-formed sentences that I am going to go "postal". In the future, I would hope that one would read more into why someone is upset before firing off your chops.

On a more positive note, thank you for the policy direction, I shall call in tomorrow and see what they are willing to do.

Personally, I hold no creedence in them anymore, nor do I even trust them to deliver my 2$/mth bill on time... Maybe Bhell wasn't lying to me :?... This changes everything.

Anyway, if I've come across as arrogant, please forgive it. I am just very upset because so are my clients as well. It made me look incredibly foolish and that is something I take personally regardless if it's my suppliers fault, it's still ultimately my responsibility to make sure things are done... When they say they are going to happen... Unlike the nameless company

Unfortunately, I must now finish my tirade on the interwebs. I shall probably post a picture to the forum of it... if I can figure out how to get an ipicture on the forum :???

If not, I will at least be sure to post the letters/tracking #'s (provided they don't include people's personal info) and will keep the whole team abreast of the current lifecycle of this hainus crime committed by our national mail service.

Thank you, Good-night and Good-luck,

Cheers,

The friendly 'postal' man :P

kingb71
join:2000-10-09
Mississauga, ON

kingb71 to zacron

to zacron
said by zacron:

going to have alambaste with the local carrier tomorrow...

Do you mean a clam bake?

zacron
Premium Member
Frozen Hoth

zacron

Premium Member

said by kingb71:

said by zacron:

going to have alambaste with the local carrier tomorrow...

Do you mean a clam bake?

Holy cow, didn't notice that typo. It was supposed to be
"A Lamb-baste" with the person... meaning get reasonably rigid and deal with it.

Z

kingb71
Mississauga, ON

kingb71

Or you want to "Lambaste" them, i.e. chew them out fiercely

zacron
Premium Member
Frozen Hoth

zacron

Premium Member

Yes, that is the true meaning of the root phrase I was making a play on... My spelling is a way of saying withoutmuch anger.

kingb71
Mississauga, ON

kingb71

Oh, ok, yet you're very angry, no?
Good luck, this seems to happen too often of late, let us know how it goes
mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

1 recommendation

mr weather to zacron

Premium Member

to zacron

zacron
Premium Member
Frozen Hoth

zacron

Premium Member

Holy poop! I hope no Canada Post employees were harmed by the states driver :P hehe.

Seriously, hope it all worked out ok for them. :s

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to zacron

Premium Member

to zacron
I mean there is not point ruining a perfectly good evening because they made you cross. You come across as yet another hapless victim of the postal system, nothing more; I think it’s fair to say many of the regulars here have been underserved/under serviced or just generally screwed over by them, I know I have.

Word of warning, based on my own experiences, you will likely find that the Canada Post CSR and their investigations are rather lethargic pace perhaps even glacial, however before you get that far you must navigate through their automated telephone attendant system which offers only the most useless options.

Honestly if you have the capability, record your conversation because what they say varies considerably with what actions they take. This is useful when you file your complaint (of the complaint) with the ombudsman and document everything.

Good luck, I wish the process was less slow and tedious.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav to zacron

Premium Member

to zacron
I have no response for your post simply because from what I have read thus far, (and I apologize if I missed it) you have not stated why the packages were not delivered. Without cause and effect, etc etc, there is no discussion. Of course you have a bunch of lamenting jump on the bandwagon whoa is me whiners, so at least your getting some sympathy.

lugnut
@look.ca

lugnut to FaxCap

Anon

to FaxCap
said by FaxCap:

FaxCap

I'd suggest having a block meeting with your neighbours to deal with the situation and possibly circulating a petition to get CP's attention. The next logical step of escalation would be sending off an email to the media if necessary.

Zacxron
@bell.ca

Zacxron to Anav

Anon

to Anav
Its on the 1st page of the thread... That being said I submitted an online request.

To reiterate, it was not at all my fault as I had the peon at the register weigh,etc the packages and diagnose If it was my fault or not. It was determined to not be. If it had of been there would t be this post. Lol

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS

said by Zacxron :

Its on the 1st page of the thread... That being said I submitted an online request.

To reiterate, it was not at all my fault as I had the peon at the register weigh,etc the packages and diagnose If it was my fault or not. It was determined to not be. If it had of been there would t be this post. Lol

As said above, call the customer service number and file a complaint. I have received full refunds from CP by doing that. Save all documentation from CP.

We recently received a call from CP asking if we had received a parcel from a publisher out west. CP had the name right but the address wrong (You have to have East or West, Avenue or Street correct in this city or it won't be delivered). It was SW instead of West. I called the publisher about CP's call and they told me that every parcel they had mailed out on a particular day in March was not delivered east of the Manitoba border. CP was investigating. I confirmed that the publisher had my correct address (they did) and heard nothing more. But a correctly addressed parcel arrived last week.