spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

AndyFactor

join:2011-05-24

[Word] MS Office 2007 Activation

Does anyone know if Microsoft charges money for the phone activation? I am aware that they do charge for certain over-the-phone help services. I recently replace an old computer (with Office 2007 on it), and tried to install it on the new one. The problem being that it was already installed 3 times, and I get an activation error. Hence my reason for calling.

Thanks.

Yukon
Have a Shot and Relax
Premium
join:2002-06-18
Street, MD

I've called a couple of times over the past year and it was free to activate. They just want to know why.

Mike
--
VOL 1.5/384, KIS 2012, Win7 x64

craig70130
Premium
join:2004-04-27
New Orleans, LA
reply to AndyFactor

No charge. The phone system will just ask you how many machines it's installed on and as long as it likes your answer, it will give you the unlock code. It's only in very rare cases does the system send you to a live person these days and even if it does, there is no charge.

2kmaro
Think
Premium,ExMod 1 BC
join:2000-07-11
ColossalCave
kudos:1
reply to AndyFactor

Just be sure that you are at the point in the process that you need to enter the activation code when you call. They give you one number based on another number, and the first one changes if you start the installation process again, so just writing it down and using it later doesn't work. At least that's the way it's been up to 2007 - haven't had to do a phone activation with 2007 or 2010 (yet).
--
...then THINK! again.

mastsethi

join:2012-05-26
reply to AndyFactor

Of course it is free. Actually, due to piracy, they have to verify the users so they might ask a question or two.