All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

HaloFans
join:2006-12-18

HaloFans to pandora

to pandora

Re: Hope and fail?

Since when did the Republicans care about people's rights?

It's so obvious they don't especially for the middle class and minorities.
pandora
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Outland

2 edits

pandora

Premium Member

said by HaloFans:

Since when did the Republicans care about people's rights?

The Republican party was founded to free blacks from the slavery of Democrats. The first elected woman to Congress was a Republican who voted in the House before she could vote to put herself in, Republican states gave women the right to vote before the federal government did. So since the beginning Republicans have been concerned about people's rights.

Jim Crow, slavery, separate but equal, blacks only, and what not, all Democrats. A Democrat Governor (Wallace) tried to stop school integration, and was stopped by a Republican President (Eisenhower). You should learn a bit about history.
Expand your moderator at work
kerya666
join:2002-12-20
Valrico, FL

kerya666 to pandora

to pandora

Re: Hope and fail?

What you pointed out is what republican were. There is almost no connection between them in this day and age. Both dems and reps now run a fusion policy where they will take up a stance if it benefits them and that is all. Basically they are both fakes and liars if it is needed to win some seats or election.

I absolutely cannot agree with any one party on majority of their "stances". I really wish there were more pro-people independent candidates. I rather vote for Mickey Mouse than any of the current clowns in the running.

Oh and to FCC boss: "Kill him with fireee!"
pandora
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Outland

pandora

Premium Member

said by kerya666:

What you pointed out is what republican were. There is almost no connection between them in this day and age. Both dems and reps now run a fusion policy where they will take up a stance if it benefits them and that is all. Basically they are both fakes and liars if it is needed to win some seats or election.

Some of what you say is true, some not. Both parties have problems with being purchased by constituencies. At the same time, Democrats still like racial discrimination, today it's called reverse discrimination. Republicans for the most part would prefer not to have racial preference. Personally, my preference would be to have those who have been disadvantaged culturally and economically get extra help.

Elizabeth Warren is an example of whats wrong, claiming to be an American Indian. Similarly Barry Obama may have claimed to be Kenyan, which could have opened the doors to Harvard Law School for him.

Elizabeth and Barry weren't exactly disadvantaged as a kid growing up in an inner city with great poverty at a failed public school. I'd prefer for kids who go through that to get help, regardless or race.

As to the FCC, I think candidate Obama promised an end to the revolving door, but it seems the door revolves faster now, at least at the FCC.

We can't let regulators know they will get cushy jobs with the regulated if they behave appropriately (for the regulated). Neither party has been particularly good at clearing this up, but it seems the current administration is very very bad at it.