uniqs
Tehuno
join:2005-01-18
Bartlesville, OK

Tehuno to puppy

to puppy

Re: [D3] Barbarian Thread - Diablo 3

said by puppy:

BTW from reading everyone's posts it seems like most people are dual wielding or sword/board. I can understand maybe that has to be done in inferno.

I'm in NM now, and I tried using a 2 hander, but it seems a lot slower, and the lost of stats/sockets doesn't seem to be worth it. Is using a 2 hander not viable?

Also I am using weapon master passive, which of the buff is the best? I am assuming 15% overall damage, but any other thoughts?

2 handers are just too slow IMO, and they dont have a massive damage boost over a 1h. Not worth it.

I prefer 10% crit over 15% damage, but thats just because my gear is aimed at crit chance/damage.

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler to Tehuno

Premium Member

to Tehuno
Sall good. My only issue is the green puke piles and floor fires in act 3. Those things hurt like a bitch.
Tehuno
Bartlesville, OK

Tehuno

yet to get that far. Went into act 2 with a buddy and got my ass handed to me quite a bit. the elites have so much HP, cant just pop WoTB and smash them in 10 seconds, so im having more issues now. Guess i need more DPS.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Thaler

to Thaler
said by Thaler:

Try asking McBrain about last night's lazer light disco green crap pile frenzy. Dual packs just hanging out back to back, and then sometimes running into a third elite pack.

Yeah, the first fight was ridiculous. 3 elite wasps that were waller/plagued/mortar and 3 elite Lacuni that were waller/plagued/fire chains, plus the gold mob and his minions that were shielding/arcane enchanted/some other bullshit. There was like 10-12 elites on the screen all puking green pools like they were Linda Blair.

The second one with the 3 Leapers + 3 Wasps was easier. And the third one that was 6 more was the easiest...Health Link always makes them easier though.
Jodokast
join:2012-05-10

Jodokast

I am stuck on my DH for Inferno, cant even get past act 2, tried solo, groups, just cant seem to do it. I cant afford the cost of the good gear and refuse to actually pay\buy gear.. You guys seem prety well geared, would there be any chance to have you guys\gals carry me ? I will do my best dps but i know im not close to your gear\level

Thaler
Premium Member
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler

Premium Member

Always happy to have company. You may still eat an assplosion or two - tanking's kinda rough in D3. I have some abilities to grab attention, but if they're on cooldown, I'm kinda SOL in saving others.
Jodokast

Jodokast

Thanks I will send you both a friend invite, think my real ID is Jodokast with some #'s

RavonTUS
join:2003-10-15
Lafayette, IN

1 edit

RavonTUS to primeomega

to primeomega
Click for full size
Greetings,

I feel kinda weak and puny now that I've seen some of you and I thought I was handling myself pretty well. I just hit lvl 50 on Act 3 and still having fun.

Oh, I'm still using two first weapons, no shield. Come on guys a shield, really? Tough it up!

-Ravon

AGH, posted to wrong thread, I am weak and punny...lol.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Thaler

to Thaler
I've been stubborn until now, but have finally learned that sometimes the best defense is running.

Of course sometimes it leads to more unwanted elites, but often it leads to squishy white mobs to beat on for free health.

Thaler
Premium Member
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler to Jodokast

Premium Member

to Jodokast
Got your invite Jodo, but damn, got my DH to 60 last night & holy crap do things get easier solo, lol. Dropped 3 million gold in upgrades (sounds like a lot, but isn't much) from my leveling gear and was pumping out 40k+ DPS already. Going through Act 1 Inferno was a breeze, and Act 2's not too much different.

Feel like I'm playing pest control with a shotgun. God damn overkill when I land a 180k crit on something's head.

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy to RavonTUS

to RavonTUS
level 50 and 488 dps? How are you progressing!?!
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar

Yeah that's pathetic DPS at that level..... search AH for level 50 one handers with high dps and a socket, they shouldn't be that expensive...

I put my 450 dps one hander with 14 levels reduce requirement and a socket for 200K, still no bites.. this weapon should carry you all the way to 60..

I have another one of those but with intellect on my WD, that one is 12 levels reduced requirement with 440 dps.
Jodokast

Jodokast to Thaler

to Thaler
Thanks Thaler, I seen you on my friends list now. wow you got some amazing dps! just dont got the gold to get the gear you have. Did a group last night in act1 inferno and the tank just rocked everything, so had lots of fun and i only died a few times from vortex mobs, i get one shot if hit lol
vasta
join:2003-04-07
Orlando, FL

1 edit

vasta

Is it not possible to do Act 3 with between 930 and 1100 resists, 10K armor, 16.5K damage and 33K health (bit low I think, working on it) using the cookie cutter spec?, I can live forever when fighting white mobs obviously but as soon as a champ packs comes about I die about 5 seconds after I pop wrath/earthquake. I melt if I stand in desecration for no more than half a second (I can't get out of it any faster)

I don't have any LoH since I don't have 100 million gold to spend on a decent weapon

Edit, seems I'm not the only one getting totally destroyed by various ground effects since the patch
»www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/ ··· fecting/
Tehuno
Bartlesville, OK

Tehuno

thats pretty low damage man. When i was at 16k dps in act 1, I was struggling. Im assuming thats sword and board.

If you can up your damage, you can go with a lifesteal weapon instead of LoH, and save a ton of money. Need probably 30k+ damage to make it viable though.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar

I have the LoH weapon but everything else is crap, like 300 resist, 72% dmg reduction and almost no MF, 20K dps, I can do Act 1 just fine, but first set of bees on act 2 nail me..
Jodokast

Jodokast to Thaler

to Thaler
Thank you Thaler for the run last night! i had a blast and you rock!

Started with 18k gold, ended with a lil over 900k
and i got three upgrades

Your barbarian just kicks butt!

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

I haven't logged on since Monday night, but you can friend request me as well if you haven't already. I run with Thaler quite often and we always have a good time. His playstyle differs from mine a bit and he has a little better gear than me, but him tanking and me smashing face usually has pretty good synergy.

My battletag is in my sig.
Jodokast

Jodokast

I did send you a friend request, it may have timed out. I will do it again when i get home tonight, thanks McBrain

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Tehuno

to Tehuno
I went full on DPS with Lifesteal about a week and a half ago, just to give it a shot. Had 11.6% Lifesteal (12% is max), and was getting over 90k damage with WotB up. I dropped back to Act IV Hell to give it a shot, and thank God I did. I would have gotten absolutely wrecked in Inferno.

In order to get the high damage numbers you will need to make Lifesteal more viable, you'll have to have an insane amount of resistances and armor to survive, since you'll have to take a ton of offensive abilities/passives to get the raw damage you'll need to make Lifesteal's throughput worth it.

I think I had around 27k health and something like 150 resists, I had to take the Invigorate rune with Warcry since my HP was so low.

At first I was under the impression that the gear would be cheaper to obtain than LoH stuff, then I realized that shit with high armor, high resist all, high crit chance, and high crit damage was crazy high too. It's definitely a possible playstyle, and if I had 100 million gold I would play it tonight.

Dual Wield whirlwind crit spec with +50% crit chance, +350% crit damage, 1k Resist All Elements, 6.5k+ Armor, and 12% Lifesteal would Really Annihilate People Easily.
Tehuno
Bartlesville, OK

Tehuno

Im at 32% crit, 360% crit damage, 5.1% lifesteal, 36k hp, 650-840 resists, 5500 armor, and about 34k damage now. With frenzied shrine and wotb up i hit 102k damage lol.

absolutely smashing act 1 now, can do an imprisoned angel run in about 25 minutes and net 100k gold or so.

Suggesting the crit build saved my life, thanks again man =)

Thaler
Premium Member
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
said by McBrain:

His playstyle differs from mine a bit and he has a little better gear than me, but him tanking and me smashing face usually has pretty good synergy.

Hey, maybe I like drinking the lazer disco green floor energy drank!

One hidden advantage of the tank build though - works well under crappy connections. My DH is unplayable when I have piddle time at Panera Bread...but going on the barb, walking thru all the mobs, and just pounding an elite's face in works pretty good.

baineschile
2600 ways to live
Premium Member
join:2008-05-10
Sterling Heights, MI

baineschile

Premium Member

I started saving a ton of crit gear (both damage and chance) to try and create a critical class, but it just didnt work for me. If anyone wants to come see it, you can have the gear if its your things.

baineschile#1579

Thaler
Premium Member
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler to Jodokast

Premium Member

to Jodokast
Oh Jodo, here's that DH on a budget build guide I was talking about. Kinda video heavy, but it works pretty good.

»us.battle.net/d3/en/foru ··· 9?page=1

Also, I picked up a 1100 DPS 2H Xbow w/ socket on the AH. Pretty sure they didn't mean to list it for 200k though.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain to baineschile

to baineschile
I'll take a look at it!

You remember your stats roughly with it on?

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy to Tehuno

to Tehuno
said by Tehuno:

Im at 32% crit, 360% crit damage, 5.1% lifesteal, 36k hp, 650-840 resists, 5500 armor, and about 34k damage now. With frenzied shrine and wotb up i hit 102k damage lol.

absolutely smashing act 1 now, can do an imprisoned angel run in about 25 minutes and net 100k gold or so.

Suggesting the crit build saved my life, thanks again man =)

I read your post and upgraded my barb to be crit based as well, and now I'm running around at level 48 with about 3400 ragdoll dps. Mob body parts everywhere!

Since I'm only in NM, I went more extreme and used the runes for Revenge and Overpower that adds crit% for X seconds each. Whee!! I also use Cleave with the exploding body rune, sometimes one swing and all of a sudden the battlefield is clear ^_^

So a transitive thanks to whomever suggested the crit build to Tehuno, haha.
Tehuno
Bartlesville, OK

Tehuno

wish i could still use the explosion rune on cleave, but the one that makes it 156% weapon damage scales so well once you hit high levels of damage. Seeing 90k cleave crits all the time is just sick.
Jodokast

Jodokast to Thaler

to Thaler
I will take a look at it when i get home, cant get to that website from work, thanks!

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain to puppy

to puppy
said by puppy:

Since I'm only in NM, I went more extreme and used the runes for Revenge and Overpower that adds crit% for X seconds each....So a transitive thanks to whomever suggested the crit build to Tehuno, haha.

'Twas me. No problem guys. I appreciate the aknowledgement.

And as for the build, I ran with crit runes on Revenge and Overpower all the way through Act I Inferno. When I started farming Act I and progress into Act II, I decided that I would swap out Overpower for WotB and Best Served Cold with Provocation. The extra burst from WotB definitely outweighs the sustained DPS from the crit runes. I could probably still run with BSC on Revenge, but I'm really starting to hate dieing and Provocation is pretty damn good at prolonging that.

It's pretty cool to see those fat numbers in your paper doll, aye Tehuno? As I'm getting more and more gear, I am getting away from the dependance on LoH...I'm running with about 400 right now. I am seeing a good amount of really well geared DPS Barbs running with almost no LoH, relying more on Revenge, health globes, and massive damage to retain their health. Obviously this comes with great gear, but I'm really becoming convinced that LoH is a lot more overrated than we thought at first.

When I log on tonight I think I am going to change my build around a little to better suit my gear and how I want to play. I've been a little timid about changing things too much from my current build because it is so comfortable to me, even though I think I could get better results by learning something slightly different.

The goal for me with what I am going to try is to be above 60% crit and 400% crit damage with combat procs, 500-700 resists, 6k armor, and ~65k damage.

I'll have to more or less reset my progress in order to learn the build, but the curve shouldn't be too steep.

I don't know the specifics of the build yet, but it will be centered around Whirlwind.
Tehuno
Bartlesville, OK

Tehuno

Yeah seeing fat numbers is awesome lol. even better to see inferno elites get 3 shot with WotB up. seeing the 249k revenge pop up on my screen was pretty sick too lol.

I was honestly surprised at how much crit actually helped my dps, and how reasonably some of the startup pieces were.

Now im trying to figure out of i want to go higher crit % or crit damage, as 1 ring is the only piece of gear I can have that dosent crit on it currently. Im thinking crit % will give me the biggest boost with my crit damage already approaching 400.

wish there was a way to compare items from the AH like you can do when they are on the ground or in you inventory that tells you the damage loss/gain.

I still think LoH is better, but its just not cost effective in comparison to life steal.

i picked up a 700 dps weapon with 3% life steal, 140 strength and a socket on it for 55k.
I sold a 800 dps weapon with 700 LoH, no socket and no other stats for 4 million.

Im gonna use that money to buy 2 life steal, crit damage, strength and a socket weapons, and probably still have enough left over to buy a ring too.