Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI
reply to stvnbrs

Re: [D3] Barbarian Thread - Diablo 3

30% revenge means if you are surrounded you can spam it.

the fury regen I haven't found a good use for yet. It gets beat out offensivly by beserker, ruthless, and weapon master.

It would allow you to wrath and call of the ancients at the beggining of a fight, but with any mobs leading up to it I have a full rage bar anyway.

Might be interesting if you are utilizing a rage dump.
--
Call it evil that men do, lord forgive me for what my pen do
This is for your sins, I cleanse you. You can repent but I warn you, if you continue. To hell I’ll send you.

Tehuno

join:2005-01-18
Bartlesville, OK
kudos:1
reply to primeomega
Just finished act 1 NM last night, level 38. Bought a legendary weapon with 90 dps on it, and everything feels like normal mode again lol.

11.5k HP, 1100 dmg, 1500 armor, cleave crits for well over 2k, revenge crits for over 4k.

Dual wield cleave seems counterintuitive, but god damn it hits hard.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
More AS = more cleaves

Also, make sure your weapons are close to the same DPS.

Tehuno

Bartlesville, OK
they arent atm, its hard to match that legendary with anything close to it for my offhand. 90 dps main hand, 50 dps offhand. Ill try and get a better offhand soon.

Does anyone have the math on gemming? I assume + damage is the best weapon gem, but since i run crit heavy, I like crit % emeralds in weapons.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
you should not run DW under those conditions. You are gimping your legendaries damage. Every other hit is your shitty weapon. So its hard hit, tickle, hard hit, tickle. Your better off equiping a shield untill a better OH can be found. That way you smash with the legendary every time.
--
This is for your sins, I cleanse you. You can repent but I warn you, if you continue. To hell I’ll send you.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
reply to primeomega
So my level 22 legendary 1h axe sucks? Think it was 32.5 damage on it and a bunch of lifestealing. =*(

That sucks.
--
Here's the final bullet,
to put our love to death.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
Low lvl weapons get out classed very quickly. I don't see many weapons lasting more than 5 lvls because your damage will start to lack.

Tehuno

Bartlesville, OK
reply to f0rtys3ven
well i just came from having 2 50 dps weapons, so my OH is hitting just as hard as before i equipped the legendary. I know its not ideal, but my OH has a TON of good stats on it, I would lose quite a bit of damage switching to a shield.

JB- nah it dosent suck, hes just saying you need to try and find a ~30 dps offhand to match it.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
Understandable.

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to primeomega
Got a question about mighty weapons and also class specific ones too. I know the idea is random stats for drops, but I found a rare 1h mighty weapon on my barbarian this past weekend and after ID'ing it I saw it had like 12 str, 61 dex and 33ish vit plus extra gold from monsters. The dps on it was OK for its level requirement, but given that it's barbarian only shouldn't it at least get str as the top stat? Seen other weird stuff like fist weapons with int and vit only and wands with str on them. I usually hit up the AH for upgrades and always have str and vit to sort by and only rarely do I see mighty weapons pop up, been getting mostly maces and a few swords.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
Stats are random.

Remember those other stats aren't complete wastes and factor into some Defense. The Dex espcially gives dodge which I am not seeing anywhere else. Int goes toward your resists but isn't a great conversion.
--

Beef7

join:2012-05-16
reply to bTU
Gear with dex, int are pretty much garbage for your barbarian.

That type of gear, is usually sold super cheap on the AH if it's listed at all. So you may be able to buy it on the cheap, and if it's still an improvement over what you got, go for it.

I have so much rare crap to sell, if I get a rare drop now, with mix mashed useless stats, I salvage it, because I don't have AH space.

I complained about non-soul bound gear, the fact that stats are random makes this situation not as bad.

Most rare drops are garbage... you might find a blue that is a beter fit for your toon.

Rare really only gives you the "opportunity" to get something great, Most times its still junk

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
Just vendor it, leveling Blacksmithing isn't worth it. I vendor all gear I don't wear or put on the AH, and use the money i saved sinking into BS to buy that one or two good pieces off the AH.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Beef7

how much gold does a level 35 rare give... never checked, just salvaged

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
said by Beef7:

how much gold does a level 35 rare give... never checked, just salvaged

Regardless of level, always more if you sell vs. salvage.

I haven't salvaged anything since... level 25ish (level 51 now).
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Tehuno

Bartlesville, OK
reply to Beef7
around 300ish gold.

Tehuno

Bartlesville, OK
reply to primeomega
has anyone tried the stunlock build for barbs? my buddies were telling me about it last night, they were shocked i wasnt using it.
apparently its:
Bash w/clobber(35% chance to stun for 1.5 sec)
Seismic slam w/stagger(70% chance for 1.5 sec stun)
Leap w/death from above(100% chance for 3 sec stun)
Ground stomp w/wrenching smash(bigger radius, pulls mobs to you)
any 2 other skills

passives -weapons master using mighty weapons(extra rage), animosity(higher rage cap + generation), unforgiving(rage generation).

what do you guys think?

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
Seismic slam is rly awkward for me to use. Bash is single target. I guess with Overpower and a rage move this would be ok. Seems gimicky, but durable.

Weapon throw stuns too!

Beef7

Seismic slam with stun is my bread and butter.

Rage dump spamming it in all directions, stunning everything when I am swarmed

works great with group play. I can stun entires waves while my team r@pes em

Tehuno

Bartlesville, OK
reply to f0rtys3ven
yeah weapon throw w/throwing hammer is another stun, forgot about it.
bash is single target true, but you got a lot of other aoe stuns/dmg to complement it
seismic slam would be a lot easier to use after the leap stun, i have the same issue using it now, it feels awkward.

you should be able to rotate through stuns and keep bosses perma stunned.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
I think I'd be going with a two hander here as well. With that much passive rage gen you would benefit from the higher damage for moves.

This build will be my backup plan if I can't simply dps my way through INFERNO! But damn it I'm gunna try lol. I think with enough mitigartion from gear it could be possible. I am going to be attempting to get over 100 for every resist to start and 4k armor and 40 - 50 k health.

puppy

join:2010-01-28
reply to Tehuno
said by Tehuno:

you should be able to rotate through stuns and keep bosses perma stunned.

Are stun durations reduced in higher difficulties?

Last night I beat normal mode with my barb and all I used was bash/clobber and 2 weapons, kept him stun locked pretty much the whole time and interrupted his lightning breaths a few times he woke up enough to start casting it.

Seismic slam + stun is so awesome as well, I use it for mob packs though.

Beef7

I'm hoping on higher settings that the bosses are immune to stuns...

WoW bosses are

but who knows... maybe diablo on inferno setting will absolutely destroy you if he gets out of your stunlock and make you pay for it

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
Belial was the only one I noticed was not stunlockable and that was only in the OMG I AM THE HULK phase.

Only in HELL.

puppy

join:2010-01-28
reply to Tehuno
said by Tehuno:

has anyone tried the stunlock build for barbs? my buddies were telling me about it last night, they were shocked i wasnt using it.
apparently its:
Bash w/clobber(35% chance to stun for 1.5 sec)
Seismic slam w/stagger(70% chance for 1.5 sec stun)
Leap w/death from above(100% chance for 3 sec stun)
Ground stomp w/wrenching smash(bigger radius, pulls mobs to you)
any 2 other skills

passives -weapons master using mighty weapons(extra rage), animosity(higher rage cap + generation), unforgiving(rage generation).

what do you guys think?

BTW I tried using mighty weapons with weapon masters but I noticed my rage pool is always full. I think pretty much everything in your list except seismic slam generates rage, not use it, so I switched to using swords for 15% more damage.

I even tried the passive that gives you 25% more dmg if your rage pool is full but that unconsciously inhibits me from using seismic slam...

stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC
kudos:5
reply to primeomega
K, in Hell and new build:

LM: Frenzy with sidearm (using sword and board)
RM: Weapon Throw with Ricochet

Charge with cd reduction
Revenge with increased proc rate
Warcry with health regen
Beabigbarb w/ 100% increased damage

The last ability allows me to knock over 50% life off a boss if I am able to keep up time on it. Much fun with the build.
--
I am stating my opinion. Obviously you don't like it. Honestly, I don't care.

stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC
kudos:5
reply to primeomega
Shielding Molten Mortar = f*ck off if you are a barb

Tweakbl

join:2008-09-25
Rosedale, WV
This is my build.
Hughesnet has bad Lag so I needa little this and that.
Enable Elective mode in OptionsGameplayElective Mode

LOLROFLMAO at Mobs when they get hit with Earthquake and if I have rage with Call of the Ancients. Even hits them after they die, Earthquake does.

On Hell mode now. Know if I had a bit better connection I could push further in. Arcane "Lazers" and "Mortars" are a tough one.

My Build

My Load Out

Tweakbl

join:2008-09-25
Rosedale, WV
Pound of Flesh w/ Whirlwind and Hurricane allows me to move faster and pick up health.

Revenge w/ Provocation allows more procs and heals.

Nerves of Steel and Tough as Nails, more then doubles my armor. 125% which is awesome.

Coolbrz

join:2002-12-16
Kane, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast

2 edits
reply to primeomega
Click for full size
Act I Inferno
My current build,

»us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/b···V!acbcaZ

Farming Diablo on hell mode for better gear and farming Whimsyshire in Hell for money

Currently Level 60 so i get the valor buff for both runs and go clear them, i will have to check my stats later. My gear is a bit lacking at this point, in inferno I can do trash just fine but some of the blue packs are eating me up and i hate to spend too much money on the AH which is a bit ironic since i used said money to upgrade the Staff of Herding , but i like killing ponies and cuddle bears!

Edit - And before someone points out, yes I do not have a rage dump per say. I get by fine on trash without it, on blue and gold Mobs, im moving so much usually from plague/fire that i like to keep the rage up for Battle Rage and WotB. This build keeps me mowing through stuff pretty quickly and can also down Diablo in 5 - 8 minutes roughly depending on what he does.

Re-Edit Added SS of current stats, been running skeleton king in hopes of some drops