Search similar:

uniqs
Tehuno
join:2005-01-18
Bartlesville, OK

Tehuno to primeomega

to primeomega

Re: [D3] Barbarian Thread - Diablo 3

i swapped to sword and board too, working my way through act 2. picked up a 3 million gold ilvl 63 shield with 18% block, str/vit, 10% crit and a socket. I run with my DPS gear on and still have about 45k dps.

made a world of difference.
Tehuno

Tehuno to Arty

to Arty
so whats your setup, you mention war cry, overpower, revenge, WoTB, EQ and ignore pain? you have no primary attack?

Arty
@nbc.gov

Arty

Anon

I only use overpower for Ghom, and drop EQ for that fight only, otherwise I use frenzy. I'll post my stats when I get home, here at work I can't accurately list them. I know I have about 1200 physical resistance with shout up, along with about 900 resist all. I run around 18K DPS, and don’t use battle shout so I can have EQ for the champ packs. HP I think run about 42K total, with 1200 LOH all said and done. If anyone needs some gear I think i might have some just taking up space in my stash that I'll be happy toss your way, just let me know and I'll give ya my battle tag.

Arty
Tehuno
Bartlesville, OK

Tehuno

hmm, with no battle shout id be around 32k dps, so i guess swapping shout for EQ would be doable. id assume popping wrath then EQ would make EQ hit like a train.

im at 36k hp, around 700 resist all.

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy to primeomega

to primeomega
Tehuno (and others) - how are you guys getting the gear upgrades? Just many farming runs in Act 1?

I finally got my wizard geared enough (via AH) to finish act 1, but that's with almost 0% MF. It also doesn't help I have the attention span of a puppy, so now I'm leveling my DH (multishot with a higher level weapon is da bomb)... but thinking of trying the melee wizard... :P
Tehuno
Bartlesville, OK

Tehuno

Ive done probably 40 runs of act 1, not a single upgrade from doing the runs. Sold probably 6-8 million worth of stuff, and paid 12.50 to get 5 million gold the other day.

Im about 12 million gold deep in gear now.

puppy
San Diego, CA

puppy

Oh, is gold available via the AH now?
Tehuno
Bartlesville, OK

Tehuno

yeah has been for a week or so. paid 2.50 a million, pretty good deal IMO.
Arty7
join:2012-07-25
Denver, CO

Arty7 to Tehuno

to Tehuno
Yeah that's what I do, hit WoB then EQ and watch them fall dead. I can even use Ignor pain and take a couple lazer beam hits from Acrane packs to get one or 2 dead before having to move.

I got my gear simply by getting lucky, I got a mage helm that sold for 10m and was able to buy upgrades to progress, all my gear is AH, I've never found any gear for my barb that dropped.
Tehuno
Bartlesville, OK

Tehuno

ok cool, ill give that a try and see how it works out. Im going to run with a monk friend who has the AoE pull in, so that plus EQ should work really well.

puppy
San Diego, CA

puppy to primeomega

to primeomega
Playing my barb some these few days. I was checking out his skills last night and I noticed Furious Charge runed with Merciless Assault. Has anyone played with this?

Seems like you should be able to just charge back and forth if there's enough mobs, or does the knock back scatter them enough to mess up with this loop? I googled a bit and some people really love this, and the other rune Revel is also a good heal/escape combo.
puppy

puppy to primeomega

to primeomega
I found this HC inferno guide that I thought was pretty impressive. Has a focus on barb but other good info. Unfortunately a lot of it is in video form and too much to copy/paste here, so you can check this out at home.

»diablo.incgamers.com/blo ··· -mastery
Jodokast
join:2012-05-10

Jodokast to Tehuno

to Tehuno
I have tried a few times to do Infernal-Belial and keep failing on my Barbarian

Can anyone give me dps, armor, resist and talent build that works for them on that boss please or any other help if possible.

Thank you,

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs

Premium Member

I have to go with 2 one-handers to beat enrage timer. Save your transformation until you just get 5 stacks of frenzy at beginning of fight, then transform + warcry (with 100% dps inscrease) and go to town.

This is if you can defeat champ packs with little issue. Also, don't take the green bomb hits, run around.

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky
join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman to Jodokast

to Jodokast
said by Jodokast:

I have tried a few times to do Infernal-Belial and keep failing on my Barbarian

Can anyone give me dps, armor, resist and talent build that works for them on that boss please or any other help if possible.

Thank you,

If you want help killing Inferno-Belial I'd be glad to help. It's an easy fight with a decked out DH tank.

baineschile
2600 ways to live
Premium Member
join:2008-05-10
Sterling Heights, MI

baineschile to primeomega

Premium Member

to primeomega

Free Stuff

So I farm and farm, but I find items faster than I can get rid of them. Anyone here want some free (pretty good) gear? Please only take it if you are actually going to use it

here are some highlites

Shield - 1209 armor, 160str, 70vit
Sword - 550dps, 220 str, 500 LoH
Gloves - 200 armor, 3.5 crit, 20 resist all, 80 str, ignores db loss

plus a bunch of others. friend me, baineschile#1579 if anything interests you.
Arty7
join:2012-07-25
Denver, CO

Arty7 to Jodokast

to Jodokast

Re: [D3] Barbarian Thread - Diablo 3

As Stvnbrs said dual wield, if you have a LOH weapons even better. People say that LOH is over rated but to be honest I think it's not. I use a 700 LOH & a 3.0% life steal when I fight Infernal-Belial and pretty much own him.

Arty

puppy
San Diego, CA

puppy to primeomega

to primeomega
Quick question I hope...

Last night I found an amulet that is +228 str, +140? vit, 30 cold resist... Any idea how much this is worth?

I'm poor so hoping to hit that lottery item... :P

baineschile
2600 ways to live
Premium Member
Sterling Heights, MI

baineschile

Premium Member

you could probably get a mil for it. the str is huge, but most people on amulets look for three stats (crit, all resist, etc) in addition to primary stat and vitality.

puppy
San Diego, CA

puppy

Wow a mil ! I was thinking maybe 500k...

OK I will give it a shot (and prayer) tonight, thanks!

baineschile
2600 ways to live
Premium Member
Sterling Heights, MI

baineschile

Premium Member

228 is big str. you can start it at 500k, itll probably sell faster.

puppy
San Diego, CA

puppy

Turns out my brain changes numbers in wishful thinking, it was actually like +180 str so I put it up on the AH for 120-150k, see if it will bite.

The good news though is early in last night's run I see a green ring drop, my first set drop in D3. I was chanting "Natalysa's Mark... Natalysa's Mark..." but it was "Band of Fallen Heroes".

Had some int on it so I put it on the AH for 1.5M and it sold quickly. I probably underpriced it but my gold went from 400k to 1.8M so I'm happy ^_^

baineschile
2600 ways to live
Premium Member
Sterling Heights, MI

baineschile

Premium Member

about 120 hours in for me, 2 ledgend drops, and 0 set drops. I hope they bring back the uniques that D2 had, i liked that system a lot more.
Besice
join:2011-06-16
Tempe, AZ

Besice

I am sure the game will continue to be pretty lame (at least for me) until an expansion comes out. Its just not rewarding enough to grind for a .000001% item drop you actually need.

The good thing about D2 was it took a decent amount of time to get a max lvl character and when you got tired of grinding exp runs you could go MF'n and gear out an alt.

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler

Premium Member

All I know is in D2, you never had to stop progressing through the acts in order to farm optimal gear. All gear did was enable you to perform godly acts of pulling which made you feel beast. Now we have to conservatively inch forward in progression and stop repeatedly to grind gold/gear for the next small step. I don't get the same fun feel of a D2 heroic demon slayer when I'm playing on D3 inferno.

baineschile
2600 ways to live
Premium Member
Sterling Heights, MI

baineschile

Premium Member

got the tank to 100k today. woot.

puppy
San Diego, CA

puppy

What the, 100k?! wow, is that a "snap" shot with all the procs going off at once?
puppy

puppy to primeomega

to primeomega
BTW I've been reading some posts about hardcore play (just to see if I can pick up survival tips) and it seems like they think barbs are more durable than monks in inferno. Why is that, I would have thought monks with all their mitigation would be better?
Tehuno
Bartlesville, OK

Tehuno

said by puppy:

BTW I've been reading some posts about hardcore play (just to see if I can pick up survival tips) and it seems like they think barbs are more durable than monks in inferno. Why is that, I would have thought monks with all their mitigation would be better?

Man i dunno. My monk buddy is setup for pure defense, and he can just sit there and live infinitely through elites/rares, even while enraged.
I get in range of their enrage aura and die in 2-3 seconds, while he sits in it for 2-3 minutes+ , slowly chipping away at them.

Ive literally seen him die once since going with a defensive build, and that was because we pulled 2 packs, one of them a rare with invul. minions, and the other was fire chains/desecrator/molten.

baineschile
2600 ways to live
Premium Member
Sterling Heights, MI

baineschile to puppy

Premium Member

to puppy
Battle cry is up. Got the crit to 80%, and crit damage to %450. Thatll do it.