how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dutch Rage

join:2012-05-24

192.168.1.1:80

Hey, I wanted to port forward a minecraft server when this occured:
I typed in '192.168.1.1' and it said that the server '192.168.1.1:80' requires a username and password. I used all default that were mentioned anywhere on internet like 'admin+admin', 'blank+admin', etc. I have a linksys router 'WRT54G2 V1.5'. I asked my dad and he said he never changed anything.

Can somebody help please ?

Serbtastic
You Know How Many People I Have Buried?
Premium
join:2002-02-24
Stoney Creek, ON
Cisco support says defaults are :

user: blank, don't type anything
pass: admin

One more thing, next time RTFM (read the fine manual)!

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
reply to Dutch Rage
Sounds like that at some point in time the password was changed - by default the Linksys routers to no username and just 'admin' as the password.

It can be reset with a hard reset to factory specs:
"
To reset the router to factory default settings, press the Reset button for 10 seconds while the device is powered ON. "
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

Dutch Rage

reply to Dutch Rage
I already did

username: blank
password: admin

if I reset the router, will more things change or just that?

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County
Everything gets reset back to factory settings - including the default password..

Dutch Rage

reply to Dutch Rage
Will you notice anything?

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County
said by Dutch Rage:

Will you notice anything?

Huh? I don't understand the question....
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

Dutch Rage

reply to Dutch Rage
Will something else happends besides password reset.
So does my father notice it that something happened?

Serbtastic
Premium
Stoney Creek, ON
He didn't notice the password change, I doubt he'll notice the router was reset.

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County
reply to Dutch Rage
said by Dutch Rage:

Will something else happends besides password reset.
So does my father notice it that something happened?

If he knows what was configured and that it does not work anymore - then yes he would notice. The router will be set back to in the BOX settings. ANYTHING currently setup specifically for your house will change back to default.
--
Brian

Serbtastic
Premium
Stoney Creek, ON
reply to Dutch Rage
Were you using a wireless password (either WEP or WPA) to connect? If so, it has been reset to blank.

Dutch Rage

reply to Dutch Rage
OK

thank you guys, is there maybe another way to do it, a friend mentioned i might could change the port which is currently '80'?

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County
The port does not require the password -the router does.

fox77

@uslec.net
reply to Dutch Rage
Dutch:
Yes, you need to access the router to configure the port forwarding in there. You can do the reset and get access, but here is a site with instructions on how to carry out the port forwarding if you decide to go ahead. Your router is most likely listed.

»portforward.com/routers.htm

bdnhsv

join:2012-01-20
Huntsville, AL
reply to Dutch Rage
dutch - when you reset the router you lost any configuration changes that had been previously made (if there had been any). Check and see that all your devices,computers, etc that use your network are working and communicating with each other and the internet in the manner which they were before you reset the router. If everything works then you're good - if something does not then you're going to need to investigate it and see if it's related to the settings that have been lost in your router. Beyond that - you should be able to see the page in the router's config where you can do port forwarding. If you stumble and need more advice let the forum know. Good luck!

DaMaGeINC
The Lan Man
Premium
join:2002-06-08
Greenville, SC
kudos:2
reply to Dutch Rage
said by Dutch Rage:

OK

thank you guys, is there maybe another way to do it, a friend mentioned i might could change the port which is currently '80'?

Did it occur to just reconfigure the settings after you reset the router? Most likely its pretty much defaulted already, exception of the password and maybe WLAN security...
--
I can explain it to you, but I cant understand it for you.

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County
I am betting he does not know all of the settings changed...

Dutch Rage

reply to Dutch Rage
I asked my dad and he doesn't want to reset it cause he thinks shit will occur :/. He searched for the password and find nothing.
How can I check the WLAN security

Serbtastic
Premium
Stoney Creek, ON
Do you have any devices that connect wirelessly?
If you reset it, and don't remember the old Wifi password, you can set a new one and then change in on your wireless clients.

DaMaGeINC
The Lan Man
Premium
join:2002-06-08
Greenville, SC
kudos:2
reply to Dutch Rage
Those routers work out of the box... Nothing will occur other than defaults. Plug into a cable modem and BAM! Internet is shared.
--
I can explain it to you, but I cant understand it for you.