uniqs

ssherwood
Premium Member
join:2002-02-23
Toronto, ON

ssherwood to news

Premium Member

to news

Re: [TV] FibeTV (HPNA) + OTA on same coaxial?

said by news :

HPNA frequencies are also used in the air for shortwaves radio (ham radio, shortwave radio station like BBC, Voice of America, etc...). So you are picking up these signals with your Antenna and combining to the Bell Fibe signal using the same frequencies. Just run a second coaxial cable....

Thanks for that - I didn't realize that my antenna could be picking up those signals as it was only rated for much higher frequencies. I think I've found a diplexer that will work - its called a "SUB-BAND/CATV Separator/Joiner".

The way I understand these devices, the CATV port should reject the "Sub-Band" frequencies at the 1st diplexer, correct (see above)?

On a side note, how do you place uploaded attachments/images where you want them in a post? Is there a way to do this gracefully without loading them via a URL?

-- SS

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan

Premium Member

said by ssherwood:

On a side note, how do you place uploaded attachments/images where you want them in a post? Is there a way to do this gracefully without loading them via a URL?

-- SS

Use the "[ att = #]" tag, where # is the attchment # (1, 2, 3, etc...) - just put the tag where you want it in the post...

ssherwood
Premium Member
join:2002-02-23
Toronto, ON

ssherwood

Premium Member

said by LazMan:

Use the "[ att = #]" tag, where # is the attchment # (1, 2, 3, etc...) - just put the tag where you want it in the post...

Sweet - thanks!

That is a schematic for a stub filter that I was contemplating making before I realized how cheap the Holland diplexer and high pass filter would be. (just testing the ATT tag really!)

-- SS