All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

HTOWNGUY
@comcastbusiness.net

HTOWNGUY

Anon

Xfinity APP and Centon TV Tuner (Comcast)

Hi.

I am not sure what the problem is and Comcast is somehow not familiar with whats going on so i will explain to you guys to see if you can help me find a solution.

All i want is my Xfinity App TV to Work with my Centon TV tuner. I have an IPAD3 that i use to connect to my wireless router. I downloaded and installed the APP but it's giving me an error message saying that it can't find any compatible tv boxes. SO i called Comcast and they told me that the CC TV tuners will not work and that I had to have a new box with DRV functionality. SO i went to my local Comcast Service Center and I asked them if they can give me the latest and greatest cable box available. They said ok i will give you the Cisco RGN000X box. Later that night i hooked it up and everything worked on the box but guess what? Xfinity app does not work. Same Error Message.

I also tried running the Xfininty web TV and it tells me that there were no compatible Cable Boxes found in my house hold.

I just want to know if i need anything else to make this work? Is the service available in my area? Could it be that i have a buisness class account for internet that could be causing this?

Does any have any ideas?

Thanks

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

Did you check here to see if your box is eligible?

»customer.comcast.com/hel ··· -tv-app/
Russ6
join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX

Russ6 to HTOWNGUY

to HTOWNGUY
said by HTOWNGUY :

Hi.

I am not sure what the problem is and Comcast is somehow not familiar with whats going on so i will explain to you guys to see if you can help me find a solution.

All i want is my Xfinity App TV to Work with my Centon TV tuner. I have an IPAD3 that i use to connect to my wireless router. I downloaded and installed the APP but it's giving me an error message saying that it can't find any compatible tv boxes. SO i called Comcast and they told me that the CC TV tuners will not work and that I had to have a new box with DRV functionality. SO i went to my local Comcast Service Center and I asked them if they can give me the latest and greatest cable box available. They said ok i will give you the Cisco RGN000X box. Later that night i hooked it up and everything worked on the box but guess what? Xfinity app does not work. Same Error Message.

I also tried running the Xfininty web TV and it tells me that there were no compatible Cable Boxes found in my house hold.

I just want to know if i need anything else to make this work? Is the service available in my area? Could it be that i have a buisness class account for internet that could be causing this?

Does any have any ideas?

Thanks

If you are in a Cisco/SA Set Top Box market, Comcast does not currently support the XFinity App except if you have the Cisco RNG200-N and AnyRoom DVR functionality. That is only available in about 6 states and runs On-Screen Guide 2.0. The next general guide release S26 for the Cisco/SA Set Top Box market scheduled to start being deployed this summer will support it.