All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Dutch Rage
join:2012-05-24

Dutch Rage

Re: 192.168.1.1:80

OK

thank you guys, is there maybe another way to do it, a friend mentioned i might could change the port which is currently '80'?

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

The port does not require the password -the router does.

bdnhsv
join:2012-01-20
Huntsville, AL

bdnhsv to Dutch Rage

to Dutch Rage
dutch - when you reset the router you lost any configuration changes that had been previously made (if there had been any). Check and see that all your devices,computers, etc that use your network are working and communicating with each other and the internet in the manner which they were before you reset the router. If everything works then you're good - if something does not then you're going to need to investigate it and see if it's related to the settings that have been lost in your router. Beyond that - you should be able to see the page in the router's config where you can do port forwarding. If you stumble and need more advice let the forum know. Good luck!

DaMaGeINC
The Lan Man
Premium Member
join:2002-06-08
Greenville, SC

DaMaGeINC to Dutch Rage

Premium Member

to Dutch Rage
said by Dutch Rage:

OK

thank you guys, is there maybe another way to do it, a friend mentioned i might could change the port which is currently '80'?

Did it occur to just reconfigure the settings after you reset the router? Most likely its pretty much defaulted already, exception of the password and maybe WLAN security...

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

I am betting he does not know all of the settings changed...