how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

elray

join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA

What if?

What if the majority of your community and neighbors don't want to pay for FTTH?

Cjaiceman
Premium,MVM
join:2004-10-12
Parker, CO
kudos:2

Move?

join:2004-02-05
New York, NY
reply to elray

I don't want to pay for schools or the military but I have to anyway.

They'll have to suck it up because they don't know what's good for them. FTTH is a vital piece of infrastructure for the modern world.

Cobra11M

join:2010-12-23
Mineral Wells, TX

very true, I wish their was some here 10mbps seems so slow compared to some other peoples on here

elray

join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·EarthLink
reply to 45612019

said by 45612019:

I don't want to pay for schools or the military but I have to anyway.

They'll have to suck it up because they don't know what's good for them. FTTH is a vital piece of infrastructure for the modern world.

"Free" compulsory education is required by the courts, the military is mandated by the Constitution.

FTTH, I'm afraid, isn't on the list, and it isn't a "Vital piece of infrastructure for the modern world."

Oh sure, its nice to have. And I'm among the minority that are willing to pay the necessary premium for it - i.e. $5K install and $100+/month, but the majority isn't anywhere near as willing, and they certainly aren't going to be told to subsidize you.

The market *will* eventually grind these costs down substantially, where passes get below $1K and monthlies can get below $50, but rural folks aren't willing to pay even that.

As for being told to "suck it up", I don't think that's going to go over very well. Better to use the Jack Tramiel angle, and make the folks feel guilty that somehow, some way, little Johnny won't graduate preschool if he can't stream Netflix.