join:2005-11-21
Yermo, CA
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME
·Time Warner Cable
reply to FFH5

Re: Verizon moving on to leading edge technology

said by FFH5:

Seems like Verizon is doing what everyone should want them to. And that is moving on to the new communication technologies of the 21st century and leaving behind the buggy whip technology of DSL. It is better for the customers; better for the country; better for the investors. The only ones complaining, besides an aging brain dead Senator, are those who continue to demand that Verizon continue to support old technology, but at lower than their costs.

And Verizon is wanting to foist very expensive and unregulated LTE onto people who don't want it as it's too costly and who would rather keep DSL. I have DSL in a Verizon area, just not with Verizon anymore, over a year back I went to DSL Extreme instead, I get what I want for $32.83 a month, which is 3M/768K and it's on 24/7. Cable here is TWC and it's more expensive for the same speeds and I'm not interested in moving to TWC.

tim_k
Buttons, Bows, Beamer, Shadow, Kasey
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-02
Stewartstown, PA
kudos:40
said by zoom314:

said by FFH5:

Seems like Verizon is doing what everyone should want them to. And that is moving on to the new communication technologies of the 21st century and leaving behind the buggy whip technology of DSL. It is better for the customers; better for the country; better for the investors. The only ones complaining, besides an aging brain dead Senator, are those who continue to demand that Verizon continue to support old technology, but at lower than their costs.

And Verizon is wanting to foist very expensive and unregulated LTE onto people who don't want it as it's too costly and who would rather keep DSL. I have DSL in a Verizon area, just not with Verizon anymore, over a year back I went to DSL Extreme instead, I get what I want for $32.83 a month, which is 3M/768K and it's on 24/7. Cable here is TWC and it's more expensive for the same speeds and I'm not interested in moving to TWC.

Who's plant do you think DSL Extreme is using?
--
RIP my babies Buttons 1/15/94-2/9/07, Beamer 7/24/08, & Bows 12/17/94-10/11/09

maikii

join:2012-08-08
Pacific Palisades, CA
reply to zoom314
If you have DSL in a Verizon area, you have DSL with Verizon. Period.

The landlines are owned by the local telco monopoly, and all DSL signal goes through t that company.

You buy the VZ DSL from DSLExtreme, a reseller of the telco's DSL.

said by zoom314 See ProfileI have DSL in a Verizon area, just not with Verizon anymore, over a year back I went to DSL Extreme instead, I get what I want for $32.83 a month, which is 3M/768K and it's on 24/7. Cable here is TWC and it's more expensive for the same speeds and I'm not interested in moving to TWC.
[/BQUOTE :