signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5
reply to joetaxpayer

Re: [BW Meter] The Meter is Gone?

My meter is showing, and it says the cap is 250. I am at 115 right now. I thought they were removing the cap or increasing it?

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:17
said by signmeuptoo:

My meter is showing, and it says the cap is 250. I am at 115 right now. I thought they were removing the cap or increasing it?

As it says on the FAQs page (»customer.comcast.com/help-and-su ··· ive-use/) on Comcast's current suspension of their Monthly Data Cap, the data usage meter will remain accessible, but you can ignore the 250GB cap that is indicated:

Q. Does this mean you're going to stop cutting people off who exceed your cap?
A.
Effective immediately, we are suspending enforcement of our current data usage cap and we will launch trials of new data usage approaches, although we will continue to contact the very small number of excessive users about their usage, which can be indicative of security or related issues.

Q. Will you continue to offer access to the data usage meter?
A.
Yes.The Data Usage Meter is an easy and quick way for customers to track their Internet data usage. The primary account holder can find it by signing onto Comcast.net and logging into My Account. Then click on Users and Settings, look in the My Devices section (located toward the upper right hand of the screen), and click on View Details. From there, you can view your Data Usage Meter details page that shows your monthly data usage. We're working on ways to make the Data Usage Meter even easier to find and track.