Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to vue666

Re: [Rant] F*KN NCIX

said by vue666:

LOL...got that right....

Sorry Guys, but I do like Asian women, and Esther does nothing for me.

XoX

join:2003-08-19
Qc, Canada
reply to decx
said by decx:

said by XoX:

it's not the best but at least it beat the one from DirectCanada... The only way to find what you want on DC is by the name of the item.

It's actually the same company...

I know but we are talking about web site functionality here... and even if they are the same, some time you can find the same stuff cheaper on DC and in stuck.

nitzguy
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON
reply to vue666
said by vue666:

The two WD Green 2TB hard drives I ordered from Direct Canada came yesterday. Direct Canada had the same price as NCIX but DirectCanada had free shipping....

AND I believe Direct Canada and NCIX ship from the same warehouse, the same location...LOL

...LOL they sure do! I use Direct Canada now more than anywhere else....I've never had an issue, and with the free shipping on anything over $50....its a no brainer...and actually may work for them as I picked up a 16GB memory key just to bump my order over $50 with the DSL modem....basically turning the cost of my 16GB key to about $10....pretty good deal if you ask me....

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to elwoodblues
DirectCanada's free shipping is usually DHL... I don't know about you guys, but I have *never* successfully received a package from DHL (tried twice). In both cases DHL failed so many times I gave up and told them to return to sender.

Once was before the Loomis takeover, once was after. In both cases, they seemed completely unable to process a redirect; no matter how many times I would call them and get a confirmation of redirect, they would keep delivering to the old address.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

nitzguy
Premium
Sudbury, ON
said by Guspaz:

DirectCanada's free shipping is usually DHL... I don't know about you guys, but I have *never* successfully received a package from DHL (tried twice). In both cases DHL failed so many times I gave up and told them to return to sender.

Once was before the Loomis takeover, once was after. In both cases, they seemed completely unable to process a redirect; no matter how many times I would call them and get a confirmation of redirect, they would keep delivering to the old address.

Really? Always has been Purolator for me.....weird, maybe because I'm in a hick town Ontario? ...

Never had a DHL shipment...ever....they were used by IBM back in the day that's all I remember....

Hrm...need to check on my order I guess.

Yup shipped from Vancouver, Purolator Ground...it'll get here by xmas maybe lol...

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
reply to Guspaz
said by Guspaz:

Only issue I had was that the call centre told me the wrong hours for the depot. I showed up right at closing and was lucky that they let me in, where the call centre had told me they'd be open for another hour.

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON
reply to Guspaz
said by Guspaz:

I had DHL lose a Thinkpad coming from IBM repair.
--
The irony of common sense, it is not that common.
I cannot deny anything I did not say.
A kitten dies every time someone uses "then" and "than" incorrectly.
I mock people who give their children odd spelling of names.

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10
reply to Guspaz
said by Guspaz:

I had 2 weeks of that with Purolator. :\

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
Montreal, QC
reply to elwoodblues
I'd look up where loomisexpress's closest depot to me is (they bought out DHL's operations in north america), but the work proxy blocks it for having "sex" in the URL.
--

XoX

Qc, Canada
reply to Guspaz
said by Guspaz:

Strange, i bought a few thing from them and it always was Purolator that delivered my order. Just a week ago i bought and LCD and it was still Purolator.

btw : DHL does not have a pickup place? I mean if Purolator fail to reach me at home (need to sign) i just drive to warehouse/triage center the next day pickup my parcel. Never once had anything send back and i must have ordered about 4 times from them.

XoX

Qc, Canada
reply to Guspaz
said by Guspaz:

I'd look up where loomisexpress's closest depot to me is (they bought out DHL's operations in north america), but the work proxy blocks it for having "sex" in the URL.

Talk about stupid proxy and stupid admin...

XoX

Qc, Canada
reply to resa1983
said by resa1983:

said by Guspaz:

if you mean for the free shipping from DC... Yea a bit slow but hey, it's free

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10
said by XoX:

said by resa1983:

said by Guspaz:

if you mean for the free shipping from DC... Yea a bit slow but hey, it's free

Naw, the 2 weeks of delivery hell with Purolator. Ordered something made to order (best estimate was it'd be made in 6 months), 2 months later I moved, and of course IMMEDIATELY got the notification that my order was ready and would be shipping in a few days. Contacted company, they'd actually already shipped (they ground shipped from BC, so gave themselves a few extra days by saying they'd ship in a few days), they contacted Purolator to change the address, as did I about 30 times. They kept delivering to the old address, even tho the system said the new address, but the box said the old.

nitzguy
Premium
Sudbury, ON
reply to elwoodblues
5:18 PM...left Vancouver, BC Depot...

Yup, Purolator, we're slow but that's ok, can't complain because its free...

Oh well, here's to hoping I get it!

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
Montreal, QC
reply to elwoodblues
Virtually all of the depots for shipping companies in Montreal are inaccessible. They're all extremely hard to get to via public transit, so if you don't own a car, it's not practical to pick up packages with them.

Purolator's not completely useless, because they let you redirect to a purolator store for free, so if I have to receive purolator (who I hate), I redirect to their downtown store. Still costs me $5 in public transit fare to get there, but at least it doesn't take my whole evening to get a package.

I've never had problems redirecting to purolator's store. What I have had problems is when they refused to let me pick up my futureshop order because I couldn't supply a photo ID with my address on it. Newsflash: such ID does not exist for me, as I don't have a driver's license. I had to get a refund.

EDIT: To my knowledge, DHL/Loomis don't have any retail storefronts like UPS/Puro/CPC/Fedex do. I think DHL/Loomis is the only shipper that doesn't have retail stores.

For me:

CPC: Packages automatically go to "my" post office, which is unfortunately not the closest one to me, but isn't too bad.

UPS: Packages automatically go to the closest UPS store, less than a five minute walk from my workplace.

FedEx: Packages can be manually redirected to the FedEx store at Place Ville-Marie, a $5 public transit ride and ~30 minute round trip away.

Purolator: Packages can be manually redirected to the FedEx store on University not far from Place Ville-Marie, a $5 public transit ride and ~30 minute round trip away.

DHL/Loomis: Have never redirected successfully, depot is only option.
--

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
said by Guspaz:

Virtually all of the depots for shipping companies in Montreal are inaccessible. They're all extremely hard to get to via public transit, so if you don't own a car, it's not practical to pick up packages with them.

Yeah, they picked some really impossible to reach places for themselves if you don't have a car. Last time I had Purolator deliver at home (I made a mistake thinking it would come by Canada Post,) it took me 1 hour by public transport to get it, whereas the depot is less than 5 minutes by car. And I can't just walk there either as there's a highway and several railroads in between. So instead I had to take two buses to the other side, then walk on unsafe streets with no sidewalks for half an hour just to get there...

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium
join:2002-09-10
canada
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to elwoodblues
Still waiting for purolator's site to update from yesterday's "Shipment created with reference..." notice.
Who am I kidding, the receptionist will give me the call that my stuff has come in before purolator updates their website.
--
~ Project Hope ~

Cloneman

join:2002-08-29
Montreal
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Fibe
reply to elwoodblues
NCIX Saves you a staggering 9.5% Sales tax if you're in Quebec. Local computer stores need not apply. And even if they were priced competitively, the vast majority don't have much interesting stock to offer, you certainly couldn't use them to build a whole computer with any fancy parts.

I'm a crazy NCIX fanboi. There are so many advantages to using them for parts and system builds. They have shipping promos often enough (points, etc.) price match competitors, and you can get free shipping on defective returns RMA with VIP (500 points).

it's just a ridiculous amount of value that no one even comes close to matching, when you consider the wide variety of stock they sell

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
Small retailers don't stock anything because they can't afford to.
Prices go up and down daily (if not hourly), and the last thing you want is to be stuck with product that the manufacturer has dropped the List price on (to less then you paid for it).

Like many etailers NCIX doesn't actually stock much, they just drop ship it from the distributor.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

nitzguy
Premium
Sudbury, ON
reply to EUS
said by EUS:

Still waiting for purolator's site to update from yesterday's "Shipment created with reference..." notice.
Who am I kidding, the receptionist will give me the call that my stuff has come in before purolator updates their website.

...I swear I seem to be the only one who gets updates...

Scan Date Scan Time Status Comment
2012-05-28 05:48 PM Left via VANCOUVER, BC depot
2012-05-28 05:18 PM Shipment In Transit via VANCOUVER, BC depot
2012-05-28 05:17 PM Picked up by Purolator via VANCOUVER, BC depot
2012-05-28 05:16 PM Shipment created with reference : xxxxxxxxx, yyyyyyyyyy

...I know there won't be an update now until it hits Toronto but...at least it shows them picking it up lol.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium
canada
Well, i was wrong, the shipping status updated this a.m. when it was placed on truck for delivery. I was off by 20 mins.
--
~ Project Hope ~

Purolator

@purolator.com
reply to elwoodblues
Hello All,

Our apologies for any inconvenience you may have had while using Purolator. If you would like for me to look into any issues or problems you’ve had with us, please feel free to e-mail me at address below.

ekster, if you receive another shipment through us and missed the delivery, let me know and I’ll verify if we can get the package sent somewhere easier to pick up or find another alternative.

EUS, if you haven’t received the shipment and looking for an estimated delivery date, let me know and I’ll see what I can do.

Thanks for the feedback!

Regards,

Jérémie
Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team
Coordonateur - Médias Sociaux / Équipe d'Assistance à la Clientèle

Purolator Inc.
E-mail / Courriel: customer.care@purolator.com ou/or assistance.clients@purolator.com
www.Purolator.com

Follow us on Twitter / Suivez-nous sur Twitter:
»twitter.com/purolatorhelp

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium
canada
Reviews:
·voip.ms
Jeremie, I think you misunderstand, I was making fun of the tracking software, specifically the lateness in updates.
The item(s) are in my possession, thank you.
--
~ Project Hope ~

NCIXEsther

join:2012-05-30
reply to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

I have to build a new PC for someone, so I saw a deal on NCIX and grabbed it along with a processor and new DVD Writer.

All items are in stock, but I can't get the promo shipping price because some items are not in stock????

Everything looks hunky dory till 8hrs later I get an email saying my CC expiration date was wrong (they won't let me use Paypal on pickup orders).

No problem, my mistake and I respond via the weblink..get another email back, they can't do it.

Call the CS number, oh you have to call another number.. which in turn tells you to call the first number. GRRRRRR.. Ok I'll call the Vancouver number.. oH they're closed for the day (at 7pm EDT).

I figure hell with them I'll just re-order the same items... OH look the price went up.

And Donero is grumpy.. BAH!

said by elwoodblues:

said by vue666:

LOL...got that right....

Sorry Guys, but I do like Asian women, and Esther does nothing for me.

Hi elwoodblues, thank you for posting your honest feedback... lol

We often redirect people to call back because of the different options available, (which leads to different departments). And yes, unfortunately most of our BC locations close a bit earlier, around ~6:30pm PST... I wish we could be open 24 hours! It's just not feasible right now and I apologize for the inconvenience

It's been around a week since your initial post and if you are still having issues, don't hesitate to message me with some further details so I can look into it for you!

Sincerely,
Esther

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
reply to elwoodblues
Whoa! Replies from purolater and NCIX directly!

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
I swear they have Google alerts and this place gets indexed fast.

Esther thanks, please take no offense personal taste that's all.

NCIXEsther

join:2012-05-30
none taken!

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
Montreal, QC
reply to elwoodblues
All my parts for my new computer arrived from NCIX over the past few days (shipments got split), the BIOS swap that NCIX did on my Shuttle worked perfectly, enjoying the new PC
--

nitzguy
Premium
Sudbury, ON
reply to elwoodblues
My parts arrived from DC today, I believe first time I've ever actually signed for the Purolator guy at my door and haven't had to go to the depot...that being said, for free, 1 week...not too shabby....and enjoying the new modem.