spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

TB Customer

@cox.net

No Incoming calls for a week now !!

I have been a Teleblend customer since the Sunrocket days. My incoming calls stopped over a week ago. My outgoing calls works just fine. I have opened a ticket and TB says that it is the issue with underlying carrier. They won't tell me who that is so I have no way of contacting them (underlying carrier). When I call TB, customer service is fairly rude and just says we are looking into it. Not sure what is going on.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms

What is going on is that you have stuck with a stagnant company that few people use anymore if they are knowledgeable. It gives VoIP a bad name.

----------------------------

If you plug your phone number into here:
»tnid.us/
It will tell you who your CLEC is.

TB Customer

@cox.net

Thanks for that link. My underlying carrier is McLeod USA. Not sure how do I contact them.

I have been happy with TB for many years. This is the first time this happened and I found out how bad is their customer service. If this is not resolved soon, I will look into moving to a new provider. any recommendations?

PX Eliezer7
Premium
Hutt River

VOIPo for a similar full-service setup to what you have now.

CallCentric if you want to get your own ATA or IP phone, which is well worth considering.

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium
join:2005-10-08
Boca Raton, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·VOIPO
·CIKTEL Telecom

1 edit
reply to TB Customer

said by TB Customer :

Thanks for that link. My underlying carrier is McLeod USA.

No need to contact McLeod USA ... which incidentally was purchased by PAETEC, a major telecommunications company (CLEC) in 2007 and subsequently bought by Windstream in 2011 ... but still operates under the name McLeodUSA in your area.

Decide on a VoIP provider from among the "good guys" that are oft mentioned in the VOIP Tech Chat Forum (»VOIP Tech Chat) ... choosing among the popular providers (CallCentric, Anveo, Voip.ms, VOIPo, Future Nine) or one of the other occasionally discussed providers ... deciding whether you want to buy your own adapter (ATA) or get one from the provider that is already set up. The BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) option is not a big deal because such an adapter is easy to set up and someone in the VOIP Tech Chat Forum can always offer help. [It may not be possible for you to "unlock" your current Teleturkey device.)

Then decide whether you want a fixed fee monthly (or annual) plan with "unlimited minutes" for high monthly minutes usage or a PAYG (Pay-As-You-Go) plan for low incoming/outgoing use (generally 500 minutes or less per month).

The provider you select will be able to tell you if they can port your number from Teletubby ... since it will be the new provider that, upon receiving certain documentation from you, will actually present the porting request to its phone number supplier (usually a Competitive Local Exchange Carrier, CLEC) ... and this CLEC will contact the "losing" company (McLeod) to effect the port ... if all goes as expected. Telepoopy plays little or no role in the porting process and would not even know that you ported out until you cancel your account after the port is proven to be successful and calls are coming in through your new VoIP provider.

If you provider us with the first 7 numbers of your DID ###-###-#--- one of us can give you a good idea of availability of CLECs and VoIP providers who can port in your number ... or you can go to the VoIP provider sites and use their "Can I port my number?" tool.

TB Customer

@cox.net

Thanks for all the info. The phone is still not working and they won't even respond to emails. When I call they say that they are working on it and it's not their fault. They did mislead me by saying that I cannot port out the number at this time as it in a non working state.

I looked at other options and it seems AXVoice or Call Centric will serve my needs as I am a light residential customer. Any recommendations between these two? It does seem like Callcentric will charge $25 for number porting whereas AXVoice will not. Also AXVoice provides free phone adaptor and with Callcentric I will need to buy it. Suggestions please?

PX Eliezer7
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms

Look at CallCentric's excellent reviews on this same website that you are on now.
»User reviews - Callcentric

Do be aware that with CallCentric or other BYOD providers, you choose an outbound plan and an inbound plan separately. I say this because I love CC, but I don't want you to have any claim later on that you were surprised at this procedure.

AxVoice is more mixed (and not as popular) in terms of reviews.
»User reviews - Axvoice

TB Customer

@cox.net
reply to PX Eliezer7

said by PX Eliezer7:

VOIPo for a similar full-service setup to what you have now.

CallCentric if you want to get your own ATA or IP phone, which is well worth considering.

Oh! I missed VOIPo when I read your answer first time. I think I will go with them. Thanks so much.

You guys are great!!

TB Customer

@cox.net

Got an email from Voipo

"Unfortunately your transfer request has been rejected. Our porting affiliates have notified us that there is a pending order on your account that has halted the transfer process. Please contact your losing provider at this time to remove any pending orders, or confirm that there is not an order tying up this request."

Any suggestions?

TB Customer

@comcast.net

Stay with Teleblend! I use them and I never had a problem. They are a great company. (maybe this is why no post in this forums--everything works great with no issues)

RR TB Cust

@comcast.net
reply to TB Customer

I had the same issue with TeleBlend and got it fixed in a couple of days. Apparently someone with the underlying provider accidentally took down a few circuits. My service was flawless for 4 years except for the 2 day hiccup where I could not receive calls. Be patient, I am sure it will be fixed soon.

RR TB Cust

@comcast.net
reply to TB Customer

By the way, my neighbor is with Vonage and they lost their number for over a month about a year ago. Strangely enough the underlying provider was McLeod as well. Whether it is CallCentric, Voipo or whatever, it does not matter because the underlying providers ultimately service the numbers. When there is an issue with the underlying, it does not matter who you have for a provider. Hopefully your number is going to get fixed soon. Keep us posted.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to TB Customer

said by TB Customer :

Stay with Teleblend! I use them and I never had a problem. They are a great company. (maybe this is why no post in this forums--everything works great with no issues)

Good for you, but the OP has had no incoming calls for 2 weeks (when he posted on May 24, the problem had already been going on for a week....so 2 weeks total)

said by TB Customer :

(maybe this is why no post in this forums--everything works great with no issues)

OMG what a spin.

said by TB Customer :

They are a great company.

On this website (where you are at RIGHT NOW) they have a mostly negative set of reviews.
»User reviews - Teleblend

PX Eliezer7
Premium
Hutt River
reply to RR TB Cust

said by RR TB Cust :

Be patient, I am sure it will be fixed soon.

Two weeks already?

They won't answer his e-mails?

Not good signs.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to RR TB Cust

said by RR TB Cust :

. Whether it is CallCentric, Voipo or whatever, it does not matter because the underlying providers ultimately service the numbers. When there is an issue with the underlying, it does not matter who you have for a provider.

That's only partly true, because a good retail provider like CallCentric or Voipo will really PUSH their underlying carriers to fix a problem.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to TB Customer

said by TB Customer :

Any suggestions?

Yes, if TeleBlend can't either fix your service, or allow you to port, then it is time for an FCC complaint.

»esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm

RR TB Cust

@comcast.net
reply to TB Customer

CallCentrics and others may state that they "PUSH their carriers", but ultimately all underlying providers, CLECs, etc work at the same pace. Even the larger companies like Vonage can't get these underlying providers to get in gear and resolve their issues when they occur. There is no way a callcentric and other providers can do anything. That is why they sent the email and could not port the number. If it has been 2 weeks then your number is probably close to getting fixed so hang in there. All I know is that attempting to change providers when there is a problem with the number itself can cause problems with the repair because your new carrier will be submitting a port on top of the repair. Mine was fixed in 2 days, but then again I did not call anyone to switch my service. I hope that when you called the other provider and tried to switch that it did not cause a delay in the repair. (which is probably what happened and why you are going on two weeks now). I would give TeleBlend a little more time and I am sure they will get it fixed.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms

said by RR TB Cust :

If it has been 2 weeks then your number is probably close to getting fixed so hang in there.....
I would give TeleBlend a little more time and I am sure they will get it fixed.

I can't conceive of a situation where it could/would/should take 2 weeks or more to fix such a problem.

said by RR TB Cust :

Mine was fixed in 2 days, but then again I did not call anyone to switch my service.

Sounds like he waited MUCH longer than two days. Exactly how long do you think he should have waited?

said by RR TB Cust :

I hope that when you called the other provider and tried to switch that it did not cause a delay in the repair. (which is probably what happened and why you are going on two weeks now).

As I read it, his service originally went out around May 15 (a little over a week prior to his first on post May 24), and he contacted another provider around May 27 (when he contacted VOIPo)

He waited about 12 days BEFORE trying to switch. How much more do you want him to wait?

Yet you are BLAMING him?

Outrageous, truly.

This is the sort of thing that gives VoIP a bad name.

BTW, as for comparisons with Vonage, I would hardly hold up Vonage as an example of good customer service.

RR TB Cust

@comcast.net
reply to PX Eliezer7

@PX Eli... I don't think you still get the issue. If it is with the underlying provider it is out of TeleBlend's control. Similar to if the construction crew dug up the road and severed a fiber line. The FCC won't do anything in these sort of situations so don't waste your time. @PX.. You remind me of the people that yell at the ticket counter at the airport when the plane is delayed due to inclement weather and threaten to complain to the FAA, news channel, blogs. Sit tight and weather the storm.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms

I don't think that [you] get that VoIP customers of [good] companies start to scream bloody murder if their service is out for two HOURS, or for a day.

Are you SERIOUS in saying that this situation is acceptable, tolerable, or normal?

It is not.

I suggest that you ask people's opinions in the REAL VoIP forum, as to whether or not a two-week breakdown of inbound service is normal.
»VOIP Tech Chat

You will be laughed at without mercy. Readers will injure themselves falling out of their chairs.

Sure, EVERY retail VoIP provider has failures and has issues with the CLEC's who provide the numbers.

But NO provider other than TeleBlend seems to have so many of these prolonged outages.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to RR TB Cust

said by RR TB Cust :

@PX.. You remind me of the people that yell at the ticket counter at the airport when the plane is delayed due to inclement weather and threaten to complain to the FAA, news channel, blogs. Sit tight and weather the storm.

This is a major human screw-up, not a "storm" or other meterological phenomenon.

RR TB Cust

@comcast.net
reply to TB Customer

I did not say that anyone should be happy with being unable to receive calls. However, things do happen that are out of our control and even our service providers control. If the issue was on the TeleBlend side, it is pretty obvious that it would be fixed by now. Obviously as they stated in my email and I am sure they stated to the other use as well, it is with their underlying provider. Depending on the nature of the issue with their provider, the repair may take time. How long should he/she wait? I can't answer that and I don't think even TeleBlend can. But at least I was informed and offered a temporary option if I chose to have one until the issue is fixed. That to me is a company doing everything they can to ensure that the customers are taken care of. If they did not "care" as some of you say, then that would not occur. As to the comment about this not happening to any other carrier, that is a pretty naive claim. These underlying carriers are common to all providers and therefore it happens to ALL providers. You really need to have the proper statistics such as number of complaints per customer, because sheer quantity of complaints don't mean anything because it is relative to the size of the customer base. Comcast has the largest number of complaints for just that reason. I would suggest for the user to hang in there. Ask them for a temporary number if is a huge issue depending on the nature of how you use your phone. If the number is important to you, you should wait until it is repaired. If you change around during this process, you could lose your number forever. I am not blaming the user, but unknowingly they tried to switch providers and that could have very well caused the further delay. Keep hanging in there...When my number was repaired, I asked them and they stated that most that were impaired have been repaired by the underlying carrier. And by the way, my neighbor who is on Vonage can't receive inbound calls either and their number is with McLeod. They lost service the morning of 5/15 and called MagicJack a week later. And they still don't have service.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms

I've even defended TeleBlend at times from what I felt were unfair attacks. For example, see my comments in this thread:
»Teleblend Horrible support for even a potential customer

But I'm sorry, there are stories that come out of TB that one just does not see from other providers. See this thread of woe that went on for several MONTHS:
»No Teleblend Inbound since mid-October

I've never seen a story quite like that from a good quality provider (of which I do NOT mean Vonage or MagicJack).

-----------------------------------

I hope that the OP gets his phone number back, one way or the other.

As for TB, the market will decide.

RR TB Cust

@comcast.net

I believe the example of the user that lost inbound in 2009 was due to the CenturyTel/Qwest merger. A lot of legacy territory was wiped out during that time and customers across providers that service those regions were affected. My sister lives out west and she had Packet8 during that time and lost service on the number for almost 2 months. Even with the McLeod scenarios, with the Paetec mergers and now Windstream, as they change out gear, circuits, whatever, customers are affected. Again, not a TeleBlend issue really, but obviously since it is their customer, at least for me they gave me the option of a temp number, service credits, etc to stand by their product. My neighbor was saying that his Vonage service was flawless until I tried to call him on my cell. He realized that he had not had an inbound call since 5/15. Same region service by legacy McLeod so go figure. The underlying carriers are probably swamped with complaints from their customers which is probably why it is taking more than 2 weeks. Mine was fixed in 2 days and his is going on 2 weeks and he is in the next townhouse to me. He got a MagicJack and the next day I saw the jack laying in his front yard so I guess that did not work too well.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
Hutt River

A very informative post, thank you.

TB Customer

@cox.net
reply to TB Customer

I am the OP and my phone is still not working as of June 1st. Yes, I think I gave TB enough days before I tried to switch service. I get it that it is an issue with underlying carrier but they need to follow up on that AND need to keep me informed.

I think what pissed me off was how unprofessional TB is while handling this. When you chat with them online they just say "We are working on it and it will be fixed soon". The chat guys are not even aware of whole situation. When I told them that the email said to change my number to make it work, they said to answer to email and not communicate with them. So obviously there is a disconnect.

When I answered to the email, they never responded. I think I emailed FIVE times and there was no response.

When I called the support line, they were so RUDE. The tone was like Why the eff are you calling us? Didn't we say we are working on it? No one said I am sorry that you are having issues. They just say we have no update for you. It will be fixed when it gets fixed.

Best part ..... I asked why there was no reply to my email. I was told they didn't think a reply was necessary.

Bravo TB. Way to treat a long time customer. (I had joined sunrocket within a few days of its launch). I will give it another 5 days before I file complains with FTC and BBB.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms

said by TB Customer :

Bravo TB. Way to treat a long time customer. (I had joined sunrocket within a few days of its launch). I will give it another 5 days before I file complains with FTC and BBB.

FTC has no role here.

This is an FCC issue.

»esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm

PX Eliezer7
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to TB Customer

said by TB Customer :

When I answered to the email, they never responded. I think I emailed FIVE times and there was no response.

When I called the support line, they were so RUDE. The tone was like Why the eff are you calling us? Didn't we say we are working on it? No one said I am sorry that you are having issues. They just say we have no update for you. It will be fixed when it gets fixed.

Best part ..... I asked why there was no reply to my email. I was told they didn't think a reply was necessary.

Well, that's what I was trying to tell that other guy who kept telling you to be patient.

None of this is a surprise with TeleBlend.

They may not be responsible for their CLEC's but they are surely responsible for their own personnel.

It would be good if TeleBlend could really fix its problems, rather than trying to do public relations damage control in the forums!

PS: You'll have more presence here if you register as a member of this DSLR website. It's free. And we won't have the problem of 2-3 anonymous posters using the same anon name.

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium
join:2005-10-08
Boca Raton, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·VOIPO
·CIKTEL Telecom
reply to TB Customer

With respect to the "anonymous" posters comments in this thread, for the most part, they reflect a lack of knowledge as to how the system works with regard to VoIP providers and CLECs (the latter being the ones who supply/control the phone numbers and routing of incoming calls) ... and porting in general.

First off, TB has been one of the most criticized providers (just above MagicJack) since it arose from the SunRocket ashes. This Forum has not been "dead" because the service is "great" ... rather, it has been dead because there are likely very few remaining customers other than:

• customers who so rarely use there phone that they don't know when the service has had a SNAFU;

• naive users who are not aware of these BBR VoIP Forums nor are they aware of far better options/choices for other VoIP providers. Most folks know about Vonage and Cable Phone options but, in the case of TB users, these are probably felt to be too expensive;

• unsatisfied and/or frustrated TB users who are aware of this Forum and the ongoing complaints, with few TB defenders, but are too lazy to port to another provider;

If posters had been following the main VoIP Chat Forum threads over the last few years ... threads which covers the majority of VoiP providers) ... they would be aware of the following:

• VoIP providers at times have had to switched all or a regional grouping of phone numbers (or even a single end-user's number) over to other CLECs when faced with extended, uncorrected or uncorrectable issues or when a CLEC has gone kaput.

• Reputable VoIP providers do not pass the buck by blaming their CLECs; rather, they work with the CLEC to fix the situation and, more significantly, the good Voip providers continually update customers as to the status of pending issues on their websites;

• Recent FCC rules have mandated that telecommunications carriers (including CLECs but excluding VoIP providers) must report all "outages" and justify/correct the underlying problems in a timely manner while informing the "public" of the problem status. Outages or failed calls may be justified when a cable is sliced or a major power outage or other disaster occurs ... but non-compliant carriers will face FCC action, not to mention embarrassment among their peers and shunning by VoIP providers.

The OP actually has two problems!

(1) No incoming calls. (Outgoing calls are working.)  Unless the Adapter (ATA) is "broken", this is most likely a "routing problem" ... that is, somewhere along the line, the calling party's carrier or the nationwide routing table's maintainer or the CLEC's servers or TB's servers contain a routing error so that calls to the OP are being misdirected or undirected.  In the OP's case, I doubt there is a major customer-wide problem with the CLEC regarding failed incoming calls; it is more likely a mis-routing issue in the nationwide Routing Tables or on the OP's CLEC's servers or at TB's servers ... which would result in a failure of incoming calls to reach the OP's home adapter.

(2) According to VOIPo the attempt to port in the DID has thus far been thwarted: "Unfortunately your transfer request has been rejected. Our porting affiliates have notified us that there is a pending order on your account that has halted the transfer process. Please contact your losing provider at this time to remove any pending orders, or confirm that there is not an order tying up this request."  Although it is unusual for a VoIP provider to actually block a port, TB may have requested that its CLEC (the carrier that owns/controls the OP's number) "freeze/lock" the number to prevent "slamming" (unauthorized steeling a number and moving it to another carrier).  The "pending order" comment is puzzling, unless either the OP has put in some request that has not been mentioned ... or TB is fraudulently "blocking" the port with a phony "order".

Regarding (1), it would be interesting to learn what a calling party experiences when calling to the OP's number ... a busy signal, an endless ring-back (with no ringing on the OP's phone), a "number is not in service" message, etc. The OP should experiment with calls from Verizon Wireless, ATT Mobile, one of the major PSTNs (landline phone companies), and a few of the VoIP providers. The answer to this question might give us a clue to the underlying problem.

Regarding (2), the OP should ask VOIPo (or one of the other "good guy" providers) to "escalate the porting request" with its CLEC which can, in turn, "force" the port based on FCC regulations in the case of recalcitrant carriers (such as has occurred in the past with GlobalNAPS).  The question of a "pending order" should be taken up with the FCC (as recommended in a prior post), if TB or VOIPo cannot determine the nature of this "pending order".

TBSupport1

join:2007-09-11
Leesburg, VA

Just to follow up with everyone.

We have contacted many of the customers who have contacted us back about the inbound issue. We are working with our carrier as often as we can to get this resolved. If any customer has not been contacted or had their ticket update, please let me know and I will do my best to get you the answer you need.

As for some of the comments I have read in this thread, I have brought them up to the management team. This is why I have replied to this thread and will continue to follow the threads in the forum going forward.