uniqs
Expand your moderator at work

RR TB Cust
@wayport.net

RR TB Cust to N9MD

Anon

to N9MD

Re: No Incoming calls for a week now !!

@N9MD is lost in the sauce as usual. For you to say that anonymous posters don't know anything about Voip? Seriously. Yes, having a userID on a forum makes you a genius since that involves rocket science. If you have ever been a customer of a company that went through an acquisition, you will probably know the troubles with it. As I stated in my previous post, my sister went through the Qwest/Centurytel merger and lost her line for over a month. They credited her bill. Besides the issue with my number for 2 days, I have no complaints with TeleBlend.
Concerning the OP's issues. The problem is one and the same. When my number stopped working, it had nothing to do with my TeleBlend equipment or line since I could make calls and receive them on-net. Therefore the issue was with the number and the fact that TB told me the issue was with the underlying provider made sense. If you try to port a number to another provider while either the number is repaired or is down at the underlying carrier end, then the number will NOT port. That is why the OP found out the hard way. Initiating the process would have most likely caused some sort of delay because the underlying provider would have a request to repair a number and port a number. This is pretty logical. When my neighbor lost service with Vonage around the same time the OP lost service, they initiated a port as well, to MJ. Hence why their phone is still not working. Mine was repaired in 2 days, but it could be based on my area or the fact that the underlying fixed mine first. Either way, TeleBlend was informative, offered a temporary number while it is getting repaired and even gave me a credit. Since they are not the underlying provider and are working with the underlying provider, it probably does not make much sense to call them every day like hitting the up or down button on the elevator a hundred times.
OP, the port out attempt obviously caused a delay in your repair. That really is not the provider's fault. Hang in there and your number will get repaired.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

said by RR TB Cust :

@N9MD is lost in the sauce as usual. For you to say that anonymous posters don't know anything about Voip?

He was not saying that about anonymous posters in general, but rather about the particular anonymous posters in THIS thread who for for some bizarre reason continue to support TeleBlend.

"Lost in the sauce" ?!

Is that the best you got?

The funny thing is that you think you are helping TeleBlend, but with each new post, you prolong this thread, you refresh its SEO, and thus you are HURTING TeleBlend.
PX Eliezer704

PX Eliezer704 to RR TB Cust

Premium Member

to RR TB Cust
said by RR TB Cust :

That really is not the provider's fault. Hang in there and your number will get repaired.

The Messiah (first or second coming) is worth waiting for, but this is not.

Because you repeated your whole spiel, I will do so as well.

I don't think that [you] get that VoIP customers of [good] companies start to scream bloody murder if their service is out for two HOURS, or for a day.

Are you SERIOUS in saying that this situation is acceptable, tolerable, or normal?

It is not.

I suggest that you ask people's opinions in the REAL VoIP forum, as to whether or not a multiple-week breakdown of inbound service is normal.
»VOIP Tech Chat

You will be laughed at without mercy. Readers will injure themselves falling out of their chairs.

Sure, EVERY retail VoIP provider has failures and has issues with the CLEC's who provide the numbers.

But NO provider other than TeleBlend seems to have so many of these prolonged outages.

And the OP waited about TWO WEEKS before trying to port the number out.

Plenty long in any rational situation.
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned) to RR TB Cust

to RR TB Cust
said by RR TB Cust :

CallCentrics and others may state that they "PUSH their carriers", but ultimately all underlying providers, CLECs, etc work at the same pace. Even the larger companies like Vonage can't get these underlying providers to get in gear and resolve their issues when they occur. There is no way a callcentric and other providers can do anything. That is why they sent the email and could not port the number. If it has been 2 weeks then your number is probably close to getting fixed so hang in there. All I know is that attempting to change providers when there is a problem with the number itself can cause problems with the repair because your new carrier will be submitting a port on top of the repair. Mine was fixed in 2 days, but then again I did not call anyone to switch my service. I hope that when you called the other provider and tried to switch that it did not cause a delay in the repair. (which is probably what happened and why you are going on two weeks now). I would give TeleBlend a little more time and I am sure they will get it fixed.

Are you serious? The new provider causing a delay? Underlying provider's fault and no one can make them move faster.

It is called more contacts and knowing what to say and who to talk with.
nonymous

nonymous (banned) to RR TB Cust

to RR TB Cust
said by RR TB Cust :

As I stated in my previous post, my sister went through the Qwest/Centurytel merger and lost her line for over a month.

That would be an interesting story.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

said by nonymous:

said by RR TB Cust :

As I stated in my previous post, my sister went through the Qwest/Centurytel merger and lost her line for over a month.

That would be an interesting story.

Indeed.

And of course that does not justify the present situation, nor have there been any CLEC mergers or other major changes in the last several weeks that could explain this puzzle that apparently affects multiple customers.
Mash85
join:2012-06-14
south africa

Mash85 to TB Customer

to TB Customer
I have had a similar problem but mine was caused by the router i installed,so if you have also installed something new in your system just double check and maybe you can figure out the problem.
Expand your moderator at work