All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Russ6
join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX

Russ6 to FifthE1ement

to FifthE1ement

Re: [STB] On-Screen Guide 2.0+ on Motorola (legacy) boxes?

Comcast has confused its customers with all the different names that it has used for future guides. I think there will be 2 "new" Comcast guides: On-Screen Guide 2.0 and the X1 guide (formerly On-Screen Guide 3.0). Both of these guides will use Tru2way technology. These guides will work in both the Motorola and SA/Cisco markets so Comcast can provide feature parity across their SA and Motorola footprints. On-Screen Guide 2.0 currently is used on the Cisco RNG 200-N with AnyRoom DVR functionality enabled in the SA/Cisco market.

X1 will first be released on the Pace set-top box and then on the other modern set-top boxes that support Tru2way.

In the SA/Cisco set-top box markets, those are the RNG set-top boxes. For the legacy SA/Cisco STBs that do not support Tru2way they will run the S26 guide that is scheduled to be deployed this summer. The S26 guide brings the features of Motorola's A28 guide to the SA/Cisco markets.

In the Motorola set-top box markets, I am not sure what set-top boxes can support Tru2way. For the legacy Motorola STBs that do not support Tru2way, they will run the A28 guide.

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut
join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

FifthE1ement

Well I know the DCX models support Tru2way but I'm not sure if the DCH or DCT models do from what I can find I their spec sheets? I know my area has the On-Screen Guide 2.0 and it is a Motorola area, but we have some Cisco boxes running AnyRoom DVR. OK so hopefully the DCX boxes will get the new guide (although if I know Comcast this will never happen as they treat all Motos the same across their service areas). I'm just tired of a guide that looks the same since the early 2000's! Most current customers have the DCX, DCH and DCT models with a few new customers getting the Pace RNG models but it seems the old customers are left in the dust when it comes to hardware and just about everything!

5th
Russ6
join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX

Russ6

On-Screen Guide 2.0 is NOT currently scheduled for the Motorola footprint (see »Re: [X1] Xfinity TV on X1 Platform and X1 Remote Control App! ).