Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ssherwood
Premium
join:2002-02-23
Toronto, ON
reply to RickStep

Re: [TV] FibeTV (HPNA) + OTA on same coaxial?

Thanks, Rick.

Bell themselves use Holland splitters when they install FibeTV, as does ATT for U-Verse in the US. (they use the VDSL/HPNA diplexer in the US as the VDSL signal is on the coax from the NID) While what Bell/ATT do shouldn't be taken as an example of what is right and proper, if it is good enough for their installs, it should be good enough for my application, quality wise.

Thanks for looking at the spec sheets - I was going by what is on the labels. I wonder why they would label the device 5-40Mhz when it is actually cable of 1-42Mhz?? Bizzare. Also, I find it interesting that their SBD's range goes lower than their HPNA splitters, which are also labelled starting at 5Mhz, but only go down to 4Mhz according to the specs.

At any rate, the good news is that the HPNA frequency range should be wide enough with the SBD diplexers I ordered.

The only other concern seems to be signal leakage, and it seems that the -40dB high pass filter should eliminate that.

I've learned a lot more about signals, frequencies, interference and leakage etc. by trying to accomplish this OTA+HPNA on 1 coaxial task. I only hope now that 1) it works, and 2) it helps someone else in the future trying to do the same!

-- SS

RickStep
Premium
join:2002-11-25
Hamilton, ON
kudos:1

said by ssherwood:

. . . as does ATT for U-Verse in the US. (they use the VDSL/HPNA diplexer in the US as the VDSL signal is on the coax from the NID

While the Holland model DPLS-2AR (HPNA-TV/VDSL diplexer) is listed in their diplexer spec sheet; a search for that device on the Holland web site appears to no longer be available.

»www.hollandelectronics.com/catal···iner.pdf

Rick