Search similar:

uniqs

tuladrin
@idv.net

tuladrin

Anon

heroic hag help

whats up cig btw.

Need advice running with a 4/8 heroic group on shadow priest and we have wiped to many times on heroic hagara. Its now to the point of trying random strategies which is pointless I feel. We do a good job on lightning, its the darn crystal phase that gets us. We have tried 1.) ranged group(4) and melee group(4) with 2 in middle burn, turn and run 2.) Same comp run around ice wave and stay on crystal till gone 3.) All in one group turn burn and run 4.) All in one burn run inside wall and burn till gone 5.) Last nite someone suggested all ranged in middle and melee turn burn and run.
Which is best?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

JB will have an answer to this. I know he explained it once before "the big crash". It was all greek to me, but I'm not progressing hard modes yet.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9 to tuladrin

Premium Member

to tuladrin
We found the easiest way in 10 man Heroic Hagara was to simply take a prolonged frost phase and just run around behind the cutter, dip into the middle, get cleansed and keep moving. This will cause you to take 2 or 3 passes but the enrage timer is not that tight anymore.

If you're losing people to the cutter, try the above.

We did lightning, frost, lightning dead.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D to tuladrin

Premium Member

to tuladrin
Our personal strat was always "ranged and healers in middle, melee get into middle to get around the cutter and get dispelled". We did it this way because we have a rogue and a feral, and keeping CPs on the crystal was a good thing, on top of letting the ranged just pewpew more successfully.

It does require your healers to be somewhat beastly.

seaquake
MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD

seaquake to tuladrin

MVM

to tuladrin
We work on one crystal at a time, starting with the first one clockwise from the entrance portal. We get the first one down before the ice wave reaches us, then move on to the next one. When the ice wave is about to overtake us, we dip into the middle to let the wave pass and back on the crystal. Typically we only have to tip into the middle once for the 2nd and 3rd crystal. By the 4th one, we typically have to dip in twice. Of course, dispel when the affected person gets into the middle. If it happens when people are working on a crystal and the dispel ends on the ground, it's probably over.

I play a hunter and I put the hunter's mark on each crystal as we approach it. Helps a bit on the DPS

We've got 2 damn good healers and our mage's ALT druid for the 3rd healer/dispel on this fight. If your healers aren't up to snuff, then this will be a very difficult fight to win.
Threatco
join:2011-04-19
Moncton, NB

Threatco to tuladrin

to tuladrin
I have led a lot of different people through their first H hag. It ends up being more of a Bravehart speech then a real fight explanation.

Step one: When people say "Just stand in the middle and heal through it" /slap them, and tell them this is 10 man.

I describe the stretgy as this. Be afraid, be very afraid. Take no risks, your dps does not matter. Figure out which people can dispell them selves every time "spriests/druids/rets ect.." and make sure dispellers dont worry about them. Remind druids not to stampedeing roar near people to avoid accidentaly dispelling a near by allie with the debuff. Simply repeat like 5 times, "The debuff must not be dispelled in the middle"

Then explain, the debuff must be brought into the watery entrenchment "middle area" to be dispelled, every time. If you can't dispell your self, then go stand inside the WE, call in vent " needs dispell now" and just wait til it happens, healers have nothing better to do then heal you through it.

And then about the scardy cat part. Everyone MUST stay close to the Ice Wave infront of them, if at any point they think they cant quickly catch back up to it they must FALL BACK

FALL BACK

**FALL BACK

This is the key concept to this whole thing. People ego's make themt hink it's a race, or that they can somehow edge out a bit more dps, or that they will eventualy catch up. No, screw them. They need to ----> FALL BACK

What is falling back? Simple. Stand in the watery entrenchment and let the Ice Wave behind you go past you, then dip back out and follow that one.

Pretty much any time someone gets a debuff and they go into the WE, they need to FALL BACK.

If someone has to run around an ice patch (shouldn't be any but accident happen) FALL BACK

If someone needs to runa round an Ice Cave In, they need to FALL BACK.

If ever in doubt, just FALL BACK.

We have all dps, the tank, and 1 healer start on the same pillar, and have the other 2 healers pre spread out so they can heal/dispell people who FALL BACK.

It takes some time to knock it into people's heads. But once they get the idea, it comes together.

Few basic things people allready said also helps.

Hunter aspect. Stampedeing roar off the 2nd crystal.

qualitybobby
Premium Member
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY

qualitybobby to tuladrin

Premium Member

to tuladrin
I'm with JB on this, it's the easiest way. Keep running around and move to the middle and call out when you get there for dispels. If you think the cutter will catch you when you get to the middle, call out in vent you are staying behind, wait for the cutter to pass, and come out and keep running and killing. The enrage is no issue at all, and we usually end up lightning, ice, lightning dead as well.

tuladrin
@idv.net

tuladrin to tuladrin

Anon

to tuladrin
thxs all

stonhinge
Premium Member
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

stonhinge to tuladrin

Premium Member

to tuladrin
If you have a hunter, have them put on Aspect of the pack. No, really. The only time you should be taking damage is if you're dipping in to get cleansed, or when FALLING BACK. And you're slowed by the water anyways when that happens.

We have our shadow priest stick to one crystal the whole time, since he can cleanse himself. Generally the 4th one. Once it gets down to 2, if they are right next to each other, you can contemplate falling back every wave to take them out. Depends on your healers. Definitely fall back every time when there's only 1 left. Silly to go all the way around.

Some people might mention this as well: There is a very, very narrow strip around the bubble where you won't get hit with the ice wall. I've found it by accident. That's the only worthwhile way of finding it. Trying to find it on purpose will either kill you, or annoy your healers. If you happen across it, enjoy. Just don't go looking for it every time. It's one of those "Need to be standing on this pixel" type of things.