share rss forum feed

BadHat
Hook'M Horns
Premium
join:2003-10-14
Rosa's Place
kudos:1

[Chat] I hope it's cooler

Off to MA tomorrow, be there Monday. I can use a break from the heat.

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:23

2 recommendations

What heat? Highs mostly in the mid to upper 60s. Nice clouds 'n sunshine and enough rain to make me have to scramble to try to keep up with mowing and pruning. I don't see anything, except the extra work, to complain about.
--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .

leibold
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-09
Sunnyvale, CA
kudos:10

1 recommendation

Cool temperatures, partly cloudy and windy here too.

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-27
Out Grazing
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Shaw

2 recommendations

reply to BadHat
said by BadHat:

Off to MA tomorrow, be there Monday. I can use a break from the heat.

I know what you mean! It's in the 60s here. I can hardly wait for the cool of winter to return!
--
Jamais le mal n’aura le dernier mot. La foi et l’amour déplacent les montagnes de la haine.
- Marguerite (Maggy) Barankitse

santy
Don't Follow Me, I'M Lost Too
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-10
Wilmington, IL

1 recommendation

reply to sortofageek
Slight breeze, sunny and temp around 90. Forecast for Sunday and Monday--- upper 90's with heat index over 100 . I'm staying in the house those two days and let the A/C keep me cool.
--
You don't quit playing 'cause you're OLD. You're old BECAUSE you quit playing!!

santy
Premium,MVM
Wilmington, IL
reply to sortofageek
EDIT: duplicate post
You don't quit playing 'cause you're OLD. You're old BECAUSE you quit playing!!

santy
Premium,MVM
Wilmington, IL
reply to sortofageek
another duplicate post.. darn business network giving me problems

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

1 recommendation

reply to BadHat
Bill, welcome to New England, glad you're here! It's humid and mildly warm, but nothing like down in TX. NE is def. cooler. Wouldn't mind being in South Padre Island right now though...

jopfef
Home of the BeaChi Boys
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
Saint Louis, MO
reply to BadHat
I envy you the trip north. 91 here today, and we're heading up to 99 for the next couple of days. NOT looking forward to those temps at all.

BadHat
Hook'M Horns
Premium
Rosa's Place

1 recommendation

reply to BadHat
Be in Milford, CT tomorrow, should be nice except for the rain...

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
Don't know if it is possible for you to do it, but while you are in CT, try Nardelli's or Pepe's pizza, both have multiple locations but are the best there is. Nardelli's is an Italian Deli (try the Italian grinder), Pepe's makes Coal fired oven pizza. Or try Blackies for deep fried hotdogs and famous pepper relish.

If you pass through Waterbury, honk your horn as you go over the mixmaster.
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

BadHat
Hook'M Horns
Premium
Rosa's Place
Reviews:
·AT&T DSL Service
reply to BadHat
Went up I95 to RI and damn fuel filters are going out. Gonna have to pay holiday rate to get the dang things replaced.

No pizza for me. Unless it is at the truck stop. Most places don't want us parking our big trucks in their parking lots, if they would fit.
--
The letters T and G are very close to each other on a keyboard. This recently became all too apparent to me and consequently I will never be ending a work email with the phrase "Regards" again.

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:23
Can't you call and have the pizza delivered?

BadHat
Hook'M Horns
Premium
Rosa's Place
reply to BadHat
Depends on if I am close enough. But most places won't deliver to a truck stop.

jopfef
Home of the BeaChi Boys
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
Saint Louis, MO
Reviews:
·Charter
·Vonage
said by BadHat:

Depends on if I am close enough. But most places won't deliver to a truck stop.

Well, that really stinks.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
reply to BadHat
Man, if I had a car (and wasn't ill) I'd pick one up and bring it to you! Pepe's doesn't deliver unless you are some sort of major VIP or something, I think. Lots of US presidents have tried them.

BadHat
Hook'M Horns
Premium
Rosa's Place
reply to BadHat
We are usually a captive audience. Whatever slop the truck stop serves. I can count the good ones on one hand.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
Are there any truck stops in CT? They aren't obvious from the highway, and many communities try and prevent lots of businesses from opening up. My impression of my home state is that it isn't trucker friendly.

I do mean it though: I'd have gladly got you one and brought it to you, even though I can't eat it (diary allergy), it is one amazing pizza if I had the way to do so, for all you do, you deserve such a treat!
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.