spc
Search similar:

uniqs
vja4Him
join:2012-05-25
Ceres, CA

vja4Him

Help with Buying Cordless Phone ....

I need to get a new cordless phone .... There are so many models to choose from, it's very confusing ...

Our current cordless phones are about to die, so I need to get something very soon!

I need three phones (Base plus two extras). I'm looking to spend somewhere around $100-150 for three phones.

Here are some of the features I would like:
-- Large Phone Book Capacity
-- Blocking
-- Caller ID
-- Call Waiting
-- Answering Machine
-- Intercom/Handset to Handset/Base
-- AA Rechargeable Batteries (longer life than AAA?)
-- Higher Number Redial feature
-- Base with Keypad
-- Large, Bright and Clear Screen (my eyesight is not so good)
-- High Capacity Recording Time for Answering Machine
-- Speaker Phone
-- Headset Jack
-- other .....

So, basically I'm looking for a High-End Cordless Phone with Answering Machine, and lots of great features!
vja4Him

vja4Him

Panasonic - DECT 6.0 -- KX-TG7644M

I'm considering buying this model:

Panasonic - DECT 6.0 -- KX-TG7644M

Does anyone have this phone?

bemis
Premium Member
join:2008-07-18
united state

bemis

Premium Member

I've got the previous generation of that phone (and still got the several-versions older non-DECT Panasonic too).

You almost can't go wrong with them, they are fine phones. Good size, shape and weight. I'm told I sound clear, and I can hear very well. The speaker phone function works reasonably well too, it's especially good when you're calling into a voice mail or voice-tree setup because it's loud and clear.

The time/directory functions are also sync'd between all phones which is a great feature.

Mine accepts NiMH AAA batteries, so they are not expensive custom packs--I don't know if these are the same, but I suspect they might be since they look identical to what I have, except different color buttons.
vja4Him
Ceres, CA

vja4Him

Thanks for you input. I really like the features with this phone. Would be nice to have more record time for the Answering Machine though .....

bemis
Premium Member
join:2008-07-18
united state

bemis

Premium Member

said by vja4Him:

Thanks for you input. I really like the features with this phone. Would be nice to have more record time for the Answering Machine though .....

I have voicemail through my phone provider, it's been at least 10 years since I've had an actual answering machine.

Funny, but that was a Panasonic too... used two full size tapes, one special one for the greeting and one regular one for the messages...
vja4Him
Ceres, CA

vja4Him

I remember the old Answering Machines with the cassette tapes! I still have lots of cassette tapes that I need to get transferred to CDs very soon .....
vja4Him

vja4Him

Copying Music from Cassette Tape to CDs ....

Can anyone suggest a device that will allow me copy my music from cassette tape to CD?
netsurfer1
join:2012-04-13
Atlanta, GA

netsurfer1 to vja4Him

to vja4Him

Re: Help with Buying Cordless Phone ....

You just need to get an stereo plus connect it to the cassette player and onto the computer. Turn on your computer and cassette player. Make sure that you have a sound recording player in your pc. Open it, play the song that you want to record. The computer will record the music from your cassette player. Then save the recording.