spc
uniqs
lafcam
join:2012-05-25
Notre-Dame-Des-Prairies, QC

lafcam to dyoshida

to dyoshida

Re: DIR-825 Wireless Problem

hi, first of all i am having Big problem with this routeur. the range is not good as every other routeur. i tried everything and nothing seem to solve thé problem i know a lot of customer from videotron that have thé same problem. i think dlink had a lemon and continue to say it is one of the best routeur on the market. only reason i am keeping it tHey sold it 49$:

BimmerE38FN
join:2002-09-15
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN

Does it have videotron FW loaded or DLinks OEM firmware? If videotron, thats probably the reason. There is a good post on the DLink forum about putting DLink OEM firmware on a 825 thats got videotron FW loaded. If your using OEM firmware,
What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under router.
What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on routers web page under status.

What wireless modes are you using? Under Setup/Wireless/Manual.
Try single mode G or mixed G and N on 2.4Ghz and single mode N on 5Ghz?
Channel Width set for Auto 20/40Mhz or try 20Mhz only.
What security mode are you using? Preferred security is WPA-Personal. WPA2/AES Only. Some WiFi adapters don't support AES, so you might want to try TPIK only or Auto.
What wireless devices do you have connected?
Any cordless house phones?
Any other WiFi routers in the area? Use »www.metageek.net to find out.
Turn off Short GI, WLAN Partition and Extra Wireless Protection if you have it. Under Advanced/Advanced Wireless.

The DIR-825 IS a great router if set up correctly.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

Side note, just yesterday I dumped all D-Link products. I originally night the DIR-825 and the DAP-1522. I found out quick that when the DAP was on my network it was knocking my stereo receiver offline. So I scrapped it. I was never happy with the wireless range on the 825. I could be within site of the router in the next room and have one wifi bar on the iPhones and 2 bars on the laptops. Yesterday my new Asus RT-AC66U router was delivered and the range is awesome.
I might be offloading the D-link products on the For Sale section here, when I do I will let you guys know.