spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ttriber

@bellsouth.net

[Home Network] Continuos DSL problems for 3 years with AT&T

I am down to my last heaps with AT&T. I have called rigorously over the past 3 years even gotten used to the disconnects and I am just plain sick of it maybe you guys here at dslreports can help a very frustrated AT&T customer.

I have a 2wire dsl modem wireless connection. I am on AT&T Uverse. I have had problems with connections getting disconnected continuously. I have 3 laptops and a DSL modem and members of my family are on them a lot and every-time I get disconnected from the ethernet connection. I could have a computer online and an Xbox 360 going on without a problem for a few hours then bam internet gets disconnected out of no where.

I have called Tech support to the same tech support stuff and nothing has ever changed. I changed the settings on the firewall like I was told and nothing it must be the internet connection. I have had this problem for such a long time that I dont even bother calling tech support anymore because I know the instructions they will give.

This is my last hope here maybe one of you internet gurus can help me. Would be very appreciated!!!

'

Austinloop

join:2001-08-19
Austin, TX
kudos:1
You need to post screen shots from UV realtime, it is a free program that you can download. I would recommend screen shots of the IP/Profile tab, the Error Table tab and the Bit Loading tab, for a start, then perhaps those here will be able to help you. The information you have posted is pretty generic and gives no clue as to the condition of your line, etc.

treyatl2006

join:2012-01-26
Atlanta, GA
I was having the same problems with multiple 2wire modems. He then gave me a motorola 3347 and I havent had a problem since. Im not sure if 3347 will work with uverse...

graysonf
Premium,MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by treyatl2006:

Im not sure if 3347 will work with uverse...

I am 100% sure it will not work with U-Verse.

ttriber

@bellsouth.net
reply to Austinloop
Allright I'm downloading UV realtime see what that does

medbuyer

join:2003-11-20
kudos:4

1 edit
reply to treyatl2006
said by treyatl2006:

I was having the same problems with multiple 2wire modems. He then gave me a motorola 3347 and I havent had a problem since. Im not sure if 3347 will work with uverse...

you have regular dsl internet which the 3347 will work..

the OP has Uverse which is a different flavor of dsl which the 3347 WILL NOT work...

be careful with what you say around here....

treyatl2006

Atlanta, GA
Dude what the hell are you talking about... The OP clearly said that he was on uverse.

medbuyer

said by treyatl2006:

Dude what the hell are you talking about... The OP clearly said that he was on uverse.

there edited it...

Ok dude...???

treyatl2006

Atlanta, GA
Maybe you should watch what you post on here??

medbuyer

said by treyatl2006:

Never mind...

Lets just learn to straighten facts...

treyatl2006

Atlanta, GA
Our
said by medbuyer:

said by treyatl2006:

Never mind...

Lets just learn to straighten facts...

I clearly stated that I'm NOT sure if it works with Uverse. How is that stating something as a fact? Do you have reading comprehension problems? Besides, graysonfc had already confirmed my suspicion that it wouldn't work well before you came along.Your comment really wasn't needed.

medbuyer

said by treyatl2006:

Your comment really wasn't needed.

I may have typed too fast before I could clearly put things into place in my mind....

let's move on to OP's problem....