spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

erocha

@sbcglobal.net

2wire 3801HGV Bride Mode and Netgear ProSafe FVS318N

I have AT&T u-verse TV and Network services. AT&T provided a 2Wire 3801HGV.

Is there a way to put the 2wire router on bridge mode and have the netgear router handle the internal network?

I tried putting the netgear router on the 2wire DMS plus mode but that only causes DNS and Routing problems, connection is a lot slower, etc.

So I would like something like this

ATT
|
|
2Wire
|
--------------------
| |
TV Netgear Pro Safe
Coax ( 192.168.10.XXX )
|
My Computers

wayjac
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy
kudos:1

said by erocha :

Is there a way to put the 2wire router on bridge mode and have the netgear router handle the internal network?

There is no bridge mode with uverse internet
The dmz plus is the best option for you

macbookproi5

join:2012-05-27
reply to erocha

I used to work for AT&T Tech Support. When I was still working there. We offered support for the 1701 to 2701 2 wire modems. Normally, if a customer wants to put his modem into bridge mode. We would usually direct him to the 2wire home portal site. I don't know why 2wire keeps on manufacturing modem/routers considering that the 3801 only supports wireless b/g connection.

OFBulldog

join:2009-12-15
Phoenix, AZ

said by macbookproi5:

Normally, if a customer wants to put his modem into bridge mode. We would usually direct him to the 2wire home portal site. I don't know why 2wire keeps on manufacturing modem/routers considering that the 3801 only supports wireless b/g connection.

Well, then it's been a while since you worked there and you also know it takes time to get through AT&Ts rigorous testing process. The reason you sent them to the 2Wire portal is "bridge mode" is an unsupported mode and if a gateway is put into that mode, the only, and I mean ONLY, thing that would ahve been supported was to put it back into its standard configuration.

Wayjac is absolutely correct. Placing your Netgear device in DMZplus mode is your best option.

jr9730

join:2000-11-22
Torrance, CA
reply to macbookproi5

BTW - all vendors used by ATT have wireless "N" devices in their labs for approval. You mention the 1701-2701 which is legacy ADSL, if you knew the Uverse network, especially the Video you would know their are tons of policies and QOS that has to be policed in a router type of gateway and not normally done in a bridged configuration.