All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Dillinja
join:2011-10-01
UK

Dillinja

[Raiding] Raid with new guild....But I've never done HC DS!

Hi All,

I need some sound advice

I've just transfered realm to join a new raiding guild which currently have wound down and taking it easy until MOP hits release.

So I have plenty of raiding exp but not in cata, due to taking a break I started playing again just before DS came out and at the time belonged to a raiding guild which broke down and stopped raiding, so I could only run LFR as I'm not a huge fan of pug raids.

So my new GM told me "were running 1-2 HC DS 10 man raids up until MOP is released, I want you to come along" - But my exp with raiding DS normal / DS HC is little to none and my first raid is tuesday....

So how do I prepare for this? ok I can read up on tacs and watch vids but surely if I'm jumping straight into HC mode this won't be enough?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

first things first... are you heals or dps?
Dillinja
UK

Dillinja

DPS - Rogue

quatra
Premium Member
join:2003-06-22
Matthews, NC

quatra to Dillinja

Premium Member

to Dillinja
Personally I don't find videos to be much help but tankspot.com has videos for just about everything. I prefer icy-veins.com's written guides. Nothing compares to real fight experience though. I play a dps warrior and can tell you that 6/8H is pretty darn easy. I haven't tried it yet but I think heroic spine appears to be simple for melee dps as well. Keep in mind these fights have already been nerfed by 20% which is huge.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to Dillinja

Premium Member

to Dillinja
Do LFR for lower difficulty versions of the encounters and watch heroic mode videos to see what the differences are.

The hardest part for me on a new encounter is getting used to the new spaces, boat, cave, plattform etc.

So LFR should be a good way for you to "see" how those bosses are initially.
Dillinja
UK

Dillinja

Yep I'm really familiar with LFR mechanics but I've been told that normal and HC are completely different....
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA

cigtyme

Well you transfered servers, so my advise will go under the impression you know at least 1 person in the guild.

Find 1 or 2 people who you know, or who seem to always be on in guild chat. Ask for someone to hop in vent with you. If possible get a person who will do LFR with you if possible. If someone is willing to do LFR then have them hang out in vent and explain the guilds strat per boss while doing the LFR. If you cant do a LFR run then try just to get a guildy in vent and go boss by boss their guilds Heroic strats.
Dillinja
UK

Dillinja

said by cigtyme:

Well you transfered servers, so my advise will go under the impression you know at least 1 person in the guild.

Find 1 or 2 people who you know, or who seem to always be on in guild chat. Ask for someone to hop in vent with you. If possible get a person who will do LFR with you if possible. If someone is willing to do LFR then have them hang out in vent and explain the guilds strat per boss while doing the LFR. If you cant do a LFR run then try just to get a guildy in vent and go boss by boss their guilds Heroic strats.

Thanks
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA

cigtyme

Nio Probs. It always is a good idea to know the Web strats from Tankspot or Icyveins or where ever, but from experience, a guilds strat can be totally different than a web's strat guide. Before getting on with the guildy find a site that has text with picture strats by role. Just to learn your job per boss. You having some knowlege of the boss will be so helpful to the person explaining the strat to You.
Dillinja
UK

Dillinja

said by cigtyme:

Nio Probs. It always is a good idea to know the Web strats from Tankspot or Icyveins or where ever, but from experience, a guilds strat can be totally different than a web's strat guide. Before getting on with the guildy find a site that has text with picture strats by role. Just to learn your job per boss. You having some knowlege of the boss will be so helpful to the person explaining the strat to You.

Yeah I've been making notes from Icyveins so this should help a lot.