uniqs
share rss forum feed

WiFiTech

join:2012-05-26
Rogers, AR

[AR] Customer Continuity of care, or lack there of, any thoughts

SB6180 Connect Screen Approx 10:30

SB6180 Connect Screen Approx 11:30
The images above are referenced in the last paragraph of this post. The first part of this post is mock up of my conversations with Cox. They are meant to give you insight into my experiences dealing with Cox as a customer.

WEEK 1
CSR 1 > Thank you for calling Cox. My name is Andy, how may I help you today?

Kevin > Hello Andy, I am having trouble getting help with the trouble I have with my service. Internet - web pages time out, music and video are always buffering and files fail to upload to my colleges platform. TV - the picture is pix-elating and hanging or their is audio only and no picture. Phone - always works, I am talking to you on it now. I experience these problems when I use the services, 7pm to 6am. I am at work and don't know if there are problems during the day.

CSR 1 > I understand and have put this information in the notes, we will have a technician at your place tomorrow between 9am-5pm, please rearrange your schedule so you can be there.

Kevin > Okay thank You Andy.

WEEK 1

TECH 1 > I unplugged everything, then plugged it all back in and it all seems to be working fine. Have a nice day.

Kevin > Okay, thank you.

WEEK 2

CSR 2 > Thank you for calling Cox. My name is Bob, how may I help you today?

Kevin > Hello Bob, is Andy around, I am having the same problems as WEEK 1. Please check the notes and also see what was done by Tech 1.

CSR 2 > Andy is unavailable and I don't have access to the repairs done. Those notes are with the local office, I am regional, but I can help you resolve your problem, we will have a technician at your place tomorrow between 9am-5pm, please rearrange your schedule so you can be there.

Kevin > Okay thank You, Bob.

WEEK 2
TECH 1 > I unplugged everything, then plugged it all back in and it all seems to be working fine. Have a nice day.
Kevin > Okay, thank you.

---- This continues March 2011 to October 2011. Then again from February 2012 and continues even now. Each CSR is never the same one, the techs are different. Some are sub contractors, some are Cox in house. The service is "repaired" during the day when it isn't having problems, never during the time that it is failing. Also, each CSR says they are putting down the information in the notes so the Tech will have them. Every Tech says there are no notes other then there a service problem with Internet, TV or Phone. At no time can any Cox personnel give a what was done to correct the problem previously.

In my own experiences with Cox, I have been told by the Colby's, the Lance's, the Ben's and the Eugene's and the "Supervisors" that they promise to get a resolution and will stick with the case until it is resolved. Each time a technician comes out I am told it is all within parameters and call if the problem happens again.

I am unable to reach the same person in regards to solving the same problems with my service. I am assured that the notes are being placed on the account. I offer screen shots of the equipment they say they can monitor. Yet they don't see the same thing I am seeing. I ask for the parameters of the service they provide from the "trained professional" for that service. However they don't seem to have this information on hand. Isn't that like having a life guard that can't swim, but knows CPR on duty?

I would love to be able to talk to an account representative that knows my area, when there are outages, service work being done and the results of the technicians visit. Even if the Tier 1 support changes all the time, at least have the Tier2 guy handle the same cases. It is just frustrating to have to explain the same problem to a different person every single time the same problem isn't resolved. Maybe I am the only person that cares to keep Cox, as most of my neighbors with similar issues just switch to ATT U-verse, DSL or Cellular. How do I know, I helped them. Why am I not doing the same thing? I did switch to Directv due to no resolution to that problem. As for not switching ISP's, I need the ability to configure routers for remote access, and it is much easier to do that without the double NAT issue the Modem/Router Combo's of the other providers cause.

I am including 2 screen shots of my modem (SB6180 that I unplugged and plugged back in @ 10:15am this morning. In the 1 hour 30 minutes of uptime, you will notice the on the downstream channels section > channel 1 has over 9800 correctables and over 2200 uncorrectables. I believe these numbers should be in the 10's after days of up time let alone an hour and a half.

lilstone87

join:2009-04-09
Portsmouth, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

Re: [AR] Customer Continuity of care, or lack there of, any thou

Just so you know, there is a bug in the gui of the 6180. that if you leave the signal page open, it will add up correctable codewords on the top channel. Still your adding up some uncorrectable which can be a sign of trouble, but the numbers you are showing are not a whole lot as you may think. So unless your having connection trouble, don't put much into the uncorrectable codeword count.

WiFiTech

Rogers, AR

Okay, good to know. Yes I have had it (sb6180 interface) up and open on my MacBook Air, as well as, the cox.net internet speed test, and the DSLreports.com As of this morning's modem Reboot @ 10:15am up to now the service seems to have evened out. I will close those browser session windows and try to use the Internet as usual, instead of sitting here trying to see what issues may be. Thank you.
Will let you all know tomorrow how the Skype, College Uploads, MMO and A/V streaming go.

WiFiTech

Rogers, AR
reply to WiFiTech

I will not be posting to this thread anymore.
My belief in Cox needing to somehow make the information on an account more streamlined is still a strong one. I almost believe that a simple bulletin board allowing the posting of equipment, line and problems being documented by physical address would be a better solution.

Thank you to everyone responding and I am still working on resolving the degredation of service I am experiencing, as posted @ »[AR] I am within Parameters but massive uncorrectables, WHY?