uniqs
CharlesH1
join:2011-04-29
Milpitas, CA

CharlesH1 to PremTech101

to PremTech101

Re: [General] 45 day notice to switch from dsl to uverse

said by PremTech101 :

To clarify ALL ATT DSL customers will eventually be moved over to U-verse.

I have minimal DSL service from at&t as a backup to my "real" service from Comcast. I know my area has U-verse, from all the ads I get in the mail (both e-mail and postal). My DSL is on an RT, which I was moved to when my CO DSL line proved to be unacceptable (before I used Comcast). Am I to understand that at any time, I could get a letter from at&t saying that I must sign up for U-verse internet, and get a compatible modem?

David
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL

David

Premium Member

said by CharlesH1:

Am I to understand that at any time, I could get a letter from at&t saying that I must sign up for U-verse internet, and get a compatible modem?

No, you will recieve a notice saying in the next 30-45 days your service is ending. YOu have two options

1.) let the service run out- disconnection would happen anytime at day 31 to day 45.

2.) order uverse internet service and transfer your existing service to the Uverse IPDSL/VDSL network.You would need a compatible modem as the legacy DSL modem will no longer work on the current Uverse IPDSL network. There is some modems on ebay that will work or others that people have sold ex. 2wire 3600 hgv, etc..

The choice will be yours.

jmorlan
Hmm... That's funny.
MVM
join:2001-02-05
Pacifica, CA

jmorlan

MVM

The top speed of the ATT uverse offering at my location is half what I am getting via aDSL through the CO. Should I move service to a CLEC now to lock in current speeds and avoid being forced to a lower speed uverse requiring a modem upgrade?

wayjac
MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy

wayjac to CharlesH1

MVM

to CharlesH1
Another member posted a copy of a att letter with this info