share rss forum feed

SwedishRider
Rider on the Storm
Premium
join:2006-01-11
not Sweden
kudos:1

[RI] Five Guys Burgers in Warwick

Went to the Route 2 shopping centers in Warwick today and decided to head over to the Five Guys Burgers and Fries across from the Christmas Tree Shop for a late lunch/dinner.

It was the first time I've eaten at a Five Guys... and it was probably the BEST burger and fries I have ever had, bar none. I was really blown away with the food. The fries were ridiculously good! I will definitely go back next time I'm in Rhode Island.

I would highly recommend that chain and that particular restaurant- it was excellent!

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

We have a place in Brunswick (Maine) called "Fat Boys."
With a name like that, you would think it was a "greasy spoon" kind of place. But it isn't. It is constantly commented to have the best burgers!
What is even more unique. It has "car side" service. You park, turn on headlights to get a server who comes and takes your order. And brings it to your car.

gt1racer

join:2008-11-19
Fall River, MA
reply to SwedishRider

if there was one in my area i would definitely go.

bemis

join:2008-07-18
Reading, MA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to SwedishRider

Five Guys is great. I'm not a huge fan of their supposedly wonderful fries--I find them too soggy, but maybe because I got a take out, and they sat in the bag, I should give it a second chance.

The burger WAS fantastic.

The only thing I did not like was the forced and scripted way that they tried to create an atmosphere of fun and excitement... at best a job like that is OK, maybe a bit fun if you work with good people... but it's not yell out loud fun on a lazy Sunday with only 2 customers in the joint.

The squirrels in my yard enjoyed the bulk peanuts I brought home too, tho they had the damned time trying to figure out how to open those first few.

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS
reply to SwedishRider

Ate at a five guys when i was in DC in March. Great burger! I didnt know but they actually have a Five Guys in Portland. Never been to that one yet though.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

ebgbjo
Sewing is cheaper than therapy
Premium
join:2007-09-14
USA

1 recommendation

reply to gt1racer

Ugh, take a five min drive over to Swansea. It is in the plaza where Target is. Or you could head opposite direction and go to North Dartmouth. See, TWO 5 Guys all within a min of 8min drive or a max of about 16mins? You are welcome

SwedishRider
Rider on the Storm
Premium
join:2006-01-11
not Sweden
kudos:1

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcJFdCmN98s

seginus

join:2008-01-30
Worcester, MA
reply to bemis

Yeah, fries get soggy in the bag. If you eat-in and rip open the bag to use as a plate they are much better. I actually have 2 Five Guys within 5 minutes of me in Worcester. Lincoln Sq and White City.

I kinda hate (not really ) that they dump more fries in the bag. Kind of takes away that OOH, bonus fries surprise in the bag.

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
kudos:2
reply to SwedishRider

There is one near Seekonk Grand Prix and TGIFridays.