how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Drummcycle

join:2011-03-31
Springfield, MO

[MO] Spikey latency, packet loss, lag for a week(springfield, mo

Getting a very strange lag over the past week maybe due to DNS server? I just tried to run a speed test things are looking good.. for the moment. Games and browsers lag but VoIP does not (skype) this also happens when no VoIP is running on my machine. pings are up to 5k MS . I called was told there was an outage yet I have never lost full service in this week. Was wondering if old Mediacom chad could shed some light for me

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:103

Re: [MO] Spikey latency, packet loss, lag for a week(springfield

I checked over your modem and both the upstream and downstream signals look good at the moment. Is this happening throughout the whole day or does it seem to only happen during certain times? Also, is this happening to multiple computers on your home network?

Drummcycle

Springfield, MO

yes it was doing it to other pcs on the network I have however removed the network and just have modem (as of two days ago) and still getting intermittent issues it is currently happening now if you get a chance to see. and now back to normal last anywhere from 5-20 mins seems more late at night early AM

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL

I am going to run a 3 day voice session on the modem to see if I can pick up any small signal fluctuations. I will keep you posted when that completes.

Drummcycle

Springfield, MO

Thanks it just happend and is now at 9:53 pm CST seems to happen more late at night. Ping at around 515 ms then back to 30 jumps up to 3k ping or timesout.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL

Thank you for the update. I will keep you posted when the session completes.

Drummcycle

Springfield, MO

welcome, having another spike now

Drummcycle

Springfield, MO
reply to Drummcycle

has been doing this pretty much all dat today 1234 MS atm

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL

I am still waiting on the results from that voice session. I will keep you posted when they come back.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
reply to Drummcycle

The test finished and it does show 4 spikes in the latency between the modem and our headend. It isn't as sustained as you're describing though. Since midnight everything has looked great here. How is the connection today? If you're still having issues I would need to get a tech to check everything out onsite.

Drummcycle

Springfield, MO

I would appreciate that yesterday was a good day but as soon as i got home today at around 5 i had 3k ms on VoIP and flat speeds of about 30%

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL

Once the trouble call is completed. Let me know if the issue persists.