jameswade
join:2001-12-09
Hot Springs, NC

jameswade to WHT

to WHT

Re: [Equipment] 802.11a USB adapter

This is interesting, thanks:

»www.aaronia-shop.com/pro ··· v4x.html

For 2.4 Ghz site checks and coverage checks I use WiFi Analyzer on Andriod, but it only knows about 2.4 Ghz WiFi with the beacon on and can't tell me about interference.

There is a big 'ol bulky spectrum analyzer in the office, but I can't keep it with me in the field and easily keep track of what's going on in the ever changing ISM bands.

And I'm still really curious about the new dual band cards coming out that claim to do 802.11a.

After a weekend of experiment with the Waverider PTP stuff and my card with the Ralink chip(set) in it I don't see it being useful for detecting if a given radio is emitting RF, much less actually connecting to it - I suppose the card and software need to see some sort of beacon and these radios don't seem to be putting one out.

Next I'll take some of the Tranzeo radios home (in a tiny valley with no neighbors or a way for 5 Ghz to escape) and see if the card will recognize them. If the card sees them I may be able to use it for quick signal strength tests. And maybe this card could be CPE for the Tranzeo radios.

I'm still hunting for the documents that will help me understand how the 802.11a implementation varies between these radios.

Thanks for the help!

WHT
join:2010-03-26
Rosston, TX

WHT to jameswade

to jameswade
said by jameswade:

I've blocked the guys making the accusations

Well if I'm blocked, that's a shame because I provided a list of useful tools in my above post.
jcremin
join:2009-12-22
Siren, WI

jcremin

said by WHT:

said by jameswade:

I've blocked the guys making the accusations

Well if I'm blocked, that's a shame because I provided a list of useful tools in my above post.

I was thinking the same thing... Some of the people he blocked are probably the most likely that would have been able to help him. Guess he doesn't want help that bad.

treich
join:2006-12-12

treich to jameswade

to jameswade
Well if I am blocked so be it just comes to show he doesnt want any type of help from us end of story so we should stop replying to this topic see how far he gets until he starts a new thread with same stuff and asking for new help again.

Jason
Stowage Class Traveler

join:2001-01-24
38.2967 Lat

Jason to jameswade

to jameswade
I'm going to go and lock this in place..

It looks like jameswade See Profile got some of the info he was looking for.

Now its just turning into a moaning match.

The tools that WISP techs use can easily be used for deviant purposes, I'd be shocked, frankly, if there wasn't a healthy amount of skepticism from the regulars about questions of this nature, Surely you can appreciate that.