share rss forum feed

FiReSTaRT
Premium
join:2010-02-26
Canada
Reviews:
·Velcom
reply to Gone

Re: [Weather] S. ON: So, hot enough for you?

I stayed at home (took a sick day) today and it was just comfortable, maybe even slightly chilly (even though that will change when the land mass absorbs more heat over the next few weeks and we might need to run the fans from time to time). Feel sorry for the commercial HVAC guys having to work on rooftops though.. I hope they bring water.. Lots and lots of water
--
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.
—George Bernard Shaw

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to jmacd27

said by jmacd27:

When people ask why I moved from Florida, I ask them to imagine 4-5 straight months of temperatures like this. It is easy to cope with temperatures like this 3-4 days at a time. But after 4 months day after day it really sucks.

I talked to a girl from Florida, this type of weather, for 4 months straight, is what she likes...winter never bothered her.

It hit 33C in Kitchener today....but humidity only took it to 38C....little dry, I guess.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20
reply to donoreo

Nice out now, warm but with a cool breeze coming in from the north.

Link Logger
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
reply to donoreo

Click for full size
Click for full size
Quit bragging, we have been freezing our butt off in Calgary, its a whopping 14 and thats as nicest it has been for the last 2 weeks.

I shouldn't have planted a garden, I should have planted rice with all the rain/snow we have been having lately. Went out to the summer place in BC and there is tons of snow left in the mountains and not very high up either as I've never seen snow so low in the mountains at this time of the year. They closed the ski resorts, not because of a lack of snow, but because everyone is sick of snow.

Blake
--
Vendor: Author of Link Logger which is a traffic analysis and firewall logging tool

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON
reply to donoreo

Still 29C at 22:00. Glad I have AC.

FaxCap

join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC
reply to donoreo

It's been a cool Spring here in the Vancouver area also. Had some
lovely days but no real heat. But then again we never get the
humidity like you do back east.

FaxCap

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2
reply to donoreo

AWCN11 CWTO 290229
WEATHER SUMMARY FOR ALL OF SOUTHERN ONTARIO AND THE NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION ISSUED BY ENVIRONMENT CANADA AT 10:28 PM EDT MONDAY 28 MAY 2012.

-------------------------------------------------------------
==WEATHER EVENT DISCUSSION==

A TASTE OF SIZZLING SULTRY SUMMER TEMPERATURES.

A NUMBER OF NEW MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE RECORDS WERE SET IN SOUTHERN ONTARIO ON MONDAY. TEMPERATURES SOARED INTO THE LOW AND EVEN SOME MID THIRTIES AS SOUTHWESTERLY WINDS PUMPED UP AN UNSEASONABLY HOT AIR MASS FROM THE UNITED STATES.

THE HIGHEST MAXIMUM TEMPERATURES WERE RECORDED AT BORDEN WHERE IT REACHED A SIZZLING 34.7 AND AT NEARBY COLLINGWOOD WHICH RECORDED A MAXIMUM OF 34.1. TEMPERATURE RECORDS AT THOSE TWO LOCATIONS ARE NOT COMPLETE, ALTHOUGH IS IS QUITE POSSIBLE THEY WOULD ALSO BE NEW RECORD MAXIMUMS.

THE HOT SPELL WILL BE SHORT LIVED AS A COLD FRONT WILL SWEEP THROUGH THE DISTRICT BY TUESDAY AFTERNOON, FOLLOWED BY A PERIOD OF COOLER THAN AVERAGE TEMPERATURES LATER THIS WEEK INTO THE WEEKEND.

-------------------------------------------------------------
LOCATION NEW RECORD HIGH OLD RECORD YEAR

WINDSOR 33.9 32.8 1941
SARNIA 32.2 31.6 1987
HAMILTON AIRPORT 31.9 31.6 1987
KITCHENER-WATERLOO 33.1 32.0 1987
GUELPH 31.7 31.1 1911
ELORA 32.1 29.8 1987
WIARTON 30.1 28.8 1978
BARRIE 32.2 31.5 1978

THIS WEATHER SUMMARY CONTAINS PRELIMINARY INFORMATION AND MAY NOT CONSTITUTE AN OFFICIAL OR FINAL REPORT.

END/OSPC
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

vue666
Small block Chevys never die
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS

Send some of that heat my way....it's really cool today in HRM....

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

Stiflingly hot in RMN today.

vue666
Premium
Halifax, NS

How hot is hot?? I guess a lot depends on the humidity... Cousin in Phoenix (originally from Halifax) claims 80F in Ottawa feels a lot hotter then 100F in Arizona....

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

It's 9:42AM and it's already 82 with 60% humidity.

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON
reply to vue666

Very uncomfortable here. 27C here and 65% humidity feels like 34C. It feels almost as bad at work. I believe at night they are still drawing in outside air with no AC on. They did this back in March when it got hot and given the humidity in here (am sticking to everything) I think they still are.

vue666
Premium
Halifax, NS

It's only 8C in Halifax... I had to put the heater on my Impala this morning.... brrrrr... I hate the cold...

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
reply to donoreo

It's a comfy 18C in the NCR this morning, with a forecast high of 24C. The humidity yesterday created some rather dramatic thunderstorms in the mid- and late afternoon, but the evening was comfortable after the cold front came through (dropped 9C in an hour). I got caught out on my bicycle when the rain started, but it was a warm rain so after a few minutes I was like an 8 year old boy playing in the rain on his bike.
--
All of us get lost in the darkness, dreams learn to steer by the stars
All of us do time in the gutter, dreamers turn to look at the cars

Join Team Helix

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2

It threatened so many times in Toronto yesterday it wasn't funny. I had a 10am meeting in Missisagua and it looked like it might rain before I left , nothing, I got home, the wind picked up , it got really dark.. nothing....

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

Same here, you could see the storms over the lake but we never actually had anything happen here.