AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

paranoid

Got this from a disposable facebook acccount. I'm in NJ. What TLA hails from Ft. Meade MD?

Hi  AVD,

A new device named "tenderloin1" logged into your Facebook account (Monday, May 28, 2012 at 5:05pm) from Ft George G Meade, MD, US (IP=184.226.47.184). (Note: This location is based on information from your ISP or wireless provider.)

This device has been added to your account.

Was this you? If so, you can disregard the rest of this email.

If this wasn't you, please follow the link below to protect your Facebook account information: https://www.facebook.com/checkpoint/xxxxx

To learn how login notifications like this one can help you to protect your account information, visit the Help Center: http://www.facebook.com/help/?topic=loginnotifications. Please note: Facebook will never request your login information through email.

Thanks, The Facebook Team

Edit: minor redactions...

Cartel
Intel inside Your sensitive data outside
Premium Member
join:2006-09-13
Chilliwack, BC

4 edits

Cartel

Premium Member

NSA?

»beta.xfire.com/users/ten ··· 1/videos

General Keith Alexander, head of both the NSA & CYBERCOM, meets annually at Bilderberg with the likes
of Google's Eric Schmidt, Microsoft's Craig J. Mundie (and former CEO Bill Gates),
Facebook's founders & funders and others.
Their mission, in part, is to control the Internet and end web freedom forever.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· &t=1m33s

KodiacZiller
Premium Member
join:2008-09-04

KodiacZiller to AVD

Premium Member

to AVD
Ft. Meade is the HQ of the NSA. Just sayin'. Do you happen to be Arab by any chance?

Brano
I hate Vogons
MVM
join:2002-06-25
Burlington, ON

Brano to AVD

MVM

to AVD
Did you login to Facebook from HP touchpad running Cyanogenmod Android? It's dev name is tenderloin. »get.cm/?device=tenderloin

AVD
Premium Member
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

Yes, that is my device name fo the tablet. But I'm in New Jersey. Now I get geolocated to some weird places, but Ft Meade is too much of a coincidence for me.

Brano
I hate Vogons
MVM
join:2002-06-25
Burlington, ON

Brano

MVM

HP touchpad does not have GPS chip there are fake values inserted to ensure compatibility with apps that need gps. That may be it. Check the CM forum to confirm.

Noah Vail
Oh God please no.
Premium Member
join:2004-12-10
SouthAmerica

Noah Vail to AVD

Premium Member

to AVD
The IP shows as a Sprint Mobile addy.

Whatever they used for geolocation has bad or outdated data. I get that all the time.

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

StuartMW to AVD

Premium Member

to AVD
Well you're not paranoid if they really are out to get you

Maybe it's because if this

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium Member
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN

2 recommendations

Blackbird to AVD

Premium Member

to AVD
Congratulations, AVD. You've shot up near the top of the grid. For some of us, it takes much of a lifetime of patient work to achieve such recognition...

AVD
Premium Member
Onion, NJ

AVD to Brano

Premium Member

to Brano
said by Brano:

HP touchpad does not have GPS chip there are fake values inserted to ensure compatibility with apps that need gps. That may be it. Check the CM forum to confirm.

the Android version uses wi-fi geo-location, and it knows where I am to the quadrant of my home. Apparently facebook uses ip-geolocation, but I don't like that it has me at Ft. Meade.