SipSizzurp
Fo' Shizzle
Premium Member
join:2005-12-28
Houston, TX

SipSizzurp to WHT

Premium Member

to WHT

Re: [Tech Ops] Which UBNT firmware version is solid?

said by WHT:

said by SipSizzurp:

Shame that UBNT is letting a couple of ego-freak dumbasses run their support site into the ground. Not all that surprising considering the lack of pride UBNT takes in the their product line, but still a shame.

We could have done without that comment.

I can't imagine why you would find that to be offensive.
You yourself have made a few colorful posts about Uniquity and your negative opinions on how well they maintain their inventory levels......

WHT
join:2010-03-26
Rosston, TX

1 recommendation

WHT

said by SipSizzurp:

You yourself have made a few colorful posts about Uniquity and your negative opinions on how well they maintain their inventory levels......

And my posts are factual. I suppose I took your "ego-freak dumbasses" too personally, my apologies.

DaDawgs
Premium Member
join:2010-08-02
Deltaville, VA

DaDawgs to SipSizzurp

Premium Member

to SipSizzurp
said by SipSizzurp:

said by WHT:

said by SipSizzurp:

Shame that UBNT is letting a couple of ego-freak dumbasses run their support site into the ground. Not all that surprising considering the lack of pride UBNT takes in the their product line, but still a shame.

We could have done without that comment.

I can't imagine why you would find that to be offensive.

Surely it isn't because he believes he dominates the Ubiquiti forums?

WHT
Rosston, TX

WHT

said by DaDawgs:

No, I don't don't "believe" that. It's a matter of fact.

DaDawgs
Premium Member
Deltaville, VA

DaDawgs

Premium Member

said by WHT:

said by DaDawgs:

So you dominate the Ubnt forums. That is good Justin. That is good. You will do well to remember that nobody dominates this forum.

See my impression is you and Mr. Conaway are acting like you run the forum here again. You are again double teaming the regulars. I take issue with that, and I will always be here to do that. I don't run this place and I don't feel it is my place to tell you that you don't run this place, but from time to time somebody needs to remind you and Mr. Conaway that there are a lot of competent engineers in this forum. Not necessarily me, but more than a dozen other engineers with vastly more experience than you and Mr. Conaway combined.

Someone needs to remind you from time to time. I guess that is me till I get sanctioned.

WHT
Rosston, TX

WHT

said by DaDawgs:

So you dominate the Ubnt forums. That is good Justin. That is good. You will do well to remember that nobody dominates this forum.

Why should i remember that when I never considered it in the first place?

DaDawgs
Premium Member
Deltaville, VA

DaDawgs to WHT

Premium Member

to WHT
said by WHT:

said by DaDawgs:

Yeah... No arrogance in this house.
rconaway8
join:2005-11-10
Phoenix, AZ

rconaway8 to DaDawgs

to DaDawgs
I'm completely baffled. Justin asked me to assist someone who was looking to get into the WISP market. I freely offer numbers and advice and you take exception to that. If you don't agree with me, present me with a sample business plan that you have actually written and had approved by accountants or CPA's as a counter argument. I will be happy to take that plan and have it evaluated for accuracy, feasibility, and potential investor interest.

I consult to a lot of companies that touch the WISP and ISP industry from almost every angle. Everyone can have an opinion, but when people pay for information, it had better be accurate or they don't come back and your reputation is damaged. Not everyone likes what I have to say and I understand that. However, I try to be honest to the best of my abilities based on the information I gather. If it's wrong, I will be the first to correct it. However, that hasn't happened yet with over 40 articles published on websites and magazines. Other than what you say here, I don't see anything else documented as to you owning and managing a WISP operation. Working at one is not the same as risking your entire financial future or other people's money. I'm open to debate my ideas any time but please do your research first as to what you think my position or experience is. I will be honest and tell you what I can. I don't want to run any forum as I simply don't have time for that as evidenced by how rare you see me here.

To get this back on point, the latest 5.5.1 RC is actually very good. I wouldn't deploy it yet until it gets vetted a little after release and there is an AirControl product to support it. Unless there is a specific problem you need to address now, stay with 5.3.5.
SipSizzurp
Fo' Shizzle
Premium Member
join:2005-12-28
Houston, TX

SipSizzurp

Premium Member

said by rconaway8:

To get this back on point, the latest 5.5.1 RC is actually very good. I wouldn't deploy it yet until it gets vetted a little after release and there is an AirControl product to support it. Unless there is a specific problem you need to address now, stay with 5.3.5.

In this forum, that is all you needed to type. The rest of the conjecture belongs at the UBNT forum.