how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

epoch86

join:2012-05-28
Ridgeway, VA

Problem With Disconnecting

I have CenturyLink as an ISP, and didnt see where to post this, so I'll post it here. For awhile now I have been getting disconnected from the internet frequently. It will drop connection and take about a minute to reconnect. It happens between 1 to 30 minutes at a time. The setup i have is from the NID theres the CenturyLink 660 Series Modem/Router, then a DLink DIR-165 Wireless Router. All 4 ports have computers plugged into them and they also get disconnected when I do. I have installed a DSL Filter so its not line interference. I even bridged the modem, but still get disconnected. All the lights are on like normal but when it drops connection the Internet light goes out on the modem. I have even tried plugging my laptop directly into the modem but it still drops connection at the same rate. Ive did a continuous ping test and it just says Host Unreachable while its out and it goes back to normal once it connects. Also when it does disconnect the Network icon in my tray has the yellow triangle on it. Im using Win7 also.
Can someone please help me?! Thanks

Semaphore
Premium
join:2003-11-18
kudos:1

said by epoch86:

I have installed a DSL Filter so its not line interference. ...

Hopefully your did NOT place the filter on the line TO the DSL MODEM right?

said by epoch86:

Also when it does disconnect the Network icon in my tray has the yellow triangle on it. Im using Win7 also.
Can someone please help me?! Thanks

Sounds to me like the LAN port on your DSL modem is dieing - try replacing the modem - they are cheap.

S