watch

YukonHawk

join:2001-01-07
Patterson, NY
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to plat2on1

Re: [IPv6] Evidence of Comcast IPv6 CPE Dual Stack (CPE and CPEPD)

said by plat2on1:

I thought we were on the same CMTS. does comcast6.net say you are ipv6 enabled?

Hey there Plat...Yes, you're correct about the same CMTS. Comcast6.net also gave me this message:

Your IP address is 2601:6:4b00:a4b:cd4e:970d:2015:a995
Congrats! You are using IPv6 on the Comcast Cable network.

Looks like I am good to go. Glad were on Native/Dual Stack IPv6. Now.....Nirvana would be to have our speeds doubled again. Otherwise I am a happy camper!

plat2on1

join:2002-08-21
Hopewell Junction, NY
reply to YukonHawk

said by YukonHawk:

Patterson NY
Apple Extreme 5th Gen.
Set to IPv6 Mode "Router"
Config IpV6 Automatic
Modem Cisco DPC3008

I went to another site(forgot which one) and it said that "your browser appears to have an IPv6 address but is avoiding to use it and that bother us"

I am running Firefox v.28 and I checked the "about.config" settings for IPV6 and the value is set as false which it should be. Anyway, just glad to get rid the HE tunnel and have what appears to native IPV6. Thanks Netdog for your hardwork.

I thought we were on the same CMTS. does comcast6.net say you are ipv6 enabled?

YukonHawk

join:2001-01-07
Patterson, NY
Reviews:
·Comcast

2 edits
reply to NetDog

Click for full size
Patterson NY
Apple Extreme 5th Gen.
Set to IPv6 Mode "Router"
Config IpV6 Automatic
Modem Cisco DPC3008

I went to another site(forgot which one) and it said that "your browser appears to have an IPv6 address but is avoiding to use it and that bother us"

I am running Firefox v.28 and I checked the "about.config" settings for IPV6 and the value is set as false which it should be. Anyway, just glad to get rid the HE tunnel and have what appears to native IPV6. Thanks Netdog for your hardwork.

ctgreybeard
Old dogs can learn new tricks
Premium
join:2001-11-13
Bethel, CT
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to NetDog

Woo Hoo! Danbury, CT gets with the program!

Click for full size
Bethel, CT (Danbury, CT system)
ASUS RT-AC66R
Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.374_4561
--
Old dogs can learn new tricks!

Ripper
Premium
join:2002-02-07
West Palm Beach, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to NetDog

Click for full size
West palm Beach FL. Started this past week , Zoom 5352 Modem/router.

NetFixer
Freedom is NOT Free
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage

1 recommendation

reply to Darxus

said by Darxus:

Realized my screen capture looked a little different than anybody else's because I was using the wrong site, sorry about that, added the right one.

Actually, »test-ipv6.com is a better test site, and offers helpful diagnostic infomation; and it is offered as a test link on Comcast's »www.comcast6.net site as an alternative to their own customized three year old copy of the same code (notice the "World IPv6 day is June 8th, 2011" statement on Comcast's version of the test).
--
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.

Darxus

join:2014-03-09

3 edits
reply to NetDog

Click for full size
Click for full size
Pelham, NH
Modem: DBC2100R2
Router: None, directly connected to modem from Linux (Ubuntu 12.04 Precise)

I've been running a cron job for a while which automatically checked »www.comcast6.net/ for IPv6 availability, and it just became available today.

My modem is *not* listed as supported, so I'm surprised this has worked at all.

I have been trying all day to get it to work with my WAP between my computer and my modem, unsuccessfully. My WAP is a TP-Link TL-WDR3600. I've been able to get a v6 subnet delegated, reboot my workstation, and get a global v6 address there, but then get nothing but "network unreachable" when attempting to connect to anything (with the WAP hooked up, as I said, it works when connected directly).

I am curious if my problems are caused by the fact that I'm using a modem that is not listed as supported.

Cron job which I used to find out IPv6 became available:

27 4 * * * links -dump »www.comcast6.net/ | grep 'Your CMTS is not supported at this time' || echo '»www.comcast6.net/' | mail -s "Comcast may have started providing IPv6" youraddress@example.com 2> /dev/null

(Please use a random time, so everyone isn't hitting it at once.)

Not really sure why my browser is preferring v4 over v6, sorry about that.

Edit: Fixed the warning about my browser preferring v4 over v6 by disabling network.http.fast-fallback-to-IPv4 under about:config in firefox.

Edit: Realized my screen capture looked a little different than anybody else's because I was using the wrong site, sorry about that, added the right one.

WesleyMC
Premium
join:2014-03-07
Belle Mead, NJ
reply to NetDog

Click for full size
Belle Mead, NJ
Modem: Motorola SURFboard SB6121
Router: ASUS RT-AC66U Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.39, Native DHCP-PD

crad

join:2007-01-07
Essex Junction, VT

1 edit
reply to NetDog

Essex Jct. Vermont
Windows 7

csnyder

join:2007-09-10
Grand Rapids, MI
reply to NetDog

Click for full size
Another Grand Rapidian checking in!

SB6121
pfSense 2.1 router

Youngjm

join:2002-04-01
Ada, MI

2 edits
reply to NetDog

It looks like Grand Rapids, MI just got IPv6 today!

Model Name: SB6120
Vendor Name: Motorola
Firmware Name: SB_KOMODO-1.0.6.10-SCM00-NOSH
Boot Version: PSPU-Boot 1.0.0.4m1
Hardware Version: 1.0
Serial Number: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Firmware Build Time: Oct 29 2012 18:07:13

Configuration
Frequency Plan: North American Standard/HRC/IRC
Custom Frequency Ordering: Default
Upstream Channel ID: 3
Favorite Frequency (Hz) 579000000
DOCSIS MIMO Honor MDD IP Mode
Modem's IP Mode IPv6 Only

Connected to an Airport Extreme

rideboarder
welcome to the social
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Snohomish, WA
reply to NetDog

Click for full size
Another one from WA here.
Asus RT-N56U (Default Firmware, 3.0.0.4.374_979)

System
reply to marcvh

(topic move) Lost connectivity in Sultan, WA

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »[Connectivity] Lost connectivity in Sultan, WA

Streetlight

join:2005-11-07
Colorado Springs, CO

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to andyross

Click for full size
Click for full size
andyross,

Ya, I knew that there were only a max of 4 channels each for up and down. I don't have a particularly fast connection 'cause I don't need it. My wife and I are empty nesters and don't do a lot of simultaneous video streaming. Note the figure showing 8 downstream channels with 4 blank. I presume the 5341H is hardware limited to 4 down channels. We did pick up one upstream channel with the new firmware which seems to have raised upstream speeds by about 10%, otherwise not much increase in performance. Not sure what else the update did. Zoom's website isn't too helpful there.

I managed to get "true" IPv6 back as can be seen by the figure. Xfinity speed test shows both IPv4 and IPv6 results as does linking to Google's sites. Another thread suggested for Netgear routers one might need to disable IPv6 on the IPv6 page and reboot. That's what I did: disable IpV6 in the router, shut every thing down, including modem, router, computers, reboot modem and when sync established, reboot router. I then reset on the router's IPv6 page auto config for IPv6, and it worked. The disabling of IPv6 on the router with the old firmware was not necessary when IPv6 went away usually during a power outage or other acts of god.
--
There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.

Sherlock Holmes in
The Boscombe Valley Mystery
A. C. Doyle
Strand Magazine, October 1891

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
reply to Streetlight

You have the 5341H, which only supports 4 downstream channels.

Streetlight

Colorado Springs, CO
reply to andyross

said by andyross:

Which version of the 5341? My 5341J has version 5.5.4.9J.

Plain, old 5341 not the J. The box it came in says 5341-02-03H. The case design is kinda' rounded on the edges whereas I think the J model has more sharp, square edges. The Zoom website shows the difference as do the links in Comcast's site about approved modems.

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
reply to Streetlight

Which version of the 5341? My 5341J has version 5.5.4.9J.

Streetlight

Colorado Springs, CO
reply to marcvh

A couple of mornings ago at ~1:00 AM Comcast pushed a firmware update for my Zoom 5341 modem from 2...something to 3.1.0.1pre3. Prior to the update I had "pure" IPv6 service but after the update I'm on a 6to4 tunnel. The router (Netgear WNDR 3700) shows that as well as a WAN IPv6 IP address. Rebooted things several times, but no joy. I changed DNS servers from Comcast's 75.75... ones to Google's 8.8.... ones, still no change. I'm at a loss as to how to get my IPv6 back other than getting Comcast to roll back the update. Not sure I want to do that considering a screw up by a CSR may brick the modem! At least the internet works well on IPv4.

One improvement is that Upstream went from 3 channels to 4 channels and upload speeds increased about 10%. The presentation in the status pages is now much more attractive with some additional info, but I'd rather the older Green and Grey pages with IPv6 capability.
--
There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.

Sherlock Holmes in
The Boscombe Valley Mystery
A. C. Doyle
Strand Magazine, October 1891

camper
Premium
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to bgoodbody

said by bgoodbody:

Looks like they have hit some king of road block

That's what I've been thinking lately.

No IPv6 rollout-related updates have been posted on the IPv6 Information Page for over two months.

So I figured they may have run into another firmware bug somewhere...

bgoodbody
Bill G

join:2002-05-08
North Truro, MA
reply to NetDog

Looks like they have hit some king of road block, nothing here
--
- Bill

marcvh

join:2014-01-26
Seattle, WA
reply to NetDog

Seattle had full dual IPv6 working for a while, but after a modem reboot (Arris TM722G) it's back to a 6to4 tunnel. Guess there are still transitions going on.

Gerard1234

join:2012-04-03
reply to NetDog

I just god a Cisco DPC 3939 and the IPV 6 is not enabled. Hazel Park Michigan.

camper
Premium
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT
kudos:1
reply to bgoodbody

I looks like the deployment has slowed down since the past push.

bgoodbody
Bill G

join:2002-05-08
North Truro, MA
reply to NetDog

Still nothing out of Mashpee, MA
--
- Bill

John_Dogg

@comcast.net
reply to NetDog

Click for full size
Click for full size
Jonesborough, TN 37659
Connected to the Comcast IPV4/IPV6 network via an ARRIS TM822G, and a D-Link DIR-655 router.

Native IPV6 is now enabled in Jonesborough, TN. Pulled this new address a week ago.

cybiko123
Premium
join:2008-12-01
Chicago, IL
reply to NetDog

Click for full size
Modem: Motorola SB6141
Router: Linksys E4200 on OpenWRT r39210

INTENS1
Never Stop Trying
Premium,MVM
join:2002-04-21
Midwest
kudos:2
reply to INTENS1

It's back now.....that's it for me....speed is great with or without....other things to worry about.
--
Anticipate Nothing...Expect Everything

INTENS1
Never Stop Trying
Premium,MVM
join:2002-04-21
Midwest
kudos:2
reply to NetDog

Not the end of the world....just wondering what may have happened as to where I had it previously but not now.

Springfield IL
--
Anticipate Nothing...Expect Everything

wumarkus

join:2001-11-12
Alexandria, VA
reply to NetDog

Click for full size
Alexandria, VA

SB6120 and ZyXEL USG 50 - some misinformation in the other USG threads, the correct settings are (should apply to any USG 3.x firmware):

WAN - SLAAC on, RA off, setup DHCP client and request for delegation, check request address, should show link local and 2001::/128 address as DHCP
LAN - SLAAC off, advanced settings request from prefix, suffix = ::1/64, DHCP off, RA on, advertise suffix = ::0/64, should show link local and 2601::1/64 address as DHCP (even though DHCP is off)

Client was Windows 7 with teredo and 6to4 disabled. Received 2601:: address as expected. The suffixes were messing things up before, if you set it to ::/64 without something in front of the slash, the setting wouldn't save. The zero took care of that problem.

DanM64

join:2013-01-10
Mokena, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to NetDog

Click for full size
Mokena, IL
SBG6580 (on the trial firmware )