All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
atbroome
join:2001-12-27
Morristown, NJ

atbroome

Is the 7232 only avaible with MDVR charge?

I have a single original 6416 and want to upgrade to the 7232 primarily for the 500GB of storage. As as added benefit it will look a lot better in my rack since all of my other components are black.

I am willing to grudgingly pay the $40 one time upgrade fee even though Verizon will have to swap out this dinosaur for free at some point, but I don't see having to pay the monthly MDVR fee if I only have the single unit. Does 7232 absolutely == MDVR?

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

You can get the 7232 without it being multiroom activated.
lijacobs
join:2010-07-30
Woodmere, NY

lijacobs to atbroome

to atbroome
said by atbroome:

Does 7232 absolutely == MDVR?

No
atbroome
Morristown, NJ

atbroome

So the Verizon rep was wrong. Shocking

Just to be explicit, if I pay my $40 and return my old DVR I can get a 7232 and pay the same $16.99 monthly fee?
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

said by atbroome:

So the Verizon rep was wrong. Shocking

Just to be explicit, if I pay my $40 and return my old DVR I can get a 7232 and pay the same $16.99 monthly fee?

Yes.
atbroome
Morristown, NJ

atbroome

Thank you all

MuDvAyNe
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY

MuDvAyNe to atbroome

Premium Member

to atbroome
I have two in my house that are not Multi-room activated.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

1 edit

bohratom to atbroome

to atbroome
In the past the 7232 was available for anyone who asked including walking into your local fios office. However things have changes as nycdave said and now they are only available if you pay a $40 fee online for the upgrade.

Tarheel72
join:2005-12-18
Plano, TX

Tarheel72

In general this is a correct statement. However I would at least give it a try if you are near one or more Fios stores. You could call first and see if they will let you do it or you could just take your 6416 and carry it with you and see if they will trade it out for you.

Another option is to report the 6416 box as broken and ask for a replacement via a technician/truck roll. They sometimes have the 7232 on the truck and you might luck out and get one that way.

You have nothing to lose. You can always go back to ordering online and paying the $40.

Fireguyy
join:2006-10-01

Fireguyy

The FiOS stores will NOT give you a 7232 DVR anymore, the company has cracked down because they found out folks were bypassing the $40 charge, so don't waste your time.

Your only chance would be through a tech roll, but the company is pushing drop ships and self pickup for STB related issues and plans to start charging for truck rolls for those who refuse those two options.
billhere
join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA

billhere

I didn't really "bypass" the $40 charge. Back in October there were two ways to get a 7232 DVR. One was free at a FiOS store and the other was to pay $40 and have it shipped. I signed up for the shipping but after not hearing from FiOS for two weeks I called a local store and exchanged my unit there.

Besides the 500 gb hard disk this is a much nicer looking unit.
tnsprin
join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL

tnsprin

lower power usage, more memory, faster cpu, and larger disk space. Definitely superior to the earlier 7216. I think it was well worth the 40 one time charge I paid.

Fireguyy
join:2006-10-01

Fireguyy to billhere

to billhere
said by billhere:

I didn't really "bypass" the $40 charge. Back in October there were two ways to get a 7232 DVR. One was free at a FiOS store and the other was to pay $40 and have it shipped. I signed up for the shipping but after not hearing from FiOS for two weeks I called a local store and exchanged my unit there.

Thats the thing, you did bypass it, the store's were never supposed to swap them out for the new units. They have since cracked down and you can only swap it if you have a 7232 already.

twilleyj
join:2001-11-10
Odessa, FL

twilleyj

My two old DVR's "BROKE". (3 weeks apart) Must have been a power surge.

They shipped my shiny new Motorola QIP7232's.
No $40 change was ever seen.
billhere
join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA

billhere to Fireguyy

to Fireguyy
said by Fireguyy:

said by billhere:

Thats the thing, you did bypass it, the store's were never supposed to swap them out for the new units. They have since cracked down and you can only swap it if you have a 7232 already.

No bypass, I called a CSR in October and was told there were two ways to get a 7232 DVR. I had absolutely no problem at the store. I not only saved $40 but I got the 7232 much faster than had I waited for the mailing.